Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old August 28th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #31
Sarika
Strike Leader

Default Re: Could use a friend right about now...

I couldn't be happier to know my best friend had such good fortune to finally buy a new set of wheels! Indeed, heaven was on your side like I knew it was!

Congratulations once again hon!

This calls for some victuals and some celebration!
~~~~~~~~

The Last Piscon Siress

HSH Princess Sarika Her Highness' MySpace
Sarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #32
Kronus
CDR Kronus' Grandson

Your truck is almost the same color as mine...Qapla'!
Galactica the Movie is coming soon!
Kronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #33
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Thanks Sarika. Indeed I am ready for some victuals at this point. It was by no means easy, but everything finally got worked out.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2008, 06:42 PM   #34
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingongeneral View Post
Your truck is almost the same color as mine...Qapla'!
Kind of a "Blood Wine" color eh? We'll have to get together some day. Qapla! my friend.

Steve

"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
Old August 29th, 2008, 07:19 PM   #35
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

YAY! I am so happy for you! I look forward to sitting in this one someday too!

I owe you a call. I know, I suck.

YAY new truck!

www.myspace.com/kamikazeathena
www.bewitchingelegance.com
KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 03:43 PM   #36
Lara
Squadron Leader

Good looking ute, mate!

So in the end the fates were in your favour. Pity they give you such a rough ride on the way to something good!

Cheers,
Lara
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:27 PM   #37
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara
Good looking ute, mate!

So in the end the fates were in your favour. Pity they give you such a rough ride on the way to something good!

Cheers,
Lara
Thanks Lara, appreciate the compliment. If the fates give me another rough ride, at least I have the truck to go through it with.
Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeAthena
YAY! I am so happy for you! I look forward to sitting in this one someday too!

I owe you a call. I know, I suck.

YAY new truck!
Thanks for the happiness...and YES Ms. KA! You DO owe me a call. I do understand though. You're probably busier than a one-armed paper hanger. Call when you can hon. I do hope all is well.

Steve

Old September 4th, 2008, 11:56 PM   #38
Sarika
Strike Leader

Y'know, I'm not one to pick at a daggit's bone, but, somebody owes me a call too, but I'm not mentioning any names... if they're thiniking of it , maybe one day, they might remember I called them earlier in the yahren, and they said they might return the favour one day...but that's okay...I know you have Athena, Cassiopeia, Miri, Aurora, and many more to contend delicately with.... ()

The Last Piscon Siress

Old September 5th, 2008, 06:29 AM   #39
Kronus
CDR Kronus' Grandson

Oh my Kahless Sarika...just come out and say it...

*turning to CBSG4ever*

CALL SARIKA!
Old October 12th, 2008, 10:30 PM   #40
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Hello All,
Update: I just received a letter from the San Diego Police Department. It was sent from Loreto, Baja California, Mexico (by way of the Texas Department of Public Safety,El Paso...???) to the SDPD. It states that on 10/08/08 my old Nissan truck was located in Loreto, BC, Mexico and the vehicle is in custody (I'm guessing the Police Impound/Holding). I'll be letting my Insurance Company know that Law Enforcement has found the truck (as I am no longer the title holder) and has notified me (last known owner) of its whereabouts.
Well, one mystery solved...kinda surprised they found it actually. I'm just wondering what condition it's in.

Steve

Old October 13th, 2008, 01:51 AM   #41
gmd3d
Major

well that's some good news

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 08:46 AM   #42
Aphrodite
Socialator

If I were you, I don't think I'd want to know what kind of condition my stolen vehicle is in. My mom had her 'boat' stolen when she was living in Lakewood, CA, but was recovered the same day as the a-hole was driving it down to TJ on the 405.

Aphrodite's Facebook Page
Battlestar Galactica Club
GalacticaBBS Global Moderator
Battlestar FanclubWebsite Moderator

Aphrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 06:41 PM   #43
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBSG4ever View Post
Hello All,
Update: I just received a letter from the San Diego Police Department. It was sent from Loretto, Baja California, Mexico (by way of the Texas Department of Public Safety,El Paso...???) to the SDPD. It states that on 10/08/08 my old Nissan truck was located in Loretto, BC, Mexico and the vehicle is in custody (I'm guessing the Police Impound/Holding). I'll be letting my Insurance Company know that Law Enforcement has found the truck (as I am no longer the title holder) and has notified me (last known owner) of its whereabouts.
Well, one mystery solved...kinda surprised they found it actually. I'm just wondering what condition it's in.
Well, I'll be damned.

About the condition, I can understand the curiosity. Sometimes, though, ignorance is bliss.

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #44
Sarika
Strike Leader

That's true. Perhaps it's better not to know. But I understand your wanting to now all the same. Did you have any valuables still left in the truck when it was stolen, Steve?

The Last Piscon Siress

Old October 13th, 2008, 09:44 PM   #45
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Not really valuable exactly Sarika. Just had a bunch of audio cassettes (truck had a cassette player... ), some were hard to replace. One in particular, the Original Pilot Episode Soundtrack to one of my favorite shows (maybe you guys have heard of it...) Battlestar Galactica? (Ouch!) I had about 40 cassettes of various artists in it. A collapsible shovel, flashlight, jumper cables, etc. Wouldn't mind seeing if some of it is recoverable. I know, wishful thinking.

Actually BST and Aphrodite, this may sound strange and a bit selfish but, in a way I do hope it IS a total loss. I bought and paid for my truck brand new (one owner...me) and took care of it with a great deal of effort. I think I'd kinda like it to stay that way.
I think it would really tear me up to see someone else driving around in my old truck. That would be just too weird for me to see and hard to deal with. In my mind I would still think it's my truck that someone else has. Does that make any sense? So, I kinda hope it's not salvageable. I'm OK with this, honest.

Steve

Old October 13th, 2008, 10:02 PM   #46
Aphrodite
Socialator

It completely makes sense.

Aphrodite's Facebook Page
Battlestar Galactica Club
GalacticaBBS Global Moderator
Battlestar FanclubWebsite Moderator

Aphrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 09:05 AM   #47
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBSG4ever View Post
Not really valuable exactly Sarika. Just had a bunch of audio cassettes (truck had a cassette player... ), some were hard to replace. One in particular, the Original Pilot Episode Soundtrack to one of my favorite shows (maybe you guys have heard of it...) Battlestar Galactica? (Ouch!) I had about 40 cassettes of various artists in it. A collapsible shovel, flashlight, jumper cables, etc. Wouldn't mind seeing if some of it is recoverable. I know, wishful thinking.

Actually BST and Aphrodite, this may sound strange and a bit selfish but, in a way I do hope it IS a total loss. I bought and paid for my truck brand new (one owner...me) and took care of it with a great deal of effort. I think I'd kinda like it to stay that way.
I think it would really tear me up to see someone else driving around in my old truck. That would be just too weird for me to see and hard to deal with. In my mind I would still think it's my truck that someone else has. Does that make any sense? So, I kinda hope it's not salvageable. I'm OK with this, honest.
That makes sense to me.
I still pray and hope you get it back and all your belongings that were in it.
Wish I could give you a big hug in person.
(((HUGS)))

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #48
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Thanks for the hugs Athene. I'll never get the old truck back though. The Title belongs to my Insurance Company. Had to relinquish ownership of the old truck to get the reimbursement check for the new truck. Still not sure yet as to the condition the authorities found my old truck in. I plan to give the Ins. Co. a call later in the week.
Ins. Co. said that if anything were in the truck that was of a personal nature, they would definitely seek to return the items to me. Not very promising, but it's still something to hope for. Best to all.

Steve

Old October 14th, 2008, 10:29 PM   #49
Sarika
Strike Leader

I hope you might recover your old tapes, sweetie. Ouch that does hurt,especially the Original Sountrack of a particular show I think I might know...(), wishing you lots of luck hon! And ....(pushes Athene out of the way....)...my hugs to you as well.

The Last Piscon Siress

Old October 15th, 2008, 08:13 AM   #50
Kronus
CDR Kronus' Grandson

I am glad at least they found it and hopefully you'll get some of your belongings back.

So are you doing anything tonight? If not give me a call and we'll get together and meet up.

D'Ghor (John)
Old October 25th, 2008, 03:08 PM   #51
Cylon Number 13
Renegade Humanocylon

Glad to hear they found your old truck. Hopefully you will get back your belongings. Especially the BSG Soundtrack. I know what it's like to lose a soundtrack. I had the soundtrack to Top Gun when I was in the Navy. After returning home from overseas I was in an accident and was in the hospital for several months. When they packed up the things from my locker, that tape was not among my belongings. Hopefully you will get yours back.

Y/F/A,
Ares (Ken)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what's the charge this time? - Lee Adama

Striking a superior @$$hole. - Kara Thrace

Ah. I bet you've been waiting all day to say that one. - Lee Adama

Most of the afternoon, yeah. - Kara Thrace

Right. - Lee Adama

Cylon Number 13 is offline   Reply With Quote