Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - In Progress
Notices

Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 2nd, 2006, 03:15 PM   #31
Larsen
Bad Email Address
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 9

Default

Hey guys

I'm planing on starting a WIP on SFM with my BSGR! I just can't tell you when, couse I don't have a clue I'd really like to just slam it all into one thread, the viper, landram, recon, bomber... well the whole thing and ofcourse BSG herself... I've noticed tho that people tend to ignor updates on the other stuff and just ask about progress on the BSG which is rather anoying when you've put alot of hard work into a design!

So at the moment I'm debating weather to start a single WIP with everything in it, or multible WIPs! I really don't wanna start it before I've done some more work on any of it tho...

So please bare with me... I've recently become a farther (well 5 month ago) which allso demands some attention!

Just to tie you guys over, here are some images I think you haven't seen, unless you've been to SFM:




This one is 4000x3000


Enjoy!
Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2006, 03:23 PM   #32
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!
 
Stevew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: chatsworth ca. us
Posts: 1,721


Default

Very nice start Larsen. Look forward to seeing it when complete adn welcome to CF
Steve
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2006, 03:50 PM   #33
dilbertman
Warrior Ace
 
dilbertman's Avatar
 


Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Roseville, MI
Posts: 848


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsen
Hey guys

I'm planing on starting a WIP on SFM with my BSGR! I just can't tell you when, couse I don't have a clue I'd really like to just slam it all into one thread, the viper, landram, recon, bomber... well the whole thing and ofcourse BSG herself... I've noticed tho that people tend to ignor updates on the other stuff and just ask about progress on the BSG which is rather anoying when you've put alot of hard work into a design!

So at the moment I'm debating weather to start a single WIP with everything in it, or multible WIPs! I really don't wanna start it before I've done some more work on any of it tho...

So please bare with me... I've recently become a farther (well 5 month ago) which allso demands some attention!

Just to tie you guys over, here are some images I think you haven't seen, unless you've been to SFM:




This one is 4000x3000


Enjoy!
Hey Larsen

Nice to see you over here. Looking forward to you restarting your Galactica project. Single WIP or multible WIPs? I would say single, so all your great work is in one place. My two cents. BTW, let us know when you restart this.

Jim

PS - GET BACK TO WORK!
__________________
There can be only "ONE"!
---------------------------------
Traditionalist - Some people "GET IT"!, Some don't! I "GET IT"! Do you?
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2006, 04:06 PM   #34
dilbertman
Warrior Ace
 
dilbertman's Avatar
 


Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Roseville, MI
Posts: 848


Default

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/3...r-project.html

Battlestar Project - "The 14th Colony"

For the cool images you will need to sign up.

Jim
__________________
There can be only "ONE"!
---------------------------------
Traditionalist - Some people "GET IT"!, Some don't! I "GET IT"! Do you?
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 09:00 AM   #35
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit
 
Sept17th's Avatar
 


Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: On Friday Nights on my lawn doing yard work
Posts: 983

Default

I'm going to register over there and take this conversation to an interesting place.

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/3...r-project.html
__________________
Battlestar Galactica: The 14th Colony-Web Site
http://www.battlestarfanfilm.org/
Check out my film makers blog
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 02:19 PM   #36
peter noble
Strike Leader
 
peter noble's Avatar
 
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Derby, England
Posts: 2,559

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sept17th
I'm going to register over there and take this conversation to an interesting place.

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/3...r-project.html

LOL!

Slap that yo-yo who went on about the colour correction!
__________________
"Battlestar Galactica will never happen again the way that it was." Laurette Spang
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 03:48 PM   #37
Titon
Retired or am I?
 
Titon's Avatar
 


Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,797

Default

Quote:
Slap that yo-yo who went on about the colour correction!
Said Yo-Yo currently works with the FX team on the new Galactica series.

Doesn't give him the right to be a complete a-hole though. In most cases you can see the concieted ones quite clearly when it comes to this FX stuff. One of the main reasons i never really went all out to be a part of this type of work. No one is ever satisfied and you will never please everyone.

Problem is the guy is very good at what he does but again life's to short and quite frankly if your going to give advice then make a concerted effort to give constructive advice. If you can't then don't give it at all.

__________________
www.colonialfleets.com
THE ART OF GALACTICA!
Titon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 03:58 PM   #38
Larsen
Bad Email Address
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 9

Default

^hmmmm sounds like AL3D... he just dosn't give a S*** how he says things, and he's to the point... personaly not my fav member... but he does know what he's talking about... BTW he has not been rehired to do the next season of BSG.
Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 04:00 PM   #39
peter noble
Strike Leader
 
peter noble's Avatar
 
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Derby, England
Posts: 2,559

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titon
if your going to give advice then make a concerted effort to give constructive advice. If you can't then don't give it at all.


