Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old June 19th, 2004, 11:34 PM   #1
amberstar
Strike Leader

Default Just saw a good movie!

Has anyone else had a chance to see Riddick?
I got in late tonight.......I just saw The Chronicles of Riddick.
I saw where critics are calling it "campy" (wonder where I've heard that before)
they also call it "Riddick-ulous" LOL!

I thought the movie was pretty good, not bad for sci fi these days......and the ending was left open for another movie.

I found an interactive site for Riddick, it's slow to load but fun to play! You have to enter the official site then, You have to meet Toombs in order to play.
You get to hot wire a stolen space ship and hop around the galaxy trying to find Riddick.
Hope you all enjoy it!

http://www.thechroniclesofriddick.com/

Amber
Old June 23rd, 2004, 12:19 PM   #2
bsg1fan1975
Major

saw it last night but was totally confused by the whole thing!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2004, 07:14 PM   #3
amberstar
Strike Leader

From what I can understand at this point is that this may be the first of three movies.
It really doesn't give much background before the movie begins. What I learned is from the site above.

I think the plot is that Riddick is from an almost extinct race where they are the only one that can kill the leader of the Necoromongers. Riddick has been eluding mercenaries for five years because he has a bounty on him for previous crimes. He is brought to an old friend who knows he is the only one that can save his planet and the galaxy from the Necoromongers. This he does and ends up becoming their leader in the process.

Hope that helps
Old June 23rd, 2004, 07:43 PM   #4
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

hmmm.... Tommy is confused by what Riddick may be about. It seems like a prison movie to me in the future. Like that fourth Alien movie.

I do know that Riddick video game is suppose to be really good. I've heard some say its one of the best games this year. It uses the actors from the movie. Anf the game model actually looks like Van Diesel.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2004, 07:52 PM   #5
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g
hmmm.... Tommy is confused by what Riddick may be about. It seems like a prison movie to me in the future.
Tom -

It's not a prison flick at all.... It's a very imaginative (from a production design standpoint) Sci Fi/Adventure story. Basically a "Saving the Galaxy from Evil" kind of thing.

I actually liked it too - it's not an "all that" kind of movie, but is was very diverting and fun to watch. Go see a matinee if you feel a bit skittish.

I just rented the animated "Chronicles of Riddick" film on DVD - it was done by the same people that did "The Animatrix" DVD. It's supposed to fill in the gap between "Pitch Black" and the big screen "Chronicles" film. I'll let you know what I think tomorrow after I watch it tonight.

Later,
Bry
________
Avandia lawsuit settlements
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2004, 08:01 PM   #6
amberstar
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999
Tom -

It's not a prison flick at all.... It's a very imaginative (from a production design standpoint) Sci Fi/Adventure story. Basically a "Saving the Galaxy from Evil" kind of thing.

I actually liked it too - it's not an "all that" kind of movie, but is was very diverting and fun to watch. Go see a matinee if you feel a bit skittish.

I just rented the animated "Chronicles of Riddick" film on DVD - it was done by the same people that did "The Animatrix" DVD. It's supposed to fill in the gap between "Pitch Black" and the big screen "Chronicles" film. I'll let you know what I think tomorrow after I watch it tonight.

Later,
Bry
Your review of the movie was right on
Good but not "classic" good

The animated DVD sounds great, I didn't even know there was one.
Old June 24th, 2004, 06:38 PM   #7
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberstar
Has anyone else had a chance to see Riddick?
I got in late tonight.......I just saw The Chronicles of Riddick.
I saw where critics are calling it "campy" (wonder where I've heard that before)
they also call it "Riddick-ulous" LOL!

I thought the movie was pretty good, not bad for sci fi these days......and the ending was left open for another movie.

I found an interactive site for Riddick, it's slow to load but fun to play! You have to enter the official site then, You have to meet Toombs in order to play.
You get to hot wire a stolen space ship and hop around the galaxy trying to find Riddick.
Hope you all enjoy it!

http://www.thechroniclesofriddick.com/

Amber
I'd like to see it sometime
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote