Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 6th, 2004, 09:44 AM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Exclamation My dog ate my homework!!!! v2

How many times have we said things like that? Things that help us propose an explanation for not doing something we know we ought. Yes, it is very easy to find good reasons to support ourselves and the things we do, or rather, don't do. I had to deal with these feelings myself when it came time to decide whether or not I could contribute to CFF -- a real, tangible, extremely worthwhile way of showing, not just in words, how very badly I want to see my show again.

Don't have the money right now -- I'm sure all of us felt this one right off the bat. Yes, I felt it too. But when I searched inside, the truth was, yes I do. I simply cannot afford NOT to. If you feel money is a hardship, take me for example. We are doing /so bad/, we are in danger of losing everything. But I LOVE this show. My dream is more important than fast food and movie rentals. Fifty or a hundred is nothing compared to the money I've wasted this year -- and if you think about it, I'll bet you did too. Skip my birthday!!! Forget the present!!! Seeing Richard and Dirk again would be a FAR better present than some stupid sweater. If I can afford to give a doctor $1,000 to have his assistant hook me up to a heart monitor and leave the room after 30 seconds, I can afford $100 for my beloved show.

My family won't let me -- ah, I got you on this one. You have NO IDEA how much my family hates my love of BSG! I face ridicule every day for coming here, and this is FREE! If they knew I wanted to give MONEY, they'd /abandon/ me in a heartbeat. But this is MY dream. They should UNDERSTAND that. Anyway, I simply gave and didn't tell them . If they ask, it's charity, and that is in fact what it is. Charity for me. This is not a good excuse -- you know you and I can do things without our family's permission. If you can't pursue a precious dream because your family is mean and you're afraid of them, you need to reestablish your relationship with them, and quickly.

I can't remain anonymous -- I thought this too. PayPal, check, etc -- kinda hard to cover your tracks. Actually though, it's easy. I just had a friend get the money order for me. You can do that too. Stop by the ATM today, take out a couple twenties, (or more!) and do it.

Maybe later, not now -- how many times I've said this, and how sorely I regret it. Time is relentless and unforgiving. If you postpone something for tomorrow, you will lose your chance forever. Believe me, I know.

Please forgive my rant here, I am trying so hard to show you that ALL of us /can/ contribute, generously, there really is no good excuse not to. $10,000 is /nothing/. If 100 fans give $100 each, WE'RE THERE!!! 17,000 people signed the BSG petition. You mean we can't find even /100/ to donate? Or even easier, if 200 fans donate $50, WE'RE THERE. I can't believe we can't get so few to give so little. I can't believe it's been weeks and we're not already there.

This is YOUR chance to show TPTB that they were WRONG. We are LEGION. Not just a handful of fanatics and losers.

Make the decision today. Show TPTB what we're truly made of. For the first time in 25 years, the power to change things is in your hands. As Sarek said to Kirk in Star Trek III:

Kirk: "What you ask -- is difficult"
Sarek: "You will find a way Kirk. If you honor them both, you must."

Affectionately,
Muffit

http://www.colonialfanforce.org
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2004, 12:55 PM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Tommy, I had this tucked away for you and Muffit. Good thoughts as usual, milady. *tips her bonnet Muffit's way*

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2004, 01:00 PM   #3
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

OH Thank you! I am so glad it isn't gone!!!!

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2004, 01:05 PM   #4
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

You're welcome.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 05:29 PM   #5
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
How many times have we said things like that? Things that help us propose an explanation for not doing something we know we ought. Yes, it is very easy to find good reasons to support ourselves and the things we do, or rather, don't do. I had to deal with these feelings myself when it came time to decide whether or not I could contribute to CFF -- a real, tangible, extremely worthwhile way of showing, not just in words, how very badly I want to see my show again.

Don't have the money right now -- I'm sure all of us felt this one right off the bat. Yes, I felt it too. But when I searched inside, the truth was, yes I do. I simply cannot afford NOT to. If you feel money is a hardship, take me for example. We are doing /so bad/, we are in danger of losing everything. But I LOVE this show. My dream is more important than fast food and movie rentals. Fifty or a hundred is nothing compared to the money I've wasted this year -- and if you think about it, I'll bet you did too. Skip my birthday!!! Forget the present!!! Seeing Richard and Dirk again would be a FAR better present than some stupid sweater. If I can afford to give a doctor $1,000 to have his assistant hook me up to a heart monitor and leave the room after 30 seconds, I can afford $100 for my beloved show.

My family won't let me -- ah, I got you on this one. You have NO IDEA how much my family hates my love of BSG! I face ridicule every day for coming here, and this is FREE! If they knew I wanted to give MONEY, they'd /abandon/ me in a heartbeat. But this is MY dream. They should UNDERSTAND that. Anyway, I simply gave and didn't tell them . If they ask, it's charity, and that is in fact what it is. Charity for me. This is not a good excuse -- you know you and I can do things without our family's permission. If you can't pursue a precious dream because your family is mean and you're afraid of them, you need to reestablish your relationship with them, and quickly.

I can't remain anonymous -- I thought this too. PayPal, check, etc -- kinda hard to cover your tracks. Actually though, it's easy. I just had a friend get the money order for me. You can do that too. Stop by the ATM today, take out a couple twenties, (or more!) and do it.

Maybe later, not now -- how many times I've said this, and how sorely I regret it. Time is relentless and unforgiving. If you postpone something for tomorrow, you will lose your chance forever. Believe me, I know.

Please forgive my rant here, I am trying so hard to show you that ALL of us /can/ contribute, generously, there really is no good excuse not to. $10,000 is /nothing/. If 100 fans give $100 each, WE'RE THERE!!! 17,000 people signed the BSG petition. You mean we can't find even /100/ to donate? Or even easier, if 200 fans donate $50, WE'RE THERE. I can't believe we can't get so few to give so little. I can't believe it's been weeks and we're not already there.

This is YOUR chance to show TPTB that they were WRONG. We are LEGION. Not just a handful of fanatics and losers.

Make the decision today. Show TPTB what we're truly made of. For the first time in 25 years, the power to change things is in your hands. As Sarek said to Kirk in Star Trek III:

Kirk: "What you ask -- is difficult"
Sarek: "You will find a way Kirk. If you honor them both, you must."

Affectionately,
Muffit

http://www.colonialfanforce.org
Well written Muffit! Thanks
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 09:18 PM   #6
amberstar
Strike Leader

Bless you Muffit! Your words truly come from the heart!!!!!

I'm a $50 doner........after reading this I know I can give more too!
amberstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 11:24 PM   #7
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Thomas, Jewels, Shiningstar and Amberstar!

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote