Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 12th, 2003, 10:00 PM   #31
Tyrol
Aaron Douglas

Battlestar Galactica 2003
Cast Member

Dawg
thanks man will see you soon hopefully
14 thats funny now I have Darth in my head for the night. could be worse I guess
Tyrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2003, 10:15 PM   #32
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Could be worse, could be Dark Helmet instead.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2003, 10:27 PM   #33
Tyrol
Aaron Douglas

Cast Member

Oh man you are killing me.
Or when Bob MacKenzie when Rick Moranis wore the storm-trooper-esque suit in the hockey game in Strange Brew.
"He saw Jedi 17 times, eh."
Old December 12th, 2003, 10:35 PM   #34
jeditemple
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyrol
Maybe Tyrol can't bring himself to do it so he leaves her on a planet alone, presumably to die.
As a guy, I have to put myself in Tyrol's position.

Let's see...I have a sex machine of a girlfriend who will never age. She's a hottie with a killer body and a penchant for sex anywhere on the ship. I'm going to abandon her on a planet... RIGHT.

:p
jeditemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2003, 10:42 PM   #35
Tyrol
Aaron Douglas

Cast Member

You make a great case for staying on the planet with her but would she with him? Is it down to kill or be killed?
Old December 12th, 2003, 10:47 PM   #36
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

That might depend on how long he normally flew before launching his Vipers, if you know what I mean. Some gals are picky about that. LOL

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2003, 09:17 PM   #37
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Default An amusing suggestion

Lurking at the SciFi "official BSG" forum,I ran across a post by
Darthbeavis suggesting Dirk play Cain in a BSG03 Pegasus encounter.

I am sure many (even I) would doubt he would bite,but I think it is a cool idea.

Last edited by Darth Marley; December 20th, 2003 at 09:53 PM..
Darth Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2003, 09:45 PM   #38
callsignfalcon
Warrior

it would be neat! or at least one of the origanal series cast to play cain.... of course then thats just my opinion...
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2003, 04:33 AM   #39
The Rain
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally posted by Titon
Geeks? Let's just say fans of the original Battlestar Galactica.

No no no... scream it from the top of a mountain. Be proud.

WE ARE GEEKS! HERE US ROAR!!! :laugh:

(studio execs do)

(edit)
I should have read further down the thread. HA!

Last edited by The Rain; December 21st, 2003 at 05:07 AM..
The Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2003, 05:07 AM   #40
The Rain
Bad Email Address

Hmmm... Ice Station Zero...

In a dark, reimagined version it's the station where the Cylons are developing their human models. The human models are essentially identical to humans except for a few artificial chemicals, right?
So now because of emotions and an anomalous capability to reproduce, are making babies and revolting against their machine masters! They become allies to the Galactica fleet. Suhweet irony dontcha think?

Oh yeah, and they acquire a really big bad@$$ gun to add to Galactica's arsenal as well.
The Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2003, 07:04 PM   #41
dec5
Warrior

Default :lol

Quote:
the real boomer vs. the cylon boomer. very cool idea. I like that a lot. Maybe the cylons are clones of real people and one model could be an Adama.

Cat fight between good cylon Boomer and Imperious leader Boomer.......Meowwwwwwwww...

Last edited by dec5; December 21st, 2003 at 07:11 PM..
dec5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2004, 11:54 AM   #42
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Default Baltar's Cylon detector.

Some humor has been made at some other forum about how if Baltar were a more attantive lover,he could have just made a battery operated Cylon detector.

Even so,there is some ambiguity as to whether his detection test is real,or if it was just a cover story to play out his hunch.

Perhaps we will see a social commentary on drug testing. The military would want to see all the survivors tested to prove they are human,and the civilian govt would be all a twitter about protecting the rights of the accused.

Also,given a lack of food sources,perhaps the issue of cannibalism will be explored. A fusion of "Alive" and "Soylent Green."

Last edited by Darth Marley; January 8th, 2004 at 02:01 PM..
Darth Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2004, 12:43 PM   #43
Antelope

Default There is no cylon detector

Baltar made it up. We don't know Cylon 6's real motivation for fingering the victim but she stated that she picked the victim along with Baltar because no one on the crew had a vested interest in keeping him around. Their spoken goal was to get the device removed from the CIC. Baltar asks Cylon 6 if the victim was a cylon and 6 said she never saw him at any cylon parties. It turned out he was a cylon but Baltar thought he sent an innocent man to his doom to preserve himself and the Galactica. With the exception of the unexplained red spine scene and the issues with the cylon on Ragnar there seems to be no detectable physiological difference between us and human-cylons. I think the cylon on Ragnar may have been there to give the Galactica crew a false impression that human-cylons were different. I think this is the old chicken and the egg story. We create them, then they create us. At some point down the road no one would know what came first. I think the Galactica was allowed to escape for some unknown reason by someone in the cylon hierarchy (possibly cylon 6).
Old January 8th, 2004, 01:58 PM   #44
CrysWimmer

Default Hmmm...

Another thought would be that he comes across several Boomers <g> - a multitude of Cylons that look like her. Now then he'd go insane - or think he was - but it has possibilities

Mostly I've gotten interested in the Starbuck/Apollo dynamic. Those two have a whole lot of issues to work out, none of which were really addressed. They hinted at his forgiving his father, but can you imagine how he's feeling about her at the moment - then she goes and saves his life... maybe he's the one that will go insane.

-Crys-
just looking for a different approach
Old January 12th, 2004, 08:32 PM   #45
Imagination

Default Re: Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally posted by CrysWimmer

Mostly I've gotten interested in the Starbuck/Apollo dynamic. Those two have a whole lot of issues to work out, none of which were really addressed. They hinted at his forgiving his father, but can you imagine how he's feeling about her at the moment - then she goes and saves his life... maybe he's the one that will go insane.

-Crys-
just looking for a different approach [/B]
That is another unexplored dynamic. Starbuck obviously didn't seem to think too much of Apollo in their first scene ("sorry I wasn't there to greet you... did they kiss your ass to your satisfaction?"), yet was obviously sad that Apollo was killed ("especially that of Lee Adama").

I wonder if Apollo "forgave" his father, or began to understand that his father was not as much at "fault" as Apollo thought (that life is more gray than black and white). Unlike the TOS relationship, I also wonder how close Apollo and Adama were in the past. I got a sense that Apollo thought Adama an emotionally distant father. The uncharacteristic and deliberate hug of a son returned from the dead made Apollo question if he really knew a father he had possibly never felt especially connected to.

So, though Apollo was estranged from Adama over Zac, he'll let Starbuck off the hook without comment? Maybe genocide does make you rethink your priorities.

And how come most of the characters seemed to take the colonies destruction in their stride so calmly? Little sense of horror present, IMO.
Old January 13th, 2004, 12:46 AM   #46
sharpe26
Shuttle Pilot

here 's another thought on Tyrol shooting Boomer you guys kind of keep ignoring; Boxey.

how would Tyrol tell Boxey? and Dawg, I got a few ideas on what you're talking about as well.
sharpe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2004, 03:24 AM   #47
CrysWimmer

Quote:
I understand that there are the references to the old show and they are quite cool and fun but for anyone to think that they are so big as to 'remind' the audience of the original with thier 'I am going to walk or chew my gum or whatever just like so and so in the original' is just plain dumb.
I understand your point... but I still got goosebumps during the decomissioning ceremony when the viper passed by to the old song.

Maybe I'm just a softy.

-Crys-
Old January 13th, 2004, 03:42 AM   #48
CrysWimmer

Default Re: Re: Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally posted by Imagination
That is another unexplored dynamic. Starbuck obviously didn't seem to think too much of Apollo in their first scene ("sorry I wasn't there to greet you... did they kiss your ass to your satisfaction?"), yet was obviously sad that Apollo was killed ("especially that of Lee Adama").
Actually, Starbuck's initial response is pure sarcasm - remember her insulting Helo in the fight scene? That's just how she is. And she didn't do it with any heat at all. Clearly it was an old teasing between them. His remark reinforces that. She also has a clear respect for Adama, and that's the real barrier between them. It's all fun and games until she mentions his father, and then the defenses start, "Kara, don't even start." Another clue there - first name. They really are close, they just have a lot of baggage between them. I liked the touch with the folded picture too - somehow as if she couldn't look at him when he was away, but missed him just the same (she didn't cut it, she folded it). The picture itself was also well done. She's happy, Zak's happy, and they're in each other's arms. Look how far away Lee is standing, and look at expression on his face.

Quote:
I wonder if Apollo "forgave" his father, or began to understand that his father was not as much at "fault" as Apollo thought (that life is more gray than black and white). Unlike the TOS relationship, I also wonder how close Apollo and Adama were in the past. I got a sense that Apollo thought Adama an emotionally distant father. The uncharacteristic and deliberate hug of a son returned from the dead made Apollo question if he really knew a father he had possibly never felt especially connected to.
I think it was a little of each - forgiveness AND understanding. The sense I got from the hug was pure desperation. Lee comes in and sees a picture of his mother and brother - both dead. I didn't miss the sniffle or the tears. He looks up, notices his fater, and instantly tries to hide those emotions. Note: Adama says "I'm sorry". It's significant - he knows Lee is hurting, and he respects that. At this point, Lee turns his back on his dad. According to the script, he's worried that he's in trouble (insubordination). But it looked to me like he just wanted to get out of there before he came apart. His dad hugs him - now there was desperation there, too. Think about it - his only living reletive, and he has him back. Okay - final point. Lee starts out stiff, but watch his eyes. They close, and you can just see his body relax a bit. He not only allows the hug, but he's clinging a bit, too. Very well done scene. Very touching. Very REAL to what I've seen of father/son relationships. It's not all over - not by a long shot - but Lee realized that they were a family, whatever that meant.

Quote:
So, though Apollo was estranged from Adama over Zac, he'll let Starbuck off the hook without comment? Maybe genocide does make you rethink your priorities.
Look at the logic - Lee THINKS that Adama pulled strings so that his son would "be a man". That's pretty cold and selfish. Kara passed him because she loved him, and she couldn't bear to see him fail at something he wanted so much; something that was so important to his father, and probably to him. Have you ever done something to please your parents that you just weren't good at? And then failed? She couldn't do it to someone she loved. Selfishness vs. love is a pretty good reasoning for a different set of priorities. A different level of forgiviness. Besides, his father never admitted anything (for good reason) and Kara was taking FULL responsibility, even knowing how Lee would likely take it.

Quote:
And how come most of the characters seemed to take the colonies destruction in their stride so calmly? Little sense of horror present, IMO.
They're in shock. Plain and simple. I remember when Desert Shield went to Desert Storm. I sat in front of the TV and it just wasn't real. All I could think is, "My God, my husband is in the middle of all that mess." I didn't cry for two weeks - I didn't THINK of it for two weeks. I put one foot in front of the other and tried to manage the house, college, and work without any help because he was gone. Survival mode. All the other emotions will hit them, but possibly not for a long while.

Okay - sorry for writing a book - but I really loved the above scenes and I wanted to share why they so intrigue me.

-Crys-
Old January 13th, 2004, 12:41 PM   #49
sharpe26
Shuttle Pilot

sounds like Lee Adama needs to run into either Serina or Sheba soon.
sharpe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2004, 01:11 PM   #50
Imagination

Default Re: Re: Re: Hmmm...

Quote:

They're in shock. Plain and simple. I remember when Desert Shield went to Desert Storm. I sat in front of the TV and it just wasn't real. All I could think is, "My God, my husband is in the middle of all that mess." I didn't cry for two weeks - I didn't THINK of it for two weeks. I put one foot in front of the other and tried to manage the house, college, and work without any help because he was gone. Survival mode. All the other emotions will hit them, but possibly not for a long while.

-Crys- [/B]
Crys, I sure enjoy trading comments with you. Man, I need a bigger TV, I miss half the stuff (the folder picture - oh, it was folded? I could not see any expression on faces, either.) - yeah, I did get the sarcasm, but I also thought there was a bit more than that.

