Old September 15th, 2006, 03:18 PM   #1
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default SAga of a Starworld SE/Re-edit

Uploaded some preview shots from the re-edit/special edition I'm doing with Saga of a Starworld. For those interested you can see them here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgRWZSmWZ9M

Still moving along rather well, but not sure when it will be done since I have a couple freelance projects coming up. But don't worry, it will get done. And in the end put on DVD with possible extras. May be a bit bigger upload, but hopefully worth it.

I know this is not exactly "Artwork Finished", but this is where all the other things have been posted.

I'll also put any updates under this thread.

Hope you like,

Dave
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #2
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

David..........I just watched this video and my jaw dropped. Your work is fantastic on this....really stunning.

I can only encourage you to keep working on this. I will repeat my hope you will make a 'new footage only edit' for my site as I am not comfortable uploading all of Saga. This video really is fantastic...I'm off to watch it again !!!!
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 04:26 PM   #3
jjrakman

Wow. That was really bitch'n. the only thing missing was the pyramidal skyscrapers that lended themselves to the overall Egyptian motiff. Maybe you could fit in the Luxor in Vegas or or the Myrtle Beach Hard Rock Cafe or some other modern pyramids.
Old September 15th, 2006, 04:55 PM   #4
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
Revivalist

The Pyramids might be good. I stayed away from them since they are in the backdrop of the original Caprica sections and didn't want to overkill the pyramid idea, but maybe it does need one more or so in there somewhere.

I have to say the shots following the beam down through the atmosphere were not created by me, they are borrowed from another film. Won't say which one, just to see if someone else out there can recognize it.

Also chose some scifi art paintings of the era as backdrops, as I wanted to keep the feel of the time the series was made. Could go all CGI, but I want to keep it a little "old school." If that makes sense.

Glad you guys like it so far. Definately continuing to work on it.
Old September 15th, 2006, 05:04 PM   #5
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

Absolutely jaw dropping stuff.................really shows the destruction of the fleet and colonies
Old September 15th, 2006, 05:38 PM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

Mr Kerin sir, you da man!

Or be that The Don!

But playing as a flash player file it seemed to have lost some quality. Will it be higher def on the DVD's for downloading and file burning etc?

Couple of questions and querries along with my fellow posters on here.

First. What was the first Battlestar destroyed in that clip? You didn't name her. Also i held up a large mirror of mine to some of the scene lifted from 'Hand Of God' that you've put in there to my monitor screen. To make the shots more different could you flip some of the Battlestar/Basestars in one complete shot over? So as to make them look more different etc. These might clash later with Hand Of God and Living Legend if they're overused again and again flip'em so they look odd but kinda wow factor feel almost as if to say it looks familiar but its new in a way too.

Darken some of the bridge shots as the insignia of the uniforms might stand out too much. Utterly love your use of the flipped shots here very much, but you could use some colour corrections and manipulate the lighting and a changing of hue colours of certain areas of the frame to your own particular tastes to change it all up a bit more though. Otherwise its just fine as is.

Second off, love everything else the crash landing of Starbuck's Viper with an additional extra scene of the Viper tumbling was practically jawdropping! Although, i understand you're squeazing all kinds of things in this new fan edit, please don't chop up the original filmed scenes in a haphazard way. Is there a way you can add most of your additions before and after scenes in the original pilot episode so your stuff can add beautiful additions without cutting up the original flow of the pilot.

Just a thought mind you, take it as you want David.

I still wanted to see the Battlestars pull off some tactical manuvers before buying it though. Makes us all wonder what you've planned for the Triton, Acropolis and Pacifica at the Battle Of Cimtar. And is the Solaria still going up last i wonder?

The CGI used looks so Babylon 5-ish but in a great way, so it does indeed convey how you gone to the trouble of using effects without making it all too flashy. Dykstra's original still dominates, but all you've done is expand upon his work, excellent!

Also Jjrakman as usual has some nice ideas. But remember not all Pyramids were Egyptian in style and design, don't forget the Mayan Pyramids or Aztec style temples that could be thrown in there! Or several other ancient European touches from our history. It would be more exotic to see some East Asian cultural references in some minor few second shots and all, of the 12 colonies and shows others like for example; African and say perhaps Medieval 'anglo saxon' stlyed structures of the other colonies worlds but all with a major futuristic twist! I also loved how you've shown that on different planet's, the sky was either day or dusk and not did not have a night time sky setting everywhere when the Cylons struck with such terror. Can you make'em even more alien though? Surely not all of the 12 planets of mankind were blatantly Earth like, you could perhaps make the skies red or purple in other planet, make others even transparent somewhat with a murky colouring to show how odd and different each of their planets were from one another.

Like that lunar shot of the Vipers avoiding laser fire

All i can say is, Sept17th, hire this man for your 14th Colony movie pronto now!

Hell i might hire you when that Richard Donner cut of Superman 2 is out. General Zod needs to takeover the world, and if its not finally put back into Donner's cut and we're still stuck with the Lester 'small town' takeover (bah). Well then i want David Kerin to make us all knee before Zod in an extended edition of S2!

Seriously though, respect goes out to you Kerin. You're a busy man but i hope real soon you'll spill the beans on your thoughts for the other Galactica episodes that you haven't done yet. But are planning to however.

KJ
Old September 15th, 2006, 05:45 PM   #7
jjrakman

Quote:
The Pyramids might be good. I stayed away from them since they are in the backdrop of the original Caprica sections and didn't want to overkill the pyramid idea, but maybe it does need one more or so in there somewhere.
If you feel that pyramidal skyscrapers are too Caprican to be everywhere, then maybe you could create modern skyscrapers that emody the same architectural hints as other ancient structures, such as Roman/Greek temples, ziggurats, the temples of Angkor, Aztec pyramids, even have syskracpers that look eerily similar to the monuments at Stonehenge. Heck, even Easter Island could be some kind of influence.

You could choose one ancient culture's architecture for each Colony to seperate them.
Old September 15th, 2006, 06:00 PM   #8
KJ
Strike Leader

Exactly, what Jjrak said.

So don't forget the Mayan pyramids either! *wink*

KJ
Old September 15th, 2006, 09:08 PM   #9
SilentBob
Warrior

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the finished version.
SilentBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 11:16 PM   #10
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kerin
Uploaded some preview shots from the re-edit/special edition I'm doing with Saga of a Starworld. For those interested you can see them here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgRWZSmWZ9M

Still moving along rather well, but not sure when it will be done since I have a couple freelance projects coming up. But don't worry, it will get done. And in the end put on DVD with possible extras. May be a bit bigger upload, but hopefully worth it.

I know this is not exactly "Artwork Finished", but this is where all the other things have been posted.

I'll also put any updates under this thread.

Hope you like,

Dave
O' MY GOD! WHERE DO I SIGN UP TO GET THESE?

Jim
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 11:18 PM   #11
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

to get the other fan edits you must have BitTorrent or the other versions of it and then go to www.torrentbox.com and look for "Battlestar Galactica" make sure it is either "Living Legend", "Hand of God", "Return of Starbuck" and "Experiment in Terra"
Old September 15th, 2006, 11:36 PM   #12
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjrakman
If you feel that pyramidal skyscrapers are too Caprican to be everywhere, then maybe you could create modern skyscrapers that emody the same architectural hints as other ancient structures, such as Roman/Greek temples, ziggurats, the temples of Angkor, Aztec pyramids, even have syskracpers that look eerily similar to the monuments at Stonehenge. Heck, even Easter Island could be some kind of influence.
I don't think Roman influences would be good to show in Colonial society. Considering how the Cylons draw from those cultural myths i.e. Roman Empire/Cylon Empire their Cylon Centurions etc! It would make more sense for their homeworld of "Cylon" itself to have those famed architectural hints should David Kerin decide to give us a peek at the Cylon homeworld in his Saga re-edit!

Aussie Warrior, your link isn't working cos your ".com" is rather a ".con"? Do an edit on your link to fix this problem.

KJ
Old September 15th, 2006, 11:40 PM   #13
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

hmm so it is off, instantly fixed...........now it should be fine
Old September 16th, 2006, 01:05 AM   #14
jjrakman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kingjason
I don't think Roman influences would be good to show in Colonial society. Considering how the Cylons draw from those cultural myths i.e. Roman Empire/Cylon Empire their Cylon Centurions etc! It would make more sense for their homeworld of "Cylon" itself to have those famed architectural hints should David Kerin decide to give us a peek at the Cylon homeworld in his Saga re-edit!

Aussie Warrior, your link isn't working cos your ".com" is rather a ".con"? Do an edit on your link to fix this problem.

KJ
That's probably a good point. But I think it would be a good idea to have each Colony's architecture based on a seperate ancient culture's architecture. Since it would make sense that if the 13th Tribe made it here to Earth and started our culture, the 13th Tribe would have been a melting pot and would give a reason as to why we have all the varied ancient architectural styles here on Earth. They would have tried to represent all the other 12 Tribes here on Earth through their buildings. And it would play into that whole ancient astronaut thing that BSG is so good at. But yeah, the cylons are Roman-esque. Maybe that's what the Cylon Home planet should look like then.
Old September 16th, 2006, 07:12 AM   #15
KJ
Strike Leader

Indeed!

However since the 13 Tribe left Kobol by themselves and didn't follow the other 12 colonists to form the great 12 colonies with the others tribes offworld after Kobol became an enviromental hazzard to live on. I think its fair to say your point probably takes effects long after the storyarcs of Battlestar Galactica conclude so long after the fleet reaches Earth and make their last stand against the Cylon Empire at Earth with all those factors included there or something or other towards that end.

If life here, began out there far as the BG universe is concerned. Then perhaps, long after the Rag Tag Fleet settles here after the final battle and theres all kinds of remaining artifacts from all aspects of each and every Galactica friend and foe on Earth, did we then incorperate it all into our planetary soceities around the globe many generations and centuries after their story is told.

Remember from our perspective humans think Earth is the motherland of human beginnings not some place called Kobol. Yeah the gamma signal in Hand Of God which Apollo picks up was the transmissions of the Apollo 12 N.A.S.A. space flight to the moon, and although that should basically put a spanner in both our theories! Lets remember the fact that, in space, signals can bounce around the universe for practically forever in a loop! It could've been out there bouncing around long after the Galactica got to Earth and the current crew of Starbuck, Apollo, Boomer, Sheba and company are generations long gone etc.

Guess as fans we're very particular about story continuity aspects, and want to give David Kerin here all our best in fleshing out Battlestar Galactica's epic beginning details foreground and backgorund, even moreso.

KJ
Old September 16th, 2006, 07:22 AM   #16
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjrakman
But yeah, the cylons are Roman-esque. Maybe that's what the Cylon Home planet should look like then.
Yeah kinda like the 'Eden FX' footage pictures we've seen of Bryan Singer and Tom DeSanto's Galactica project. Barring the fact it had one glass window looking pyramid in there as well, it does look very Roman-esque, with flags and collesium styled building everywhere as you get a birds eye view of a whole battalion and practical "sea" of Cylon Centurions in broad daylight in every corner of the city.

http://cylon.org/bsg/desanto-revival01.html

KJ
Old September 16th, 2006, 07:40 AM   #17
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
Revivalist

Firstly, don't worry about me cutting up the original story line too much. In fact the only thing I may cut out is muffit biting the leg of the Cylon, then hopping up and down. Certain shots, like the Viper sliding, actually fits right into the scene as it was. It simply layers over what was a longer shot of the side view where you see Starbuck in the cockpit as it is sliding. So that scene fits without adding or loosing time and pacing. In all of these I have tried to do that as much as possible, since I don't want to alter the story too much.

Now in this there are additions, like some of the cut scenes from the DVD, and the additional destruction scenes. But those are additions, and there are little, to no subtractions. Only looking to enhance.

I do like the ideas of working in more iconic images like pyramids. I figure this is the real Battlestar Galactica, and why not embrace the heritage that was created with the original.

As for the battlestar destroyed, there is a nameplate in that sequence. In fact it is there for you LKJ.

And don't worry, the quality is only bad because it is compressed to fit on youtube. The original is all taken from the DVDs and at full resolution.

With the re-used bridge scenes, one of the problems is that we fans recognize the original footage so well that I know so many (as well as myself) will instantly recognize any shot no matter how it is treated. But I decided to still use them as I want to see some quick shots inside the battlestar. Yes they are shots used later, and I am reusing them in an earlier story, but in a way, that's part of the production charm (or curse) of the show... their reusing of quick shots here and there (not just talking FX).
Old September 16th, 2006, 09:20 AM   #18
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
As for the battlestar destroyed, there is a nameplate in that sequence. In fact it is there for you LKJ.
Where? i haven't seen it, is it the Solaria? Or Nemesis? Still can't see it there boss. I'm hoping its The ""Charon" really, if so many thanks i'm very honored you've thought of me David. But now you might get everybody else asking for a piece of the cameo pie?

Hmmm perhaps Kingjason ought to change that username to something else by now huh? We'll see.

Quote:
I do like the ideas of working in more iconic images like pyramids. I figure this is the real Battlestar Galactica, and why not embrace the heritage that was created with the original.
In that case, could you pinch a few shots of the Mayan pyramids from the film trailer of Apocalypto and jazz them up for BG? Just another thought there. Realistically though you can pinch them from many other films.

Anyways no worries, i'm sure we'll be blown away with your additions in this fan edit. But i'm still hoping to see more aggressive Cylons, Cylon Raider pilots using a targeting system before making a kill, altered sound effects, hyperspace jumps of starship vessels, more sinister ovions, holograms, minor digital touch ups and the like etc.

And the DVD extras?

Hows about giving a few fans a DVD extra in the form of some alter shots of the Battlestar's nameplates with all kinds of names in various flyby passing shots. That way fans could possibly do their own 'Saga of A Starworld edit to their liking with the other ships?

Anyways, never mind us whacky fans. Keep on doing your thing David cos you know we'll appreaciate it all the more anyhow.

KJ
Old September 16th, 2006, 03:20 PM   #19
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
Revivalist

Right after the first shot of the battlestar with the green planet on screen left, it cuts to a closeup of the landing bay exterior with the name plate with the "COLUMBIA" written right on the side. I went back to make sure I was not crazy, that it actually was there... and it is. There is a stock shot later from the show with nothing in the name plate, but the earlier establishing shot has the Columbia right there.

Will have to go back and add the name plate on the stock shot. But earlier... definately there.
Old September 16th, 2006, 07:46 PM   #20
KJ
Strike Leader

No, not that, we saw that nameplate. I mean the first Battlestar being blown to smitereens over the planet by two Baseships! The one with only one landing bay?

As in the fan produced looking version? I was wondering which ship she was?

KJ
Old September 16th, 2006, 07:59 PM   #21
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

KJ,

I know which one you're talking about. I've seen some renderings of that ship. Wasn't it called a Destroyer?
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2006, 01:35 AM   #22
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
I went back to make sure I was not crazy, that it actually was there... and it is. There is a stock shot later from the show with nothing in the name plate, but the earlier establishing shot has the Columbia right there.

Will have to go back and add the name plate on the stock shot.
Sound great, but i hope that one gets flipped as well. Cos the same stock footage of that shot turns up later when the Galactica's at Carillion under attack for Raiders etc.

Although the plate is barely in frame, so i'm guessing you might get L-U-M-B-I-A or on the usual side left hand side; "C-O-L-U" etc in the re-edited final shot.

Man i just can't wait for this thing! I also want to see the names of the other Battlestars to finally lay to rest all the debate about which ships were at Cimtar. The Triton, Pacifica, Acropolis. And of course possible exceptions of the Columbia and other ships (Solaria) patroling the local home colonies when the Cylons attacked etc.

Did you add any differences to the hulls of the other ships? Insignias, digitally add more laser turrets, change the colour of the hulls from one another slightly, different coloured engine exhaust hues, do they produce alternate ship engine sounding noise etc? And it seems in your fan edit. That the Cylons have a major advantage with those high 'Pulsar' laser cannons of theirs, but what can the colonial Battlestars do in return though? Even if their were mostly destroyed cos of the surprise attack save for Galactica. They must've tried using their "green shielding" or launched some counter attack measures before buying the farm so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST
KJ,

I know which one you're talking about. I've seen some renderings of that ship. Wasn't it called a Destroyer?
And does this destroyer have a name? Otherwise we've got another mystery on our hands.

A little humor here......

After the saga fan edit hits the torrent sites.

Fan 1: Man that David Kerin's the bomb, what a fan edited cut of Battlestar Galactica. Dude did you see it

Fan 2: Hell yeah, man it was off the chain! Universal seriously needs to hire this man pronto for an official special edition re-release of the series. If Star Trek can get a touch up hi-def job, so can Galactica.

Fan 1: Yeah.... but one thing puzzled me? What was that other new looking ship in the special edition?

Fan 2: Which one, the one with only one landing bay? I don't know what is it exactly. looked kinda cool though, i wonder what she could've done. I too did wonder a little what she was called myself.

Fan 1: Dude i sure wish i knew, cos you can't see the nameplate on the side too well ya know?

Fan 2: You can't complain though. I mean it took nearly thirty years to see the Columbia, Pacifica, Triton, Acropolis and Solaria all in there. And David Kerin truly gave the fans eye candy and thensome. Even going so far as to add all new ones too for fandom to get all giddy about. You aren't bitching about this kind of thing now, are you?

