Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Shattered Worlds
Notices
Shattered Worlds Project forum for new FAN-based endeavours.
Share what you're doing here!

Old December 16th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #1
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

Default BSG: The Colonials Desperation

I been trying to make a animated BSG series for awhile but i am more of a writer than a drawer so everything is pretty much sub standard except for perhaps the Viper targeting scanner but i thought i share with everyone what i have been trying to do after i been looking at everyone else's efforts for the last couple of years.

Started it in early 2006, went well and then my friend and I went to make other personal projects and only bits been added to it since although we did make a short trailer that was shown to friends in 2007 think it even made an online appearance somewhere.

Hopefully i can will myself to finish the rest and i'll upload it somewhere for people to see it but here is some pictures of the project, pretty basic but hopefully they are liked

PS - Excuse the big pictures, they don't seem to turn out like everyone else's around here hopefully somebody can fix that for me

Last edited by Aussie Warrior; December 16th, 2008 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: trying to thumbnail the pictures like the others
Aussie Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 03:46 AM   #2
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

Default Re: BSG: The Colonials Desperation

I have some news, progress is slow since i am not a drawer and i am not a voice artist but i still limp along to completion of something but i managed to upload to my site a sort of trailer of my fan production animation although note it is from 2007.

the link is http://www.bratpackunderground.com/MovieSection2.html

Unfortunately there is no on/off switch so after it is done just close the browser, hopefully you get to see the video without problems i am still working on methods to bring it to you all.
Old July 5th, 2011, 04:31 AM   #3
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

For those still interested I am still trying to get my short film in pictures finished slowly going through BSG episodes to get screencaps of various sections so there be more story meanwhile I put up a small video of a montage of pictures from all the files i've got and now I am working on improving things and getting this video done once and for all, the link is below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JebCp5UbROM
Old July 9th, 2011, 01:44 PM   #4
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

I think that would've been interesting to see.
Old July 11th, 2011, 06:58 AM   #5
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

I'm going to try and keep myself going on it, sometimes nothing comes to me for ages and then suddenly one day put heaps of bits together only to come to a stop again.
Old July 16th, 2011, 01:10 AM   #6
auditor
Shuttle Pilot

People suck.

I like what your doing there. People just like to be mean. More people should appreciate different kinds of art. Enjoy good stories in whatever medium they are presented.
auditor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2011, 06:56 AM   #7
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Warrior

PS - Excuse the big pictures, they don't seem to turn out like everyone else's around here hopefully somebody can fix that for me
As an alternative to providing a link to the pics, you could upload the pictures to this thread via the "Manage Attachments" feature, the button for which you'll see below the Reply box (when you're posting a reply).

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #8
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

I'm working on making my drawn Galactica less like something that looks like a little vacuum cleaner to something more like the ship but not being an artist is a problem, to me the front on TV looks curved and that makes placing the bridge difficult, must try solving it.
Old October 15th, 2011, 02:27 AM   #9
Andromeda

that's heaps cool, :-D love it. - quote post 6 ...
Old October 17th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #10
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

I realized the landing bay struts were too low so raised them now they look like big legs but now in the proper spots, as for the front of the ship well I found something to trace so it looks more respectable now so it's slowly coming together, though as i stated earlier I wish I could draw better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Galactica Updates.jpg (47.3 KB, 3 views)