Exactly. And I don't care if the guy's a pro or not, he's still an arse.

What the guys have done with not a lot of money but a hell of a lot of passion, should be applauded, not derided.

It looked alright to me, and I think in the end that's all that matters to them, that people with the same appreciation get a kick out of it.
__________________
"Battlestar Galactica will never happen again the way that it was." Laurette Spang
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 05:30 PM   #40
Titon
Retired or am I?
 
Titon's Avatar
 


Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,797

Default

Quote:
Exactly. And I don't care if the guy's a pro or not, he's still an arse.
Yup. BUT he's only one in a kettle that's so full of guys that rank themselves better than anyone else that it's hard to tell in the end who really isn't an arse.

__________________
www.colonialfleets.com
THE ART OF GALACTICA!
Titon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 01:51 AM   #41
Larsen
Bad Email Address
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 9

Default

:lol: Yeah, at times it does seam that way
Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #42
mikala
Warrior
 
mikala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 263

Default

Larsen excellent work!
As for aholioism....well it does not help when they surround themselves with fan boys that throw themselves in front of critical comments against the type of "critiques" they give to others.
No one has the right to be a complete butthead at the expense of another.. unless he/she is your boss. At least with a boss you're being paid.
Whew sorry ...lost it for a bit.

Again Larsen excellent, clean looking work you've done on your Reimagined old girl
mikala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 12:09 PM   #43
Titon
Retired or am I?
 
Titon's Avatar
 


Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,797

Default

Quote:
As for aholioism....well it does not help when they surround themselves with fan boys that throw themselves in front of critical comments against the type of "critiques" they give to others.
No one has the right to be a complete butthead at the expense of another.. unless he/she is your boss. At least with a boss you're being paid.
Amen brother!

Larsen, interesting design.

__________________
www.colonialfleets.com
THE ART OF GALACTICA!
Titon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2006, 01:13 PM   #44
Airwolfnight
Bad Email Address
 
Airwolfnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dueren
Posts: 10

Default

Nice design.^^

Airwolfnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 09:18 AM   #45
AJMarks
Squadron Leader
 
AJMarks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,423

Default

I wish he would finish it, It is an awesome redesign.
__________________
Check out my updated webpage, stories updated weekly
www.ajscifistories.com

You cannot go against nature, because when you do, that's part of nature too.
AJMarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #46
Orcdoc
Shuttle Pilot
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7

Default

Looks great, excellent work.
Orcdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:07 PM   #47
Qeutzal
Shuttle Pilot
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 49

Battlestar Galactica 1978

larsen

when will we see updates on your Galactica, landram and viper ?

cannot wait to see the updates but there is no hurry, I can wait

maybe ? sort of ? I think ?
Qeutzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 01:28 PM   #48
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller
 
martok2112's Avatar
 
FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New Orleans (Metairie), LA
Posts: 4,785


Default

Larsen,

The redesign thus far looks extremely cool. I was even thinking...


I am working on my own re-retelling of the original story of BSG which actually features the original Galactica as a brand new, state of the art battlestar which would join the aging fleet of the original 12 battlestars. If my own retelling ever became a movie, I was thinking that such a redesign might look pretty nice in it, using it instead of the original model.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
__________________
Don't be a fan. Don't be a victim!-Martok2112
martok2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 02:46 PM   #49
jjrakman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Default

Quote:
I'd really like to just slam it all into one thread, the viper, landram, recon, bomber..
Bomber? You're going to do a bomber?
  Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2006, 01:22 PM   #50
Larsen
Bad Email Address
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 9

Default

Thanx guys!

JJrak.. I did a few concepts for a bomber, but quickly abandoned them! If I where to do one it'd be a beefed up version of my REVISED Viper!

As for when I'm starting this up again, I really can't say... to be honost I havn't touched MAX in month!
Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2006, 01:44 PM   #51
jjrakman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsen
Thanx guys!

JJrak.. I did a few concepts for a bomber, but quickly abandoned them! If I where to do one it'd be a beefed up version of my REVISED Viper!

As for when I'm starting this up again, I really can't say... to be honost I havn't touched MAX in month!

Let's see those concepts.
  Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2006, 07:50 AM   #52
Larsen
Bad Email Address
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 9

Default

Hey sorry for the slow reply

Just wanted to tell you guys that I finally got my site up and running... It's not much but it does the job!

