Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 24th, 2003, 07:12 PM   #31
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

I think we all can fight the way we wish to as long as we remain on the same side.
I have seen others do things different then I and still accomplish things while I on the other hand have accomplished allot by being nice.

If we stay on the same side, we will accomplish something but if we allow our selves to be divided, then we have already lost. I know that we can be a team and not let this happen because I have faith in this fandom.

OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2003, 07:20 PM   #32
jjrakman

Default Wait a minute

"We chose the Battlestar Galactica BBoard on which to test the new system because it's one of our busiest boards and because it's received the most complaints from you, the fans, about inappropriate content."

Weren't they the ones who repeatedly say that there are not many fans who remember the original. How then could it be their busiest board if RDM's schlock hasn't even aired?

"The debate about a re-imagining vs. a continuation has run its course, and new articles on the subject won't be posted."

Now weren't they also the ones who were saying that they have not heard any continuation fans voicing their wishes. So how could this debate have run it's course, much less ever began?
Old April 24th, 2003, 07:22 PM   #33
jjrakman

Default I agree LSF,

I think people need to pick a side. There'll be enough time for warm fuzzy feelings after the battle is fought. Also, when will the President and the Coucil of 12 decide the next course of action? I look forward to taking it.
Old April 24th, 2003, 07:24 PM   #34
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default OWD

Agreed. I WANT US TO BE A FRIGGIN TEAM.

I'll use my very limited sports experience as an example. When a Team has a playbook, do they keep that book open for the other teams to read?

Do they allow the other team to have representitives wandering around, flipping through the play book?

Do they have coaches that coach Both Teams at the same time?

All three answers is NO.

If we are to be a team, this needs to be our HQ. Yes, there can be a public area, and there should be, but there also needs to be areas that people who might be reporting to Milty and Co do not have access to. How can we plan any strategy, or discuss tactics, with Friends of Milty sitting in on the planning. Oh yes, they'll claim that Milty won't hear a word of it, but come on, My Mom had her failings, but birthing out Idiot children wasn't one of them.

Folks that have one foot in each camp would not be able to access the Restricted Areas. I hate to bag a very hack-kneed phrase here, but "You're either with us, or against us", at least as much as the Restricted Area is concerned.

I'm serious about the Restricted Access areas. They might also have the side benefit of allowing us to talk, undisturbed, which will allow the more general conversations to take place in the Public Area.
LordStarFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2003, 07:25 PM   #35
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Quote:
Originally posted by oldwardaggit

If we stay on the same side, we will accomplish something but if we allow our selves to be divided, then we have already lost. I know that we can be a team and not let this happen because I have faith in this fandom.

OWD
Well said Mr President!

-Ronald D. Moore-
Scooter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2003, 07:28 PM   #36
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

I'm starting to think that they won't be happy until they come right in our homes and take our tapes of the original away from us. lol

I guess I should disguise my Galactica 80 tapes as the first season so that they will take them first. LMAO

OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2003, 07:29 PM   #37
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Default Re: OWD

Quote:
Originally posted by LordStarFyre
Agreed. I WANT US TO BE A FRIGGIN TEAM.

I'll use my very limited sports experience as an example. When a Team has a playbook, do they keep that book open for the other teams to read?

Do they allow the other team to have representitives wandering around, flipping through the play book?

Do they have coaches that coach Both Teams at the same time?

All three answers is NO.

As an ex highschool football player Lordstarfyre raises some serious issues.

All we have is Basestar. We need more places.

-Ronald D. Moore-
Old April 24th, 2003, 07:46 PM   #38
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Default Re: I wasn't jumping your bones Micheleh

Quote:
Originally posted by LordStarFyre
I'm just saying that if that's truly the way that Admin/Mod feels, let him ask me to leave. I'm giving him that opportunity, if he's wanting it, but hasn't done it for whatever reason, here I am.

I'm here to fight for Galactica, not to coddle the feelings of those who want to destroy it. Sometimes fights get ugly, that's just the way of things.

I guess I'm being refered to.

I think you are raging a little hot right now and taking my words in a harsh polarized light.

To make my thoughts clearer. That comment about how LSF is aiding Moore and Hammer is 100% correct. it is not a planned thiing. I know you are honestly devoted to the show. But the forums depend on Titon. And when you attack him and try to brand him as a benedict arnold you are chopping down the tree that supports these forums. If you drive Don out, the forum ends. End of CF. And Moore and Hammer will share a glass of champagne.