Fan 1: No of course not, but then again we're fans aren't we. and we've got another mystery on our hands again.

Fan 2: Nah, relax and just let Dave sort everybody's concerns out dude. He probably did it that way for you to make up your own mind which Battlestar vessel it was?

Fan 1: o.k. then, that ship was the... the, Event Horizon!

Fan 2: Eh......WTF?

KJ
Old September 17th, 2006, 04:55 AM   #23
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

I'm totally lost about this issue of which Battlestar we see. At 1:03 there is clearly a shot of the nameplate Colombia. And I must compliment it as perfect...you couldn't tell its not painted on the original model. A wonderful addition.

I hope the story will be told of many of the other Battlestars.....its fascinating to see how they met their fate.
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2006, 06:38 AM   #24
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
Revivalist

Okay... I get it now. The cgi ship over the red planet. No there is not a name plate on that one, and in all honesty, I don't think I'm going to show one. For simple editing sake, I don't think it necessary to go back and keep showing the name. I have it there to show a different vessel style, and that there was some other defense craft defending the Colony worlds.

As for changes to the hulls, laser turrets, engine noises, etc... some of that will probably not happen. First off there is not a CGI battlestar on hand that will look decent enough to match the original models. The main battlestars look like the main battlestars. We do see nameplates on them in the midst of the battles though.

Here's a question... we see five battlestars in the group. Yet I've heard the names Triton, Pacifica, Acropolis and Solaria. Add in the Atlantia and Galactica and you get six ships. Any concensus on what the actual 5 were? Now I did add a smaller class vessel into the fleet, so that would make up the sixth in my version, but just wondering. Although before asked, I do not show the name plate on the smaller vessel. Some has to be left to the imagination/speculation.

Other mentioned points, yes the baseships now have huge energy lense systems. However we have not seen these later in the space battles of Living Legend or Hand of God. In my little logic riddled mind, these laser systems need a close proximity to an atmosphere to actually functoion. Therefore they are only usable for planetary bombardments. And the green shields, well I may be in the minority in this one, but I always thought the big green shield in E.I.T. was a bit cheesy and a cop-out. So in that re-edit I removed it, and therefore in this version (or my mind's little Galactica universe) the big green shield does not exist.

Oh, and that shot of the Columbia sequence that is re-used later will be replaced. Now that I have the first third close to done, I will replace any of the repeated shots used in the final battle sequence, which may be darn near most of them.
Old September 17th, 2006, 07:43 AM   #25
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Here's a question... we see five battlestars in the group. Yet I've heard the names Triton, Pacifica, Acropolis and Solaria. Add in the Atlantia and Galactica and you get six ships. Any concensus on what the actual 5 were?
You got 'em. Those 5 ships were what appeared on the Galactica's viewscreen.

Seriously, I do recall Galactica and Atlantia from Saga....then, on GOIPZ the reference is made to Columbia being at the 'peace conference'. I do not recall the other ships being mentioned on the show.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2006, 12:30 AM   #26
KJ
Strike Leader

In background dialogue the other three Battlestars are mentioned on the bridge.

The Triton, Acropolis and Pacifica!

And as we all know the golden rule. Whatever appears on screen or is heard in audio is generally considered canon in any show/movie!

Confusion is partially cos of Vulpa's lines in GOIPZ about the Columbia being mentioned as being destroyed, fans always assumed this happened off screen however regardless. And the Berkley novels also places the Battlestar Solaria at Cimtar but says the Battlestar Pacifica was recently destroyed! The Solaria is the last ship destroyed in the novel version as Boomer and Starbuck attempt to get closer to her, she then goes up in a ball of flame.

Other names of the Battlestars as you all well know by now. Were released in various books of the series, novels, insider released info etc. As warships existing prior to the colonial holocaust etc. Just to give the Galactica universe some backgorund details i suppose, which is only to be expected!

That is until 2006 when a man called "Kerin" will change our outlook on the Battlestar Galactica pilot forever.

Stay tuned!

KJ
Old September 18th, 2006, 07:13 AM   #27
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

WOW is all I can say David. I can't wait til it is done

S
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 11:20 PM   #28
KJ
Strike Leader

Say David?

Whats your project's official title going to be for Saga Of A Starworld! Especially for when its going to be eventually torrented on several sites when its finished.

