Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Shattered Worlds
Notices
Shattered Worlds Project forum for new FAN-based endeavours.
Share what you're doing here!

Old May 27th, 2009, 09:59 PM   #1
KageRyu
Shuttle Pilot

Lightbulb Mad visions of a malfunctioning Cylon

I have had a few ideas for my own re-envisioned Galactica story lines over hte decades. For many reasons, none of them will probably ever be in any sort of "finished" state. I am currently working away from doing fan-based art projects and films (having completely scrapped all of the work I have been doing for years on my Star Trek: Federation at War fan film). Further, I lack the needed resources to actually see any of these through to final stages (proper software, editing tools, time, processing power for CG, voice actors, SFX library/editing tools, etc...). Still I had two ideas that I want to share in some form. I decided to post them here, and see if they generate any sort of interest from the community. Perhaps if others are interested in assisting in seeing it done, I will flesh out more details and render some clips.

Galactica:Legacies
This was my more interesting (I feel) idea for a fan made endeaver. I had primarily concieved it as a "sequel" or continuation of sorts to the orriginal BSG. Not really a new idea in itself. I would pick up some 30 years after the end of the orriginal series. It would not be said initially whether or not the fleet ever reached Earth. I had envisioned some wonderful scenes of Cylon forces laying siege to Human worlds, of a space age tech level (as seen in the Terra episodes - possibly even Terra). A Cylon Base Star would be in low orbit over a large city, bombarding it, as Raiders streeked overhead assisting in the devastation. Cyclon ground forces (Centurions and a tank sort of vehicle I never finished designing) would march through the streets, engaging troops and hunting down Humans. I wanted it all to have a feel reminisent of the destruction of the colonies. I intended for a voiceover to describe the expansion of the Cylon empire after the destruction of the Tribes of Kobol, and then mention a Myth, a ghost from the past that still haunts the Cylon council of leaders.
This is where I had some really interesting and completely conjectural ideas planned. I was going to have the Cylons being lead by a council of 13 imperious leader sorts (I intended a slightly different name), sort of the dark counterpart to the Council of 12 (it seemed even in the orriginal BSG that the Cylons and Colonnials had some common tie in the distant past). They would be conveaned on a very large warship, bigger than a basestar (almost an artificial battlemoon if you will - where Basestars could dock or be constructed). In this ruling chamber, a lone centurion would enter and report on the siege to the planet. In this report he would mention a familiar tale of "A lone battlestar leading a ragtag fleet", but that no sign of the Galactica was found. The imperious council of cylon would dismiss the centurion and discuss and argue over the continued existance of the Galactica. "As long as any vestige of Humanity and individuality is allowed to continue to exist, the Cylon empire, and the very way of life for our kind is at risk. The Galactica is too great a threat to be forgotten, and the search will continue until it is destroyed. Even if these worlds of Human vermin are not decendants of the Tribes of Kobol, if they are given the technology to build Battlestars they will become a threat as great as the Lords of Kobol ever were." And that is the crux of the concept, that the Galactica is still out there somewhere, and the Cylons are scouring the galaxy, conquering and destroying, in their search for it. I had pondered the idea of having the descendants of the fleet, some having abandoned the quest for Earth and settled other habitable worlds once they believed they were safe from Cylon pursuit, mount a desperate defense against the Cylons. I had some other ideas as well (finding the wreckage of, or even the partially rebuilt Pegasus).

I may occasionally still play around with elements of this idea from time to time, but at this point I do not seeing it ever being in a finalised form (I am trying to undertake a very time consuming animation project of my own design). If anyone likes this concept and would like to donate time/talent to make it happen, feel free to let me know. Either way, i would appreciate some comments on the ideas (at this time the only points of reference I am using for storryline are the orriginal BSG episodes, aside from those my only other exposure was a few of the comic series that was produced in the 90s).
Old May 28th, 2009, 01:12 AM   #2
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Default Re: Mad visions of a malfunctioning Cylon

Sounds like some very cool ideas. Any plans to post any of your design ideas?

Quote:
tank sort of vehicle.

very large warship, bigger than a basestar (almost an artificial battlemoon if you will - where Basestars could dock or be constructed).
Jim
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 01:13 PM   #3
Limerickcot
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageRyu View Post
I have had a few ideas for my own re-envisioned I was going to have the Cylons being lead by a council of 13 imperious leader sorts (I intended a slightly different name), sort of the dark counterpart to the Council of 12 (it seemed even in the orriginal BSG that the Cylons and Colonnials had some common tie in the distant past). .
The original book tells us that cylons come in 3 types and (I do not have it to hand at this second) - single brains, double brained and finally, in the imperious leader, a single triple brained specimen. There is no connection, other than that of war, previously in history. The leader is surrounded by a number of double brained cylons who filter and feed information to him.

I don't know if thats of any use to you.
Limerickcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 10:33 PM   #4
KageRyu
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limerickcot View Post
The original book tells us that cylons come in 3 types and (I do not have it to hand at this second) - single brains, double brained and finally, in the imperious leader, a single triple brained specimen. There is no connection, other than that of war, previously in history. The leader is surrounded by a number of double brained cylons who filter and feed information to him.

I don't know if thats of any use to you.
I do not have the book, and have not read it, but I was basing my common tie on a number of scenes and comments made in various episodes throughout the orriginal series. Some things Adama says in a few episodes, including the movie/pilot, things said elswhere by Count Iblis (regarding himself and his counterparts having visited the Cylons and colonnials alike) and others. In fact, Adama clearly establishes that the Cylons as we see them are not even Cylons, really, but the machines left by the Cylons - and something similar was said again by Caine.
Old May 28th, 2009, 10:39 PM   #5
KageRyu
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbertman View Post
Sounds like some very cool ideas. Any plans to post any of your design ideas?

Jim
Had I actually finished them, I would be happy too. As of where I abandonned them, they aren't even very useful sketches. What I envisioned for the Tank was some sort of hover-vehicle, sort of an extended, twin tailed manta ray design, with a turret...however, every time I started sketching it, it looked too much like a Martian War Machine from the 1954 movie.