That's how you are doing Hammer and Moore's will. And quite effectively too I'm afraid.

Also another problem is that raging against anyone who isn't 100% with you 1) saps the energy of all involved as they have to fight through this turmoil and 2) it makes us look "FANatical". The pro Hammer fans can take your quotes and show them as proof how we aren't being reasonable. I'm not trying to start an argument here, but well the forum is filled with negative bickering, and paranoia that would make Oliver Stone would feel at home here. People are being attacked on suspicion of being a SPY! sheesh.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2003, 07:48 PM   #39
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default OK Tom

Then I leave CF...

Please Delete my Account.
Old April 24th, 2003, 07:50 PM   #40
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

And no I don't want to ban anyone. The controls are right in front of me, but I have no urge or need to go for them. If I had, I would have.

I take that back. I did ban Titon. He needs a vacation from this frustration! LOL

Old April 24th, 2003, 07:51 PM   #41
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

(sigh)

why don't you just go for a vacation for a bit. You seem to be running too hot right now. Your login and password will be waiting for you when you feel like returning.

Old April 24th, 2003, 07:52 PM   #42
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default Then Delete My Account Thomas

If my 25 years in this fight is nothing but serving Bonnie and Moore, then go ahead.

Regardless, I'm out of here, effective immediatly...
Old April 24th, 2003, 07:54 PM   #43
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Default Re: Re: Re: I wasn't jumping your bones Micheleh

Quote:
Originally posted by LoneWolf
I guess I'm being referred to :/

I never tossed out an accussation. I 3rd degreed the fella, then got the proper information and apologized to the fellow.

So casterate me, Tom. It'll make you feel better.

actually I noticed a whole thread where people were accusing someone of not being genuine.

People shouldn't be guilty till proven innoccent.

Old April 24th, 2003, 07:59 PM   #44
AlphaNova
Shuttle Pilot

Default A question

If Universal moved to close down this site, couldn't an arguement be made that they have made no moves to close down other sites based on their properties? I know of numerous Sliders sites which are fan run. And certainly, to attempt to close down every site not sponsored by Universal based on their properties would be a massive job.
Old April 24th, 2003, 08:05 PM   #45
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Darrell- I was talking about a whole thread, not you speciffically.

AlphaNova-
there was a time long ago when Paramount tried to do just that. They felt that their own marketing division should control Star trek images and Star trek discussions. This was back in the early days of the web. But when they tried it, news spread like wildfire across the web, and the resulting flood of emails, and phonecalls made them quickly retract themselves.

Old April 24th, 2003, 08:23 PM   #46
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!

What is going on, here?? And no, I'm not just arriving...I've been watching this meltdown all day!!!

I'm only a friend (hopefully) and I have some friendly advice, take a walk and clear your head, but DON'T WALK AWAY! We're stronger with you than without.

IF each of us is as impassioned as we claim to be, we need to keep things in perspective --
We WANT GALACTICA (not Moore bullsh*t)!

That is first and foremost.

We have all invested a great deal of emotional capital in this fight. Either we're united in this cause or we give it up, today! I don't have the time or desire to watch this effort die a slow agonizing death.

So, are we in for the long haul? OR Do we wave goodbye?

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2003, 09:20 PM   #47
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Not waving goodbye. But everyone walk outside and realize spring is coming sometime tomorrow, please. OK?

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2003, 11:16 PM   #48
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Quote:
Originally posted by jewels
Not waving goodbye. But everyone walk outside and realize spring is coming sometime tomorrow, please. OK?
OK I went out for a beer and some fresh air.

I am back and I still say that this is Bullsh*t on what Sci-Fi is doing.

-Ronald D. Moore-
Old April 25th, 2003, 12:00 AM   #49
repcisg
Bad Email Address

If I may I would like to jump into this for a moment, first I consider all on this board a friend and fellow fan of a really neat show.

But now it is time for all to stop and lissen up.

Universal (which includes SciFi) has a dual problem right now. On the one hand they need to sell of the as much of Universal as possible. That means convincing investors they have viable products to sell, such as the new Battlestar mini. On the other hand SciFi does not provide all the financing for Ron Moore, they use investors, if the show goes south SciFi and Universal will lose very little money, the investors will take the hit.

