which may tickle your fancy!

Old February 7th, 2005, 04:05 PM   #1
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Stargate Bridges, Gossett, Pileggi join Stargate

From Gateworld:

Bridges, Gossett, Pileggi join Stargate

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 7, 2005

Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis continue to land big talent as the two shows ramp up toward production on their ninth and second seasons, respectively. Today MGM and SCI FI announced that award-winning actors Beau Bridges, Louis Gossett, Jr., and Mitch Pileggi will join the franchise next season in on-going roles.

Beware of some minor spoilers in the story below.

Bridges joins the cast of Stargate SG-1 as General Hank Landry, the new head of Stargate Command. When Jack O'Neill is promoted to oversee Homeworld Security (General Hammond's job during the current season), he hand-picks Landry to be his successor. Bridges will be a regular cast member on SG-1, and will also cross over to appear in a few episodes of Stargate Atlantis.

Born in Hollywood, California, 63-year-old Bridges is the son of actor Lloyd Bridges and the older brother of actor Jeff Bridges. In his esteemed career he has starred in such films as "The Fabulous Baker Boys," "Inherit the Wind" (1999) and "P.T. Barnum" (TV mini-series). His television credits run the gambit from My Three Sons and Ben Casey to The Outer Limits and The District.

Bridges has won three Emmys, and has been nominated for numerous Emmy, Gemini, and Golden Globe awards. He joins SG-1's Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Christopher Judge, and newcomer Ben Browder for the show's ninth season.

Gossett also joins the cast of SG-1 in a recurring role as a Jaffa leader who vies with Teal'c for political control of the new Jaffa nation. Born in Brooklyn, New York, 68-year-old Gossett is a veteran actor of such films as "An Officer and a Gentleman" (for which he won an Oscar, a Golden Globe, and an Image Award) "Enemy Mine," "Iron Eagle," and the classic TV mini-series "Roots" (for which he won an Emmy). His series television credits include The Mod Squad, Bonanza, The Six Million Dollar Man, The Rockford Files, The Dead Zone, and many others.

Science fiction fans will immediately recognize Pileggi as F.B.I. Assistant Director Walter Skinner on The X-Files. The 52-year-old, Portland, Oregon-born actor will play a recurring character on Stargate Atlantis -- a hard-nosed colonel who butts heads with Dr. Weir (Torri Higginson) and Major Sheppard (Joe Flanigan). From the description, Pileggi's character is probably Colonel Caldwell (story).

In addition to his long-running role on The X-Files, Pileggi has appeared on The A-Team, Alien Nation, China Beach, Dallas, Law & Order: SVU, and many others. In 2003 he hosted a new version of the classic reality series In Search of.

Production on both series is set to begin in March for summer premieres on The SCI FI Channel.

Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2005, 05:18 PM   #2
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Wow, it is hard to believe that Beau is 63 years old.....I am so happy to see Gossett and Pileggi also, hope this means more seasons.....
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2005, 05:19 PM   #3
nextceo
Bad Email Address

Always loved Louis Gossett Jr.... Glad to see him get some good work and join SG-1
nextceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 01:48 PM   #4
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Wink

Definitely awesome, they're all very talented and great additions to the cast of SG1 and Atlantis. I'm looking forward to the new Seasons and hope to have many more seasons of both series. Also looking forward to see "Skinner in Space", that definitely would be a lot of fun. He's great.
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 01:52 PM   #5
gmd3d
Major

Thumbs up

Wow 3 ACES, I also have always liked Gossett myself

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2005, 07:16 PM   #6
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

And the fans were starting to worry that SG1 was winding down. With these high caliber names, sounds like there may be a few more seasons forthcoming.
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2005, 03:00 AM   #7
TopGun
Strike Leader

The Great Commander Cain's Son is joining SG-1, cool
Old March 8th, 2005, 11:49 AM   #8
LadyImmortal
Bad Email Address

Holy cow, I'm totally impressed with these additions.

Very sad that Richard Dean Anderson won't be in as many shows but very impressed by the caliber of the new actors coming aboard.

Add in Benjamin Browder (probably got that wrong, lol) and we're talking a top notch cast again! Woo hoo!

--Rhonda
LadyImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2005, 07:56 AM   #9
GalacticanCajun
Warrior

Wow. This makes me look forward to the new season even more!!
Old March 20th, 2005, 08:54 AM   #10
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

I look at this wit hfear and trepidation.

It reminds me of what happened to X-Files when Duchovny went AWOL.

Plenty of fun names are being thrown up to compensate. But it will be a matter of the writing that makes it work, or not.

I liked part one of the season finale.

As for many new seasons? It will be a single season at a time. I am aleays happy to see one more if I am enjoying it.
Old April 12th, 2005, 08:07 AM   #11
Eris
Shuttle Pilot

I'm looking forward to the additions on Stargate. I'm especially upbeat about Ben Browder and Mitch Pileggi. Although Beau Bridges and Lou Gossett Jr. are high quality names as well.

I'm reserving my opinion on the Ronon storyline until I see it. I liked Ford and I'm sorry to see him moved to recurring status.
Eris is offline   Reply With Quote