Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Other Science Fiction Shows > Stargate
Notices

Old October 1st, 2017, 06:56 PM   #1
BST
God Bless the USA

Stargate Stargate, Stargate, and more Stargate

I will admit to being a bit anal when it comes to watching long-running shows on tv. If I don't start watching a show from the premiere episode or catch up in a very quick timeframe then, I wait until it ends its run and then, start watching it. I may have bought the DVDs along the way or the boxed set after it finishes its run but, at any rate, I start after it finishes.

That's what happened with Babylon 5, Smallville and now, Stargate.

I'm happy to say that the mission has reached its completion.

I had previously purchased the boxed set of SG-1 and so, earlier this year, my wife and I started watching ... Season 1, Episode 1 and continued all the way through Season 10. Along the way, we picked up Continuum and Ark of Truth, along with the original pilot movie, with Kurt Russell and James Spader.

After finishing SG-1, we immediately started on Atlantis, and after finishing it, started on Universe.

It's been a helluva ride and I'm a little sorry that it's over. We really enjoyed all three shows.

I remember watching SGU when it first aired and felt like I was the only one who liked it. After watching both seasons, now, I'm really sad that it didn't continue. They did leave the door open for it to be continued and I wish that someone would pick up the ball and run with it instead of trying to do Remake # seven-hundred and fifty-six.

Just the ramblings of an old space case
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote