Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 8th, 2021, 12:24 PM   #1
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default If there had been flashback episodes...

If the series had continued, and there had been flashback episodes, who would have played the following characters? Remember that they would have had to have been actors who were the correct age and were in show business in 1978 and 1979.
Who would have played Ila, Adama's wife?
Who would have played Serina's husband, and what would his name be (Troy?)
Who would have played Starbuck's mother (Ginger Rogers?), and what would her name be?
Who would have played Sheba's mother (June Lockhart?), and what would her name be? (I came up with Drusilla.)
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2021, 09:25 PM   #2
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Re: If there had been flashback episodes...

It has generally been established in FanFic that Sheba's mother's name was Bethany. As to Ginger Rogers playing SB's mom, I had the same idea.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2021, 09:33 PM   #3
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

June Lockhart as Sheba's mother is a definite not just because it seems obvious, but the "Living Legend" novelization even gave us the detail of Sheba resembling her mother and that was why Cain couldn't open up to her, so it has a "semi-canon" quality of rightness.

As for her name, I came up with "Bethany" in the late 90s when doing my fanfic and I admit at the time I ended up influencing several other authors on that point. However used I am to that name for the character though, I freely admit it's not canon.

As for Ila, in my current fanfic stories (where the character is revealed to be alive and now on board the Pegasus) I am envisioning Lee Remick in the part.

"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2021, 09:36 PM   #4
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

I always envisioned Serina as someone who'd been a single mother because Boxey's father was a boyfriend who ran out on her when she told him she was pregnant and she wanted to keep the child.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Old March 9th, 2021, 09:49 AM   #5
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Good call on the casting of Lee Remick. Just the right touch of elegance...

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2021, 01:27 PM   #6
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Thanks! Yes, she had a great combination of elegance and independence that I think fits the idea of Ila as someone who would have been Adama's equal intellectually and had her own career even while raising three children. Also, I think there is just enough of a facial resemblance to Maren Jensen to add to the plausibility.

She sadly died much too young from cancer.

Old March 10th, 2021, 09:34 AM   #7
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

I was just looking up her bio and she passed away on July 2, 1991 at the age of 55.

This got me to thinking about the summer of 1991 and my thoughts turned to actor Michael Landon. When I looked him up, I found out that he passed away on July 1, 1991 at age 54!!

Wow

Old March 10th, 2021, 11:16 AM   #8
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

In a similarly sad vein, Ina Balin (Siress Tinia) died almost one year earlier to the day (June 20, 1990) from lung disease at age 53.

Old March 17th, 2021, 05:08 AM   #9
JLHurley
Warrior

Wow, they all passed at such a young age. Not that I thought it was young at the time...when my mother passed at around that age, people commented that she was so young but in the back of my head I thought it wasn't such a young age. Now that I'm there myself...damn, that's young!
Old March 17th, 2021, 09:03 AM   #10
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

I hear you! I will turn 53 this year!!! Scary, eh?

Old March 17th, 2021, 12:49 PM   #11
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Bobby Van (Hector) was also just 51 when he died of brain cancer a year and a half after his Galactica appearance.

I turn 52 in just five days and yes, my perception of that age is certainly different than what it was then!