And I agree about the emotional resonance of that hug, to me that was THE highlight of the mini. You can be sure I didn't miss that sniffle either, or the melting of Apollo's reserve when he returned the hug and squeezed back tears. Man. Sigh. Re : you comment that per the script, Lee thought he was in trouble (insubordination) please elaborate. Why? I totally don't see this, but I'venever seen the script, so I'm blank here.

Re: my quoting you above regarding the apparent lack of reaction - I was in the Canadian backcountry on 0911 with no access to the media (new arrivals on the copter brought the news - this was at Assiniboine) and I'm afraid some of us reacted shockingly (to some, but a human trait) with some very black humor as a coping mechanism. Some folks were quiet as could be, some of us were cracking the worst jokes ever, but we were all in some way numb and you could tell, regardless of the outward expression. With the characters in the mini, I never got a sense of COPING with the tragedy by focusing on the here and now, it all seemed so normal with no inner turmoil - no catching oneself in a moment of remembrance or survivor's guilt.
Old January 13th, 2004, 01:32 PM   #51
CrysWimmer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmm...

Quote:
Crys, I sure enjoy trading comments with you. Man, I need a bigger TV, I miss half the stuff (the folder picture - oh, it was folded? I could not see any expression on faces, either.) - yeah, I did get the sarcasm, but I also thought there was a bit more than that.
The feeling is mutual - I love chatting about this stuff and sharing my views - and of course seeing the views of others.

There are two shots of her with the photo - in the first, she unfolds it. Then they skip around a bit, and come back to her praying. It's at the end of the mini, with cigar in her hand, that you realize she's going to leave it unfolded. Zak is smiling, Kara kinda has her head ducked down, but she's smiling too. Lee is over to the side, about an arm's length to their left, and his arms are crossed in front of him. He has his weight kinda on one side, and he's in one of those smirky-sorta-smiles. I could write an essay on that picture alone.

Quote:
And I agree about the emotional resonance of that hug, to me that was THE highlight of the mini. You can be sure I didn't miss that sniffle either, or the melting of Apollo's reserve when he returned the hug and squeezed back tears. Man. Sigh. Re : you comment that per the script, Lee thought he was in trouble (insubordination) please elaborate. Why? I totally don't see this, but I'venever seen the script, so I'm blank here.[/B]
The hug WAS amazing. Very nice acting. Wonderful moment. As for being in trouble, keep in mind the last remarks he'd made to him. "I said, I heard you." and the like - he wasn't exactly polite, and had been directly defying his father on the orders of a "school teacher". He couldn't have thought dad would be happy. Also there's Tigh, who's sarcasm is just this side of distructive. "Gonna be so damn happy you're alive..." the tone of his voice suggests almost the opposite, although he's totally true. I just don't get Tigh - maybe in time I'll puzzle him out.

Quote:
Originally posted by Imagination Re: my quoting you above regarding the apparent lack of reaction - I was in the Canadian backcountry on 0911 with no access to the media (new arrivals on the copter brought the news - this was at Assiniboine) and I'm afraid some of us reacted shockingly (to some, but a human trait) with some very black humor as a coping mechanism. Some folks were quiet as could be, some of us were cracking the worst jokes ever, but we were all in some way numb and you could tell, regardless of the outward expression. With the characters in the mini, I never got a sense of COPING with the tragedy by focusing on the here and now, it all seemed so normal with no inner turmoil - no catching oneself in a moment of remembrance or survivor's guilt. [/B]
I saw a few moments - the absolute shock as they try to get that museum squadron ready - "How many are in Caprica City?" "7 million." So you see some there. I absolutely loved Dualla, too - every time she brings a note, letter, or message to Adama she's in tears. Quiet ones - she's still doing her job, but you can see her coming apart. More very fine acting, and very realistic. They are all concentrating on their work, rather than letting it all sink in. Then there was Cally crying with Prosna in her arms, and Tyrol's reaction to that. There was the stiff, careful "right" that Kara responded to Tyrol's statements with. And the catch that was *almost* in her voice when she asked about Sharon. Note that Tyrol dismisses Cally when she asks if he's okay - if he talks about it, he'll lose it. That same emotion was present in the "40 seconds" scene - a man at the end of his rope, holding on for dear life because he has kids to take care of. That's the final point - most of the folks on the Galactica were Rookies - kids. You don't see a lot of reaction from the young ones - they don't know what it means yet. I think reality just hasn't struck. Especially with the bridge crew - all they saw were a few explosions and some dust. The flight crews OTOH are dealing with bodies, shot-up planes, and many of their pilots NOT coming home.