Now the problem is the Investors have learned to scan the internet, they look at BBoards to see what the fans are saying. If it looks like a particular project is going against what the fans at large want the Investors go elsewhere.

Now SciFi cannot control CF or any of the other private boards but they can control their own. As many have pointed out it has been fishy how so many new handles have appeared supporting Moore’s project, even going so far as to produce new web sites.

Has any one ever heard the term “Shill”? Well they are people commonly used at private auctions to bid up on certain items. They work for the owner of the auction or the seller. In this case SciFi has planted several Shills to create chaos in our ranks. Why? Because we have been causing problems for them with their investors. They need to either shut us down or make us look like fools.

Thanks to the effectiveness of the shills SciFi has been able to justify shutting down the Galactica board. The Investors now have one less board to scan for information.

Now the solution is a simple one, and each of us must stay focused on our goal of a continuation. Our posts must sound reasoned and on topic, if you feel like venting then take a long walk and think it over. Remember if we sound like idiots we are not effective, if we sound like intelligent human beings with a clear understanding of what we want we will be noticed. And trust me on this we have been up to now.

A final word, taken from the lawyers hand book (ug) paraphrased it goes something like this “An effective argument is best made by a an advocate that is not emotional attached to the subject or issue.” In other words if you are about to rip the other person a new one, don’t because if you do – you lose.

I R repcisg
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2003, 02:03 AM   #50
Agelastus
Warrior

Default Re: Re: Re: I wasn't jumping your bones Micheleh

Quote:
Originally posted by LoneWolf
I guess I'm being referred to

I never tossed out an accussation. I 3rd degreed the fella, then got the proper information and apologized to the fellow.
Since as far as I'm aware I'm the fellow referred to in this post, I'd just like to say that LoneWolf was doing the sensible thing. A relatively unknown poster comes on the board and effectively attacks both sides! Of course he needs checking out in the current climate.

And the current climate is why I did it so brutally.

Now, as many of the honoured veterans have said. Stay calm, and let's discuss the real Galactica. The sheer awfulness of the Moore production can surely be taken as read.

Old April 25th, 2003, 04:08 AM   #51
LucianG
Warrior

Please, folks, when our energy needs to be directed outward, infighting does not help, especially when it is laid out for all the world to see. Please try to settle differences by PM, e-mail, ICQ, etc. Let's not give the RDM crowd and TPTB any "moore" ammunition to shoot at us.

"Tilting at the SciFi windmill"
LucianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2003, 07:38 AM   #52
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Quote:
Originally posted by LucianG
Please try to settle differences by PM, e-mail, ICQ, etc. Let's not give the RDM crowd and TPTB any "moore" ammunition to shoot at us.
Agreed!

-Ronald D. Moore-
Old April 25th, 2003, 09:50 AM   #53
Agelastus
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Warrior
"The Charybdis Bunch" is the new name I came up for regarding the remake fans.
That's really quite a clever name, Warrior, given the nature of the Classical Charybdis. What you think of them, where you wish them, and what you are going to do to them rolled up all into one.

(Yes, I do know you probably have me in with that bunch, but praise where praise is due.)
Old April 25th, 2003, 06:55 PM   #54
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Is there a Scylla bunch?

Understood. Lock and... er, lock.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2003, 11:38 AM   #55
viperman
Bad Email Address

Default Write a press release

Write a little article about SciFi's heavy handed censorship of Battlestar fans and send it out to all the Science Fiction and media outlets on the web and elsewhere. I'd do it, but I don't know where to send such things.
viperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2003, 11:59 AM   #56
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Default Is This Really The Sci-Fi Staff?

A cross post asking if that is really them, presented here incase they don't respond.

Is This Really the Sci-Fi Staff??

If so how do you justify censorship on a forum where people are suppossed to have a free flowing exchange of ideas?

Other than the fact that Sci-Fi is producing a mini-series. Arguably the biggest Battlestar Galactica news this year is that a vocal majority of original series fans does not support the mini-series.
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2003, 01:16 PM   #57
JSC1
Warrior

And what's even bigger is that Sci-Fi is OPENLY DISREGARDING this fan base, and is apparently trying to discredit them any way they can to promote what they alone think is best.

The few supporters they have are supporters of Ron Moore, and they have been trying to undermine everything that isn't Moore related regarding Galactica.

Dirty pool people. Dirty pool.
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote