Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Shattered Worlds > The Worlds of Galactica...
Notices
The Worlds of Galactica... An online universe project for BSG fans

Old February 15th, 2005, 11:20 AM   #31
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sept17th
I swear I read Muffit’s post twice, can some one break this down for me like I’m Boxey.?
She gave Amberstar a hug.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2005, 11:38 AM   #32
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel
This sounds like a great idea!

Three cheers for our resident daggit

HIP HIP...

*so, who's gonna finish it?*
Me

Hooray!!
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2005, 11:40 AM   #33
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
She gave Amberstar a hug.

I am
Dawg
Maybe Sept17th needs a hug after that (((((((((((((Sept17th)))))))))))))))))
Old February 15th, 2005, 12:00 PM   #34
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Ahh Frak! I meant Muffit's post that started this thread...gave Amberstar a hug sheesh.
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2005, 02:28 PM   #35
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Ahh Frak! I meant Muffit's post that started this thread...gave Amberstar a hug sheesh.
I knew what you were referring to Sert17th probably Dawg did too it was just too irresistible to tease you though
Old February 15th, 2005, 02:46 PM   #36
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2005, 04:43 PM   #37
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Sept17th!

I will be back in a bit, am having problems with family right now, working 2 projects from 6:00AM till midnite, and they aren't too happy. Be back in a few...

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2005, 05:44 PM   #38
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
I swear I read Muffit’s post twice, can some one break this down for me like I’m Boxey.?
Virtual Galactica. You get to walk around the ship, maybe have a space battle....essentially live out a live interactive fanfic once all is functional. All through your internet browser.
Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2005, 06:02 PM   #39
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Jewels!!! That's it!

Oh, but a little more than that -- Worlds of Galactica will (hopefully) be like a virtual marketplace and grand central station -- everything Galactica will be able to be reached from one simple immersive 3d battlestar. You will see signs in the hallway that say "Cylon Alliance" and "Fan Fiction". Enter those rooms and it wil take you straight to those sites!!! No more silly 2d hyperlinks - we're gonna use 3d virtual reality hyperlinks!!! CLimb in a shuttle -- and zoom off to the Costume marketplace. Or play any of a host of free online games with your friends! Wanna fly one of those duo-vipers from Richard's books? See what the Skye look like??? (with his permission of course!) It will all be here!

Star Trek had 3 years to become like family to the world. We're hoping to invite everyone over to our place for 24 hour a day interactive Galactica where YOU are the star!!!

Anywho, that's the dream. With a little grace and a lot of optimism, this is one dream we can /all/ make come true...

Fondly,
Muffit

P.S. I would also like to introduce a new virtual money system - cubits!!!!!!!! Win or earn soft cubits by contributing time, art, prizes, or whatever, then take them to the Exchange on Carillon, and voila you have /real/ cubits -- hard cubits -- virtual money which you cna buy /real/ merchandise with!!! Trade them to a guild artist for custom artwork characters, or buy a DVD box set!!! This is gonna be SO FUN!!!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2005, 07:11 AM   #40
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Thumbs up

Muffit, etc.

What a great idea! If I can help in any way, let me know. I know enough html to make me dangerous and I am learning my way around php for a bulletin board that I moderate, so I could test stuff, but I am pretty sure that my skills aren't up to par as far as designing anything.

As for art, etc.... well, I have trouble drawing stick figures, I may not be the one to provide that sort of thing! Although, I am taking an Applied Computer Science class & learning the basics of ray tracing using PovRay, so again, I will know just enough to make me dangerous & not enough to be really useful...

I look forward to seeing this dream take shape! You guys are the best!

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2005, 05:47 PM   #41
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Sounds good Muff daggit. By the way I love your new Avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
Announcing: The Worlds of Galactica!

Hail and well met, all my fellow Galactica friends!!!! This silly daggit would like to announce to one and all, the beginning of a new era for Battlestar Galactica fandom! Welcome to the grand opening of -- The Worlds of Galactica! A united fanbase effort to bring the show we all love to the world!!!

Very recently, during the big server move of Colonial Fleets, Thomas (our resident animé artist and VB guru extraordinaire), said something that stirred a tiny flame in me; and from that flame emerged a dream so big I felt as though it were 1978 all over again, and this treasured show we all love so well were being shown for the very first time this coming Sunday!

Imagine the hub of a huge space station, with infinite spokes leading to infinite places, uniting the entire online world of BSG for the very first time!!! A kind of United Nations in cyberspace, where people of all beliefs and origins, and talents as diverse as a 64 bit palette, could congregate together and then fan out (sorry ) to whatever area among hundreds their hearts desired. A real-time 3D world where each and every one of you appear as a customizable character on screen, and frolic in and out between your very best friends, into chat rooms that really are rooms (and aboard the Galactica to boot!); online shops representing anyone and everyone who desires to link to us; completely free online games written in Flash updated constantly which you can play with your online friends; guilds where you can negotiate art talent for your animated 3d characters, or build your own visually stunning 3d shops to show off your own talent; galleries of 2d and 3d art by our gifted members; libraries chock full of fan fiction to your heart’s content; even autographed hard copies of both if you like for a small fee from the artist or writer (like Dark Exodus signed by the author himself!); and of course, our beloved forums just as they have always been, but with special new features allowing video and voice if you are so inclined!

A dynamic, ever-changing 3d world dreamed by the fans, for the fans, and to the world. And a place where each and every one of you can showcase your talent by contributing to this wonderful new venue with whatever abilities you might have: 2d art, 3d art, mesh creation, location naming, testing, texturing, shading, level design, coding (Windows, Mac, php, cgi, Flash, etc), library and content admins (easy!), translation (yes! we will need localization talents so we are world-friendly!), and anything else we can all dream up!! And although the main site itself will be free to all and not sell anything, everyone (and I mean everyone) will be welcome to advertise their talents and wares through doors to shops and shuttles to worlds just like in the imagined future! (And yes, that includes the big guys if they so desire, i.e. Universal, etc). All things Galactica, everywhere, accessible from one unique meeting place, and all for free, all for the love of the show.

So what do you all think? As our dear Kingfish would say, “Holla if ya hear me!!”

Please let Thomas and I know if you are interested, and what you’d like to bring to the party – no one will be turned away if your heart is in the right place! Don’t be shy – I’m certain you have a talent we can use! Simply reply to this post! And feel free to add your own ideas – this is a group dream folks!!!

Special announcement! To begin this grand journey, we will have a little contest – our dream needs a vision, and all visions need a tangible portrait – so get those pixels, acrylics and oils out, and whip us up a logo page! Something that encompasses this dream somehow – all things BSG, past, present and future!! We will then have an online poll to choose the winning picture, and the winner will receive – drum roll please – 5,000 bread ties and a year’s supply of Blue kool-aid in the Café!!! (You were expecting maybe cubits??? ).

As a dear friend of mine likes to say, “And so it begins…”

Affectionately to one and all,
Muffit and Thomas7g

shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2005, 05:50 PM   #42
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
Is this sort of what you had in mind Muffit?

http://www.seansgallery.com/hallway.html
now THAT link I like!
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2005, 12:23 AM   #43
gmd3d
Major

Thumbs up

Thats soo coool.
But I think the plans that the siress muffit and sire tom have is you
load your self in as a character and move with in vertual BSG world.

thanks for the link.I like this guys work and have see it around

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2005, 03:35 PM   #44
BS Cerberus
Battlestar Cerberus CO

I'm definately onboard, please let me know if I can be any help!

Open Comms to Battlestar Cerberus
BS Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2005, 09:25 AM   #45
Kronus
CDR Kronus' Grandson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
I like this, I will check into it!
Kronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 02:40 PM   #46
Haveke

Battlestar Galactica 1978 The Worlds Of Galactia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
Thanks Jewels!!! That's it!

Oh, but a little more than that -- Worlds of Galactica will (hopefully) be like a virtual marketplace and grand central station -- everything Galactica will be able to be reached from one simple immersive 3d battlestar. You will see signs in the hallway that say "Cylon Alliance" and "Fan Fiction". Enter those rooms and it wil take you straight to those sites!!! No more silly 2d hyperlinks - we're gonna use 3d virtual reality hyperlinks!!! CLimb in a shuttle -- and zoom off to the Costume marketplace. Or play any of a host of free online games with your friends! Wanna fly one of those duo-vipers from Richard's books? See what the Skye look like??? (with his permission of course!) It will all be here!

Star Trek had 3 years to become like family to the world. We're hoping to invite everyone over to our place for 24 hour a day interactive Galactica where YOU are the star!!!

Anywho, that's the dream. With a little grace and a lot of optimism, this is one dream we can /all/ make come true...

Fondly,
Muffit

P.S. I would also like to introduce a new virtual money system - cubits!!!!!!!! Win or earn soft cubits by contributing time, art, prizes, or whatever, then take them to the Exchange on Carillon, and voila you have /real/ cubits -- hard cubits -- virtual money which you cna buy /real/ merchandise with!!! Trade them to a guild artist for custom artwork characters, or buy a DVD box set!!! This is gonna be SO FUN!!!

My Dearest Muffit,

Cubits!! Yes!! Oh, BTW... 14 Yarns Ago I Ordered my 1st Deck of Pyramid Cards From Intergalactic Trading Company... Since You Can't Run a Game Without Hard Currency: I Also Picked Up a Supply of Cubits. (Not Joking Herre Folks, These Are Actual Orginal Galactia Props... The Detailed Stamping is Beautiful.

However, I'm Down to My Last Remaining Cubit... Set Only Came with Two. I Don't Always Win Every Hand Of Cards... Lost it to My Best Frind in the World.

We Got these Little Hexagonial Cheese Crackers and Were Using them as Cubits... One of the Other Players Kept Running Low On Cubits, and Had to Keep Getting another Line of Credit From the Bank...(Turns Out He Was Eating His Cubits!!)

Good Thing This Was Only a Friendly Game...

How About Having an Elite Squaderon?

BTW... My Previous Assignment was with the Battlestar Phoenix.

Always Stay With Your Wingman
Old May 16th, 2005, 01:39 PM   #47
julix
Bad Email Address

haveke..........
sorry to stray from the thread topic.........but I saw you got a pyramid game. I am thinking of trying to do a pyramid section at the BG con next year.......so brush up, maybe you and your friends could teach people to play??? And where did you get the cards/cubits???
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2005, 05:15 PM   #48
Haveke

Battlestar Galactica 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by julix
haveke..........
sorry to stray from the thread topic.........but I saw you got a pyramid game. I am thinking of trying to do a pyramid section at the BG con next year.......so brush up, maybe you and your friends could teach people to play??? And where did you get the cards/cubits???
Sorry to Say: I No Longer Have My Pyramid Deck Anymore ... Got Water Damaged During a Waterbed Malfunction. The Game is Actually Very Easy to Learn. Here is a Picture of a Pyramid Deck:

Its Basically Poker, Only the Cards are Hexagonial ... Instead of Having Numbers & Face Cards, You Have Colors... Red, Blue, Yellow, and Black.; With Little Pyramids. You Have Cards That Have Colored Pyramids an 'em (You Try to Build a Pyramid) (Just Like Trying to Build the Hightest Hand in Poker) If I Remember Correctly, You Have Third Level Pyramid (Hand) .. Second Level Pyramid (Hand) ... and Third Level Pyramid (High Hand) ... Then There is the Hand Starbuck is Getting Ready to Play... Right As the Alert Klaxon Sounds... "You May Never See One Again Fellows... a Perfect Pyramid"... Perfect Pyramind Consists of a CAPSTONE (Single GREEN Pyramid) CAPSTONE is the ONLY WILD CARD in the Deck... Also I Warrn You This: Pyramid is VERY Addictive!! You'll find yourself Betting Your Last Cubit, Hey I've Even Put up the Pink Slip (Title) to My Viper... Just to Cover a Bet... (Hey, Just Rremember Han Won the Millennium Falcon from Lando in a Sabot Game) (BTW... Sabot Is Just Basically Poker too)

Anyway... I Bought My Pyramid Deck & My Supply of Cubits From Intergalactic Trading Company. (Be Fore Warned They Don't Come Cheap)
Here is the URL :

http://www.intergalactictrading.com/

The Pyramid Decks are Thick Paper... I Really Wish they had some kind of Coating Like today's Playing Cards.