I think the reaction will be there - it just hasn't set in yet. The only one I saw that was callous was Tigh. Don't like the character, and that's saying something because I *love* the Irish character on most shows <g>. He's a little one-dimentional in his emotional range, but that's just me. The apology at the end didn't make a damn bit of sense, except maybe he was grateful on Adama's behalf. I guess he decided to "make nice" because she was back to stay, and held in higher esteem by the Adamas than he was. Still don't get the guy.

I catch something new each time I watch. That's what I love about it. Then I settle in for some armchair pschology, and I have my recreation set for a month <g>. I just have to figure things out <g>.

-Crys-
Old January 13th, 2004, 02:06 PM   #52
Antelope

Default No time for emotion

I think like mentioned above the situation overwhelmes the individual. The length of the mini in real time is probably 48 hours at most. In a military operation in our world that entailed as much combat, movement, planning and coordination as what the crew of the Galactica went through most people would have been working for two days straight on adrenalin. A calmness overcomes many in combat as you turn into a "robot" doing your part as a cog in a big machine. You would feel so small compared to the enormity of what is going on around you. You have your small part of the battlefield that takes all your time and attention but only through radio chatter do you realize the enormity of what's going on. Only after things are "over" do you have time to realize the depth of what happened and where you are in the big scheme of things. I think at the end of the mini the Galactica's crew is exhausted and stunned. When the crew finally wakes up from their first sleep in a few days I think the survivors guilt and mourning will set it. So long as the cylons are on them it will repress those feeling. Many an old veteran sheds tears on Memorial Day 20 years after a war is over for a friend he didn't have time to cry over or help when he died in battle. I am sure the officers and NCOs would not show tears to give strength to those they lead and the enlisted would not show emotion because they knew their leaders expected nothing less and they didn't want to let their friends down. The ceremony at the end and memorials in general tell the soldier/sailor it is OK to grieve now. Adama however had to express those feelings but give the crew an uplifting message to go on with. I think he was saying that we mourn the dead but we are not finished so keep your head in the game and get back to duty. A lot of people are depending on you.
Old January 13th, 2004, 03:30 PM   #53
Imagination

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmm...

Quote:

I saw a few moments - the absolute shock as they try to get that museum squadron ready - "How many are in Caprica City?" "7 million." So you see some there. I absolutely loved Dualla, too - every time she brings a note, letter, or message to Adama she's in tears. Quiet ones - she's still doing her job, but you can see her coming apart. More very fine acting, and very realistic. They are all concentrating on their work, rather than letting it all sink in. Then there was Cally crying with Prosna in her arms, and Tyrol's reaction to that. There was the stiff, careful "right" that Kara responded to Tyrol's statements with. And the catch that was *almost* in her voice when she asked about Sharon. Note that Tyrol dismisses Cally when she asks if he's okay - if he talks about it, he'll lose it. That same emotion was present in the "40 seconds" scene - a man at the end of his rope, holding on for dear life because he has kids to take care of. That's the final point - most of the folks on the Galactica were Rookies - kids. You don't see a lot of reaction from the young ones - they don't know what it means yet. I think reality just hasn't struck. Especially with the bridge crew - all they saw were a few explosions and some dust. The flight crews OTOH are dealing with bodies, shot-up planes, and many of their pilots NOT coming home.

I catch something new each time I watch. That's what I love about it. Then I settle in for some armchair pschology, and I have my recreation set for a month <g>. I just have to figure things out <g>.

-Crys- [/B]
You're right - I like totally forgot about Cally, Duala, etc and I have to agree with you. Tyrol, Starbuck, too. You can tell who I'm mainly paying attention to (I AM a grown up, I AM).

Re: Tigh. A nice moment for that character was his placing his hands on Adama's shoulder in sympathy for Apollo's "death." Re: his tone to Apollo regarding his father's happiness, I think it was snarkiness over giving in to Roslin's request, through Apollo at that point, for aid to the civilians.

The insubordination - I totally disconnected the "acknowlege receipt of message" to the hug scene. By that time, it was history and he was obeying the prez's orders (and I assume the commander in chief?).
Old January 13th, 2004, 03:55 PM   #54
CrysWimmer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmm...

Quote:

Re: Tigh. A nice moment for that character was his placing his hands on Adama's shoulder in sympathy for Apollo's "death." Re: his tone to Apollo regarding his father's happiness, I think it was snarkiness over giving in to Roslin's request, through Apollo at that point, for aid to the civilians.

The insubordination - I totally disconnected the "acknowlege receipt of message" to the hug scene. By that time, it was history and he was obeying the prez's orders (and I assume the commander in chief?).
Thanks for reminding me about Tigh - that's the only scene he seemed remotely human in. Well, that and when he was in Adama's room deciding NOT to press charges. "I did not... unless I did." Cute line.

As for the "insubordination" - I'm with you. But if you think about it, when someone loses someone they love (or come close) the thing most often on their mind is the last words they said to them - the regrets. I'm thinking that's where Lee's mind was when his Dad walked in.

-Crys-
Old January 13th, 2004, 05:26 PM   #55
Imagination

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmm...

Quote:
As for the "insubordination" - I'm with you. But if you think about it, when someone loses someone they love (or come close) the thing most often on their mind is the last words they said to them - the regrets. I'm thinking that's where Lee's mind was when his Dad walked in.

-Crys- [/B]
(I'm trying to get up to 25 posts, notice?) yeah, I kinda wondered where Adama's "I'm sorry" came from, it could have meant sorry on so many levels, for so many things, I wondered which level was topmost.

Still, did Lee regret his last words to Adama? After all, they were measured and without anger, and he was obeying the Prez's orders. I could see him regretting that Adama didn't understand the position and that Adama was not pleased (!) at having his orders contradicted (though I think Lee got a certain satisfaction in defying Adama since he truly had his back covered).

Yeah, I liked Tigh's line, too. That, and his concern for Adama were the only "human highlights" for that character, so he may have potential if written right.
Old January 14th, 2004, 02:25 AM   #56
CrysWimmer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmm...

Quote:
(I'm trying to get up to 25 posts, notice?)...

Still, did Lee regret his last words to Adama? After all, they were measured and without anger, and he was obeying the Prez's orders. I could see him regretting that Adama didn't understand the position and that Adama was not pleased (!) at having his orders contradicted (though I think Lee got a certain satisfaction in defying Adama since he truly had his back covered).

Probobly only after he considers how close they came to being his last. They were measured - yes... not angered? I'll tell ya, Jamie Bamber has a real grasp of the fine-line between mouthing off and getting in trouble. It's what keeps the character from being obnoxious, IMO. It's kinda like that half-laugh, almost like a private joke the first time he see's his father. Like he thinks the situation is so obsurd that he wants to scream, but he only slips once with that, "GOOD" - quick recovery, "Good, they were meant to." He's so close to the edge, and keeping things so tightly controlled, that it's a wonder he doesn't have a stroke at some point in the mini.

That's why I like his interaction with Starbuck so well. Especially when he "returns from the dead". It's a real smile on his face, one he can't hold back, like "oh man, this is gonna be fun." The banter there is genuine, and not forced. She's good for him.

And yeah - I think he liked having the president on his side, right up until he realized that his father was right.

-Crys-
Old January 14th, 2004, 10:26 AM   #57
Imagination

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmm...

Quote:
[He's so close to the edge, and keeping things so tightly controlled, that it's a wonder he doesn't have a stroke at some point in the mini.

-Crys- [/B]
Yes, indeed.
Old January 14th, 2004, 10:27 AM   #58
Imagination

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmm...

Quote:

That's why I like his interaction with Starbuck so well. Especially when he "returns from the dead". It's a real smile on his face, one he can't hold back, like "oh man, this is gonna be fun." The banter there is genuine, and not forced. She's good for him.

-Crys- [/B]
That truly was a real grin/smile in that scene. You nailed that description.