Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Shattered Worlds
Notices
Shattered Worlds Project forum for new FAN-based endeavours.
Share what you're doing here!

Old June 24th, 2006, 02:32 AM   #1
JSC1
Warrior

Default Anime Galactica(or maybe I need sleep)

Quiet night at work. Had been reviewing several anime sites, most notably Robotech.

I will admit the Japanese instil a sense of magic and wonder in their anime, and I was wondering how this could apply to an anime version of Galactica.

I had bounced a few ideas in my head trying to determine how best to present Galactica to a Japanese audience. And possible a world wide anime audience as well. I had a few thoughts there.

I figure perhaps it might be best that it take place in a different universe, far from the Battlestar Galactica people know and love. Yet still try to keep the mysticism and wonder that made that universe special. The differences would be reflected in the title alone. Japanese audiences seem to have a simplicity in their titles: Super Dimensional Fortress Macross, Star Blazers, Mospeada.

I figure a good title for an anime Galactica could be 'Exodus Ark:Galactica'

The story I tentively have in mind is that colony ships leave the dying world of Kobol. Twelve fleets settle on new worlds while the thirteenth sets out to find what is 'the motherland of humans'. The first twelve decide they are best not to chase a myth and begin a new life on new worlds.

The Cylons come and they attack the Hasari. The Colonials race to defend the Hasari as the Cylons are viewed as soulless and honorless, bringing the thousand yahren war about.

After a thousand yahrens the Leader Imperioux (Imperious Leader) offers a peace agreement citing that the war has brought about a drain on resources. To the point that further conflict would bring about the decimation of the Cylon race. Peace is the only viable option for survival. A council member with the title of 'Baltar' confirms this and peace preperations are underway.

It should be noted that some names here would be served as titles honoring the first that started the offices and respective commands. WIth the first president named 'Adar' successors would take that name when appointed to that office. Similar titles are 'Baltar' reflecting the first leader of Pices even though his name is different, and 'Adama' reflecting the first commander of the Galactica.

Adama is still the noble leader, and it is he who rallies the colonies after the cowardly betrayal of Baltar and the Cylons leading to the colonies destruction.

There would be a Starbuck, and he'd be male. The lead would be Athena, not Apollo, who would have a love hate relationship with Starbuck similar to that of Rick Hunter/Lisa Hayes from Robotech. I also thought of maybe Baltar having a daughter who would have eyes on Starbuck earlier on.

Baltar's daughter would not have it easy in this. After her father's betrayal she is left behind with the holocaust survivors and bears the dishonor and disgrace of her father. Even though she would be a survivor, she'd be a pariah.

Athena could be a hotshot pilot and not the bridge com officer in an anime version. Apollo could be a hotshot pilot, but is lost on patrol when Zac's ship is destroyed. Apollo could be a captive of Baltar's using him for the Cylon's ends.

Having rallied the survivors under his leadership Adama sets out to find the lost routh of the thirteenth tribe hoping to find them and the planet they set out for. In hopes of retaking their homeland. The Cylons in pursuit with the dishonorable Baltar in pursuit.

This was just an idea I thought up. Doesn't have all the bugs out of it.

So what do you think?
One day, I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.-William Hartnell, Doctor Who-The Dalek Invasion of Earth
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 09:49 AM   #2
spcglider
Squadron Leader

I actually wrote an article about Anime Galactica (titled Battlestar Hiroshima) and did a bunch of drawings based off of Macross characters. It was for a fanzine waaaay back. Transforming Battlestar and viper craft, Muffit turned into a scooter for Boxey, and everyone was fit to an anime stereotype.

-Gordon
Old June 26th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #3
KJ
Strike Leader

Love the ideas JSC1

As a big Robotech fan in a small minor way i could see BG aping Robotech in several ways with the similarities etc. Athough i doubt the cylons would want "Protoculture" from the colonials The whole 'love and war' and multiple dilemmas during such an epic, could very well parallel and would easily translate from Robotech's story over to BG's.

With a strong Japanese influences running through the core story of Battlestar Galactica, Japanimation designs for the ships and vessels of the series etc its really not to hard imagining BG going the route of Robotech/Super Dimensional Fortress Macross or any other anime like Starblazers, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Mospeada, Odin, Lensman, Venus Wars, Gundam or Outlaw Star for example and having a major Japanese style makeover!

Surely the Cylons would benefit from a 'mecha style' overhaul! Being they are machines and all.

Flesh out some more ideas man, and get back to us. Cos oy know i won't mind reading up on more of what you have to say.

KJ