Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old June 25th, 2004, 08:36 AM   #31
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Here is a language brain teaser, rather than those pesky math ones Bombadil comes up with to vex us. These are actually quite simple.

Here are 2 bird-related palindromes, with a "/" indicating a space between words.

1. Hint: a question of whether large honking water birds visualize deities:
_ _/ _ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _/ _ _ _?

2. Hint: Large flightless Australian birds can steer a wind-powered boat, I suppose:
_ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _,/ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 08:40 AM   #32
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

And another simple, silly one.

Duffus loved potato chips almost as much as he loved his tea. The problem was when he had large family gatherings, all the kids would devour his snacks before he could. So, Duffus came up with another way to keep the snacks for himself and yet make it seem as though he wasn't the greedy snack hog he was. Duffus took two large bowls, one wood, and one plastic and placed them up high so that the kids couldn't see the contents.

He then said, "One is full and the other, empty. You get whatever is in the bowl you pick. You can pick only once, but you must decipher my clues and explain to me which bowl you think has the chips and why. And no random guessing allowed."

He then gave them these clues:

1. The polyester shirt I'm wearing.
2. A cotton shirt in my closet.
3. A hollow cardboard toilet paper roll.
4. This plastic cup I'm drinking my tea from.
5. The acrylic socks I'm wearing.
6. An empty paper lunch bag.

What do the clues have in common with each other and the bowls?

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote