Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old October 28th, 2003, 01:26 AM   #1

Default Battlestar Galactica DVD Box Set is AWESOME!!!

Well, I must say that I am very picky when it comes to DVD sets. I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with this box set. There are some scratches on the original pilot episode, but the rest of the series video and sound is top notch.

The deleted scenes and bloopers are enough to peak anyone's interest. One blooper is of the daggit moving out of frame to reveal some nuts and bolts on the floor and someone off camera says, "the daggit sh#t on the floor again." I laughed hysterically. There's a lot of that type of stuff.

Five stars for the extra footage and the documentaries were very interesting (not just old news rehashed). I HIGHLY recommend this box set.

WAY TO GO TO THE ORIGINAL BATTLESTAR GALACTICA!!!
Old October 29th, 2003, 06:17 AM   #2
Apollo

I was pretty impressed too with the set!! It's about time we had this Epic on Dvd!!
Old October 29th, 2003, 08:29 AM   #3
MMaola
Shuttle Pilot

I agree completely, Galactifan. The Battlestar: Galactica DVD boxed set is FANTASTIC!

Old October 29th, 2003, 11:05 AM   #4
goldcenturian
Shuttle Pilot

Default I agree!

One word of caution for the youngest of warrior viewers. In addition to the daggit joke there is another blooper on the Murder on the Rising Star bonus that maybe you wouldn't want your kids to see or hear. The scene where Starbuck escapes, you know the one where he and Cass are in the cell in the G's brig? It's one long scene with very few cuts. Dirk gets all of the way to the end where he has grabbed the security guard and is demanding the key or locking device and instead he yells, "Give me the laser!" that he had already told the other security guard to drop. You can see on his face the moment the word "laser" is out of his mouth that he knows he's messed it up. His comment, "F$%^!" He seemed to be a very calm person the one time I met him last May in Knoxville, TN. I wonder how many times they'd had to do that scene and how much pressure they were under to get it done? Anyway, just some info for the younger viewers.
Carolyn
goldcenturian is offline   Reply With Quote