Saga Of A Starworld - Special Edition? or Saga Of A Starworld - The Unofficial Special Edition. (my personal favorite but it ain't mine, so i can't claim it). Or how abouts; Saga Of A Starworld - The Fan Edition. Battlestar Galactica: Saga of a Starworld (being in the actual credits as the subtitle under BG?), Battlestar Galactica: The Version You Never Saw?

How does this sound; Battlestar Galactica: Saga Of A Starworld - The David Kerin Cut

Sorry, but that rather humorous one couldn't be helped considering how some of us are expecting that other movie *wink wink* so badly right around the corner etc. If i had the photoshop skills you would see me insert a self made BG DVD cover hopefully reflecting the hard work that David's put in thus far!

Seriously though, since saga's the big one that drew record viewing numbers for Galactica and the one that started it all, and you've certainly given it the hands on treatment with golden gloves so to speak David. Can we expect a torrented DVD with bells on with a DVD cover and particular title to with your latest efforts far as your fan movie of Battlestar goes?

I think your fan movie of the pilot deserves its own 'subtitle' not only for the eventual torrent but for the editor's own nod to say this is his own spin on the great 1978 3 hour pilot movie which isn't to say it is a blatant ego trip for bootlegging.

Oh no sir....!

But rather a passionate fan driven special edition meant to celebrate the near 30th anniversary of the original series and is, and if anything a logical and faithful fan interpretation of an extension of the epic legacy and storyline of this great series' untapped, hidden and dormant potential given a new face lift by a talented fan editor who has inspired others to remember, discuss and think at great length about this TV classic and all the various directions it could've gone in. Its various unsolved questions and unanswered mysteries layed down in the original pilot movie and following series etc.

I'm hedging bets since so few Battlestar Galactica fan movies are actually made (something that'll change in time?) that this well crafted fan edit will no doubt grab positive attention fast. And thus needs a title of sorts to promote it out there to everybody?

Well what does everybody else say to this...

Titles for the Saga fan edit other than the words "Special Edition?"

KJ
Old September 22nd, 2006, 03:46 AM   #29
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
Revivalist

Have to think about the title. I think I am leaving the film's opening credits alone, as it is already different from the rest of the series, and to me it is rather classic. With the musical score playing, it already starts it out with a nice epic feel.

A DVD cover... definately. I will be making one up and include it as a hires jpeg file in the torrent. Title on cover? Not sure. Maybe "Battlestar Galatica" in the big Battlestar type. Under that "Saga of a Starworld". Then at the bottom of the cover (under some pretty images, place the "Special Edition" line. On back with the description will be the disclaimer that it is a fan made special edition, no money has been or will be made from this... person must own legal copy of original material in order to view this... yada, yada, yada...

Fan films? I do wish more were made, especially with the quality that some of the other Trek or Star Wars fan films. It is nice to know one is finally coming. Part of the problem, at least I think, is that we are a smaller fan base than those other franchises, and we are too spread out. Hard to find a group in one town who would all want to do it. So it makes is a little more difficult to put together. Can be done though.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:46 AM   #30
KJ
Strike Leader

Awwwww.

I figured you'd at least go for Battlestar Galactica: Saga of a Starworld and put out the subheading in your fan cut giving the pilot a title. Ah well, still you make a fair point about BG being a definite classic that it is.

Hopefully when i get around to configuing the settings on a few editing programs i have on my computer. I might try out a version of the pilot that i have in mind, one that faithful to the series but also expands on the stuff that missing that editing can include somewhat in a few snipets of scenes given a spruced up feel and look etc. Before the complete series 2003 DVD came out, i once edited all the footage from the TV and movie versions of Galactica onto tape somewhere's that i still have. It's rough alright with two VCR's doing the edits (very primitive kind of editing?) but it gave me the expanded pilot with all the then available footage.

Guess as fans we enjoy more story thus want to extrapolate on everything!

But editing as you know David is a skill that takes time, so i wouldn't expect everyone to wait around for a KJ cut of Saga just yet. but one day perhaps

Quote:
A DVD cover... definately. I will be making one up and include it as a hires jpeg file in the torrent. Title on cover? Not sure. Maybe "Battlestar Galatica" in the big Battlestar type. Under that "Saga of a Starworld". Then at the bottom of the cover (under some pretty images, place the "Special Edition" line. On back with the description will be the disclaimer that it is a fan made special edition, no money has been or will be made from this... person must own legal copy of original material in order to view this... yada, yada, yada...

Multiple DVD covers with several options i hope.

KJ