You can find some of the older renders of the BSGR and the other concepts there!

jjrakman: The bomber concepts are not yet uploaded... I'll see if I can get around to it by the end of the month!

http://www.larsenarts.dk
Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2006, 05:17 PM   #53
KJ
Bad Email Address
 
KJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,425

Cool

Although i'm not into the new show, i must say your resigns of the Galactica are "supercool" Larsen, and in a big way too. Nice combination of both shows being influenced!

I especially like the landing bays. Can't wait to see what you'll do with them when you add the finished textured skins to all the designs you've done and give them a nice polished hi-def look with plenty of details on the hulls and outer coverings. First saw some of your stuff on the "DeviantArt" website while looking up Galactica fan art etc. Nice to see the rest of your beautiful work on that link, you're to be commended!

Wonder if the landing bays will have a nice "force field" around it when you've finished the Galactica redesign, cos it looks like there's space for "work men" to work right at the tip of the bay itself, with a stairway, passages woven in and out there etc. On the very outer part of the bay? I also like those anti-defence batteries on the ship that you've put on your design, nice and huge, now those are what i call guns! The Viper and Landram (scarab) you've done are also a nice touch.

Wondered if you do two variations though. One with the classic series insignia and one featuring the new one for the remake sci-fi channel series?

Just a thought mind you.

Anyways neat stuff man! I love mind blowing art and i love the passion when you can tell its there. Congratulations.

KJ
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 02:45 PM   #54
Larsen
Bad Email Address
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kingjason
Although i'm not into the new show, i must say your resigns of the Galactica are "supercool" Larsen, and in a big way too. Nice combination of both shows being influenced!

I especially like the landing bays. Can't wait to see what you'll do with them when you add the finished textured skins to all the designs you've done and give them a nice polished hi-def look with plenty of details on the hulls and outer coverings. First saw some of your stuff on the "DeviantArt" website while looking up Galactica fan art etc. Nice to see the rest of your beautiful work on that link, you're to be commended!

Wonder if the landing bays will have a nice "force field" around it when you've finished the Galactica redesign, cos it looks like there's space for "work men" to work right at the tip of the bay itself, with a stairway, passages woven in and out there etc. On the very outer part of the bay? I also like those anti-defence batteries on the ship that you've put on your design, nice and huge, now those are what i call guns! The Viper and Landram (scarab) you've done are also a nice touch.

Wondered if you do two variations though. One with the classic series insignia and one featuring the new one for the remake sci-fi channel series?

Just a thought mind you.

Anyways neat stuff man! I love mind blowing art and i love the passion when you can tell its there. Congratulations.

KJ
Thank you very much mate

I'm a little worried that you've seen my art at DeviantArt... especially since I haven't joined or anything... I actually don't know the site!

Would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of the images you've seen there?

Thanx again!
Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 03:55 PM   #55
KJ
Bad Email Address
 
KJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,425

Default

Doesn't seem to be there now, but trust me dude i saw one of your pics there a while ago one of your early Galactica ones with the landing bay all exposed!

Search the site after you've down a title in the search engine is all page by page.

But the site is packed with great art for both Galactica shows though.

Take a look see?


http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...star+galactica

Love this guy's comment on the new show compare with the classic original BG!

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...star+galactica

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...star+galactica

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...star+galactica

http://search.deviantart.com/searchc...tica&offset=96

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...star+galactica

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...star+galactica

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...star+galactica

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...star+galactica

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...star+galactica

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...star+galactica

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...star+galactica



Not bad.

KJ
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2006, 03:13 PM   #57
dilbertman
Warrior Ace
 
dilbertman's Avatar
 


Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Roseville, MI
Posts: 848


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsen
Hey sorry for the slow reply

Just wanted to tell you guys that I finally got my site up and running... It's not much but it does the job!

You can find some of the older renders of the BSGR and the other concepts there!

jjrakman: The bomber concepts are not yet uploaded... I'll see if I can get around to it by the end of the month!

http://www.larsenarts.dk
Any idea when you will get back to working on this???

Jim
__________________
There can be only "ONE"!
---------------------------------
Traditionalist - Some people "GET IT"!, Some don't! I "GET IT"! Do you?
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 08:46 PM   #58
TeeJay
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Default

The detail in this is fantastic!!! Can't wait to see complete
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump




So sez our Muffit!!!

For fans of the Classic Battlestar Galactica series



COPYRIGHT
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 AM. Contact the Fleet - Colonial Fleets - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content and Graphics ©2000-Present Colonial Fleets
The Colonial Fleets Forums are run by Battlestar Galactica fans, paid for by Battlestar Galactica fans, for the enjoyment of fellow Battlestar Galactica fans.



©2000-2008 Colonial Fleets