Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old October 7th, 2005, 04:44 PM   #1
jjrakman

Default Saw Serenity and...I don't know...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it immensely and will definitely pay to go see it again.

But it did seem rushed to me. Almost like what happened in the film was probably meant to have happened over the course of a couple of seasons or so.

Also,
Spoiler
It's cool that they got to "wrap up the story" as it were. But I also think that might spell this franchise's doom. By wrapping up the story, they were kind of forced into a storyline which only the Firefly fans would really understand and/or enjoy. I wonder if it might have done better had they done a sort of brainless, train robbery type film. Picking up where they left off, but reintroducing all the characters for the uninitiated. Granted, they might not have another chance to fiunish it if it didn't succeed, but I think it would have had a beter chance of appeakliong to more people. They could always wrap the other things up in future movies. Now I don't know if there will be any more.

On another note, I laways felt the shepherd character felt a bit tacked on myself. But, I know there will be others out there who will feel they didn't explore this character enough, and what his background was. He didn't always seem to have been a shepherd.
Old October 17th, 2005, 10:19 PM   #2
Pegasus4
Bad Email Address

I saw the movie a few weeks ago and loved it. Then I went and bought the series. Pretty good.

Spoiler
In the last ep that bounty hunter from the original Law and Order line up looked at Book and told Simon that he's no Shephard. Hopefully we can still find out. Like Mal finding a relative or friend of Books who tells his past.

I saw River watching her brother and Kaylee at the end of the movie with the curious look on her face. we were all laughing in the theater at that.
Pegasus4 is offline   Reply With Quote