Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old September 4th, 2004, 08:14 PM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Thumbs up Robotech: The Video Game

I just borrowed my friend's copy of ROBOTECH: THE VIDEOGAME.

I have to say I BLOODY LIKE IT!!!

It is by far a better adaption of a show to a game than the Battlestar Galactica game. And its alot more fun! I'm only on the first mission, but i am having soooo much fun!!!!!

The models look PERFECT. They ARE the veritechs and enemy mecha you saw in the cartoon. Another great bonus is that they got the actual voices of the robotech actors again! So Roy and Lisa are back. And I have yet to get very far, but Max is also a sure bet. Your character is voiced by the same guy who did Max, but his voice is slightly different.

You start out following the story. Its episode Boobytrap. You play Jack. A Mercenary pilot that made alot of money when earth was in civil wars. But down on your luck since the new peace, you are recruited by Roy Folker himself to join up in Skull Squadron! Just as the Zentradie arrive!!!

When you start the game you can go through the basic training with none other than Roy Folker as your instructor. After you learn how to use the various smodes, you go to the first mission.

Even though its the first mission, you get the choice of two veritechs. You can fly the orange one Rick flew. Or the basic model with the one laser on the head. Then you can choose the paint scheme: Trainer orange, basic beige, or the red and white model that was used in the movie.

OOOH! And there are CODES!!!!!

woohooo! I just got the code for extra paint schemes. YOu can have the vermillion 1, skull1, max, miriya, stealth and a whole bunch more!!!!

This is a really cool game!!!

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2004, 09:16 PM   #2
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Tom -

I never knew about this game....! Is it PS2, XBox, or a PC game? The character that you referred to - Jack... I was doing some online reading at Robotech.com and there was a pilot profile for a guy named Jack that came up in the recent Robotech comic book series. His name wouldn't be Jack Archer would it? Take a look a this:

Jack Archer bio

The game sounds like a lot of fun - If they have it for PS2, I'll have to run out and pick it up - or at least rent it to try it out!

Thanks for the info!
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2004, 10:52 PM   #3
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Yup! That's him!

Right now my own;y real qualms is that the veritechs turn a little slower than I would like. But then it kinda makes sense cause I'm in a beginner model.

Okay... I played a little bit longer. Unfortunately I don't stay with Fokker, Lisa and the SDF1. They get transported in that spacefold. When they come back I help defend them over Toronto when they first used that Omni Directional Barrier. But mostly I['m now with Wolf Unit based at Alaska. Lisa eventually joins up and is my commander. But that lasts till the war is over. Right now I['m under the command of a new woman and have new comrades.

Right now in mission2 I'm just fighting off Zentradi who are being punks.

Old September 5th, 2004, 02:49 AM   #4
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Quote:
Is it PS2, XBox, or a PC game
PSX2 and Xbox.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...183510-8358324

Old September 8th, 2004, 07:14 PM   #5
cranky1c
Warrior

Damn consoles...... Had to wait an #$%& year for Halo......
cranky1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 07:34 PM   #6
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Tom -

I went to Blockbuster to try and rent Robotech: Battlecry.... Did they have it? NoooOOOooo! I looked at eBay - there's quite a bit of inexpensive choices there. I really wanted to try it out before I spent the money. I still haven't finished playing BSG yet and I've had that almost a year! RL gets in the way sometimes!

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2004, 01:45 PM   #7
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I'm sure you will like this. As a game, this alot easier. And you have cheat codes! yea!!!! Plust the basic game is alot easier. The flying is easier to tag those darn enemies in a dogfight. And you even have a turbo button!

Old September 12th, 2004, 02:31 AM   #8
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

YEA!!!!! I just earned a VF-1J!!!!!!! I know have three veritechs!!!!

You start out with the two seat trainer or the one with a single laser on its head. The two seater is sluggish but armored heavily. All the veritechs above it trade armor for weapons and manueverability. So you really have to be good to survive in Roy Fokkers plane. YOu can deal alot of damage, but from what I hear its a deathtrap if you are clumbsy. Which kinda fits.

Old September 12th, 2004, 04:29 AM   #9
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Oh my!!! I just rescued MINMEI!!!! I found Rick Hunter caught in a pickle surrounded by a ton of Zentradi fightercraft. So I rescued him. Even flew wing for awhile and covered his butt a few times. It was neat seeing someone gun after the Skull One but I intercepted them. Then we shifted into Guardian mode with me in the orange trainer. He saved Minmei from some battlepods and had me do the old Give Minmei a ride in my hand trick!!!

This is tooo coool!!!!! Tommy is having fun!
[MOVER]robotech[/MOVER]