Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old July 21st, 2003, 11:04 PM   #1
Bug-Eyed Earl
Shuttle Pilot

Default A little bit about me...

I just felt the urge to reveal some persona;l information, since a week or two ago Sandy mistook me for a clone on cylon.org and banned me (turns out I live by Adjudidimacator). He corrected his mistake and apologize (cause Sandy's a good guy). But all the same, now I feel like revealing some personal info, since clones never did that. Plus, on most boards I visit, I tend to fade into the background. I don;t want that to be the case here, especially since there are fewer members, and thus a much smaller crowd to get lsot in.

I'm studying to be an actor; that's what I want to do with my life. I also have always had the writing bug, and right now I'm working simultaneously on my first novel and some other short stories. Maybe if I get lucky I can get published and support myself off of that while I puruse my acting career.

One thing that this site has taught me; do research before signing up for a film that previously existed in another form; I would have been ill-prepared for the response had I ended up in the mini.

I only became a Galactica fan recently; what I love about the show is that the bad parts only make what DID work stand out so more. To put it another way: if I ever produce a prime-time cartoon in the vein of the Simpsons or Family Guy, I'll definitely give Dirk and Richard guest voice roles.

One more thing: I'm 23; am I one of the younger ones here?
Bug-Eyed Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2003, 08:54 AM   #2
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Earl, you are a mere child.

(At least, to some of us.)

Good luck to you. I am also a writer (with no acting aspirations whatsoever), and am trying now to get my first novel published. I'm also working on a bit of BSG fanfic I hope to post somewhere (I've got a bit to do on that yet).

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2003, 09:11 AM   #3
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Who Am I?

Nationality: Italian/German- 100% American.

ISP: AOL.

E-Mail-Only 1. I had so much trouble creating one address never mind 6 or 7.

Interests: Writing BG fan fiction. WWII movies, Mob movies, ect.

That is me in a "NUTSHELL."
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2003, 03:23 PM   #4
une
Shuttle Pilot

I emailed Sandy twice about my "clone" status, and my emails were never returned. Oh well...
HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.
Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.
HAL: It's called "Daisy."
[sings while slowing down]
HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.
une is offline   Reply With Quote