I Hope I was Able to Point you in the Right Direction there...

Now, If You Wanna See My Cards... You'll Have to Ante Up...

First Round's On Me!!

Jay

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On For No Oneway Mission...We're Coming Back!

See You On The Flight Deck:

Old May 16th, 2005, 05:35 PM   #49
Haveke

Hey, Hope You Enjoy Your Tour of Intergalactic Trading Company. They Are Based out of Florida, they Deal in the Best & Hardest to Find ScFi Collectables ... They Even Have an Orginal Colonial Warrier Helment (Actual Prop, Not Some Cheap Copy) Last Time I Checked on the Price, I Believe it was Somewhere in the Neighborhood of around $1,500 (US)

Also Here is something that I've Discovered, and Wanted to Share With the Rest of You: The Warrior Pins Worn By The Galactia Warriors is Actually a US ARMY INTELLIGENCE Insigna Pin!! For the Bridge Crew, they Just Gave 'em a Glossy Coat of Silver... Or Maybe Chrome.

Jay

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On for No Onewway Mission...We're Coming Back!

Old May 16th, 2005, 06:45 PM   #50
julix
Bad Email Address

thanks Haveke.........
they do have cool stuff
Old May 16th, 2005, 08:39 PM   #51
Haveke

Quote:
thanks Haveke.........
they do have cool stuff
Back Before the Internet Became what it is Today, I was on their Mailing List... I Would Get a New Catalog Each Year. If I had a Dollar for every time I've thumbed through those catalogs....

Main Problem is this: Galactia Stuff is Very Collectable, and in Limited Supply sometimes... I think they Pretty Much Bought the Cubit Props Out Right.

They tend to sell Collectable Merchandise By the Lots (Dealers Order BIG Orders) Usally these People Will be setup at ScFi Cons... Some people Like to Purchase Collectables, and Not Open/Use Them... Not Me!!

If I'm gonna Shell Out Nearly $20 for a Deck of Pyramid Cards, I'm gonna Use 'em!! I've Noticed that the New BSG Has Made use of Both Cubit Tiles, and also Paper Money. Judging from the Thunk sound the Cubits made on the table, I would say they are gonna be Basically the Same as the Orginal Cubits... It'll Probably Have the Colonial Stamp on the Back...

I'm Not Real Sure Here, But I Believe Each Battlestar Had its Own Stamped Cubits... I really Wish there had been Cubits for the Pegasus Available...

I've run across another Place Online where you can buy an Entire Colonial Warrior's Uniform... Both Battle Dress & Formal... Even Replica Weapons (Cast From the Orginal Prop Molds I Might Add) Here is the Site that Will Help to Outfit You for Any Adventure...

http://www.battlestargalactica.org/

This Site Rocks!!

Jay

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On for No Oneway Mission...We're Coming Back!

See You On the Flight Deck:

"Here's to Our Victory Over The Cylons!!" --Cain
Old May 16th, 2005, 09:01 PM   #52
Haveke

Quote:
thanks Haveke.........
they do have cool stuff
No Problem, What's a Wingman for?

Now, If I can just get someone to show me how to Post Images Here... Then My Posts will Be Even More Colorful!!

Jay

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On For No Oneway Mission...We're Coming Back!

Old May 19th, 2005, 07:15 AM   #53
julix
Bad Email Address

Wow.........
Thanks again Haveke!!!!! I posted your link(giving you full credit) over at Laurette's board too.....very nice And with the con next year people can get all they need

Sorry to digress.............back on topic
Old May 19th, 2005, 08:16 PM   #54
Haveke

Quote:
Wow.........
Thanks again Haveke!!!!! I posted your link(giving you full credit) over at Laurette's board too.....very nice And with the con next year people can get all they need

Sorry to digress.............back on topic
Hey, its Not Digress... I Call it "Hyper Thinking"

Always Glad to Help Out a Fellow Warrior

"To Our Victory Over the Cylons!!...The First Round's On Me."--Commander Cain

I watched Part of Battlestar Galactia earlier today on ScFi (Living Legend was Coming On as I Was Heading Out) Went to see Revenge of The Sith Excellent Movie!! Oh, Guess I Forgot to Mention that I Created Myself a Battlestar Galactia Cap (New Series) Bright Red Silver Embroyed: BSG-75 on the Front, and In Smaller Letters: BSG (I Found a Font that is Just Like that of Galactia.

Jay

Old May 20th, 2005, 04:14 AM   #55
julix
Bad Email Address

The hat sounds cool indeed...........and you are right the movie rocked!!!
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:58 PM   #56
Haveke

Quote:
The hat sounds cool indeed...........and you are right the movie rocked!!!
Everone Can Order the BSG Viper Patch and Sew it on a Hat... Well, I just thought I'd Go One Step Further. Back When I Was a Young Kid & watching the Orginal Galactia, I got a Sticker Patch (Which I Placed on a Jacket & Thats What Really Got Me Into Battlestar Galactia) ... Well, that and all the Cool Space battles.... I always Looked Forward to Watching Galactic & Buck Rogers... Having the Chance to Rewatch Buck Rogers... That Series Was Really Hooky!!

I Like My BSG-75 Hat, it Sorta Connects Me to the New Series... I Even Designed My Own Version of The Battlestar Galactic Ship Plaque (as a Tatoo) Maybe after I get Further Caught up on my Bills, I Might Go Have it Inked.

I got a Ticket the Other Day... Got Tagged by the DPS (Texas Department of Public
Safety) Good 'Ole Texas State Troopers Who Have Nothing Better to Do than Setup a Speed Trap. I wa having to go pick up the Liscense Tags for my Cousin's Truck... had to drive 22 Miles to get there, Got Clocked By Rader at: 87 MPH ... Gee, the Speed Limit on that Stretch of Road is 70 ... Here's the Real Bad Part: If I Were to Pay the Fine, it would Cost Me $245.00 ... Can We Say OUCH!! So, I Opted to take Defensive Driving Instead... I'll have to Pay $91.00 Court Cost + $10.00 Application Processing Fee to Our State Capital (Austin,Tx) + the Cost of the Defensive Driving Class. Should Come out to somewhere between $120-$140.00 ... Oh Well, Shed No Tears For Me... I wasn't paying Attention & Just had to See What that Vehicle Can Do...

Back On Topic: Where is this Year's GalactiCon Being Held at??

Can Someone Please Show Me How to Put Pictures into My Posts?

Jay
Old June 26th, 2005, 07:06 AM   #57
CaptainHawke
Warrior

Default Intergalactic Trading Company

OMG!!! I was in theire STORE when my wife & I were in Orlando!!!! It was a little hole in the wall non-descript store on the way to a water park... We spent 5 HOURS in that store looking around drooling.... Never remembered the actual name... It was always "that Sci-Fi Store".... Wonder if they still have that store...
CaptainHawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 08:21 PM   #58
ff_a_r8hrefefef

Ah I understand that now but what do you think about it and why would you sya so, even if i do agree in part with your reasons for coming with that reasoning, when it is at last the right way? sorry, about them again?
Old September 8th, 2005, 09:00 AM   #59
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Say Taranus is that quote from Bladerunner? It sounds familiar but Ive been having trouble placing it. thx

tabbi
Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2005, 06:56 PM   #60
Kronus
CDR Kronus' Grandson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha
Say Taranus is that quote from Bladerunner? It sounds familiar but Ive been having trouble placing it. thx

tabbi
Definiately from Blade Runner...It was said as an overlay by Rick Deckard, (played by Harrison Ford)
Galactica the Movie is coming soon!
Kronus is offline   Reply With Quote