Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Colonial Library
Notices
Colonial Library Grab a glass of ambrosa and wrap yourself around stories, written by residents of our little corner of the universe!

Old March 10th, 2004, 07:32 PM   #1
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Default Intro to Colonial History 101: Discussion Thread

This is where we get to discuss antelope's fanfic effort, Introduction to Colonial History 101.

The best part is, I get to go first.

Wonderful job, very well done, antelope. This is a unique method of packing a lot of information into a small space, hinting at a larger picture. Makes a very interesting read.

I approve. All three thumbs up!

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2004, 12:24 PM   #2
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Antelope! Sorry I'm so late getting to your story, but I promise to read it this week! Can't wait!!!

Affectionately,
Muffit
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2004, 12:05 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Antelope! Well, I promised to read your work and I did - I love the approach! It has tons of possibilites. It would be cool to include some art too - pencil drawings would look cool, and perhaps a few pics of "archaeological sites".

As you know, I'm not much into the humans made cylons idea, but I can certainly appreciate alternative timelines for BSG.

You should continue with this! Lots of fans like it when someone fills in details of shows they love, and that opens up lots of avenues for you as a writer to get creative.

Cheers!
Muffit
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2004, 01:26 PM   #4
launchcruiser7
On Vacation...

what happened to the colonys after the cyclons came
launchcruiser7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 12:11 PM   #5
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by launchcruiser7
what happened to the colonys after the cyclons came
The unknown history may be similar to what is speculated in the Desanto Continuation.

Prior to completely exterminating the humans on the colonies the cylons decide to enslave or ignore the remainder instead. Even if the cylons wanted to exterminate the humans it would probably take a hundred years and a lot of work to accomplish it if they went about it systematically. At some point the cylons might have decided to consider them like wild life. They may have ignored humans unless they came close to cylon sites. Humans might have been just another animal living in the forest outside of cylon civilization (kind of like our gorillas or chimpanzees).

With advanced human civilization destroyed and the original (TOS) imperious leader killed at Carillon who knows what the real goals of the new imperious leader were. The humans on the colonies may have been a minor issue to the cylons at that point. Even the Galactica the sole military threat of the humans was never hunted by more than three basestars at any given time.

Remember that Battlestar Galactica is told from the point of view of humans. The cylons had conflicts with other civilizations. This is the reason Adama explained for why the 1,000 yahrn war started in the first place. The colonials were hemmed in and appear to have lost contact with civilization beyond the 12 colonies. It is very reasonable to believe that the cylons faced other threats and may have diverted resources to fight other civilizations.

The story I wrote could lead to speculation that the cylons destroyed themselves in a civil war. It may also be possible that an alien civilization at war with the cylons may have destroyed the cylons on the 12 colonies with the humans merely bystanders to the conflict with no clue what is really going on.

Somehow the cylons were destroyed and humanity had to start over. In real Earth history we have a DNA "bottleneck" approximately 70,000 years ago where a significant human population shrank down to maybe 5,000 or less world wide. We don't even have a legend to explain it but our scientist are hard at work at speculation also.
Old March 24th, 2004, 12:24 PM   #6
Antelope

Thanks to everyone who read my short story!

Down the road if time permits I would like to write a short story told from the point of view of a Caprican-cylon basestar commander. It would be about how he goes from fighting for Caprica during the Reunion War, facing the prospects of peace, logically and mentally dealing with the issue of "decommissioning" and then making the decision to fight for cylon existence against all humans.