Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Colonial Library
Notices
Colonial Library Grab a glass of ambrosa and wrap yourself around stories, written by residents of our little corner of the universe!

Old July 4th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #1
Raptor
Shuttle Pilot

Default Rebuilding Hope Fanfic

Okay, here's a short(ish) story for you all. It was intended to set up the BSG characters for their entrance into another fanfic story arc of mine, but can be considered by its self. Enjoy!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2995798/1/
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 10:18 PM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Raptor, that is a really cool story (I only got to read chapter 1, will have to go back later for more.) Thanks for sharing it.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 05:24 PM   #3
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Finished the story. Very satisfying read.

Oh, one point of detail on the Terrans: Those born on Terra didn't have problems with the heavier atmosphere and pressure of the Galactican ships--only those born on the Lunar colonies had that difficulty as those satellite colonies had thinner air and air pressure. They could never visit Terra, though those from Terra could visit them.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #4
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Agreed. I rather enjoyed this story as well. I also caught the Terran point of detail Jewels spoke of. Very entertaining story. Well done Raptor. Do you have anything further planned with this storyline? I would be interested to know.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 04:00 AM   #5
Raptor
Shuttle Pilot

Hmm, didn't pick up on that little pressure point...

Yes, there are plans being enacted to continue the story. This short piece was me setting up the BSG characters before their entrance into a massive story arc that I've been working on. Part three of which is currently in production, and is where the Colonials make their appearance.

The first part of this arc (which needs updating) is here:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2564099/1/

It's not BSG, but I'm sure you'll like the final paragraph...

Alternately, you can use the Authors page, where all my stories are:
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/531670/
Old September 11th, 2006, 01:27 AM   #6
Raptor
Shuttle Pilot

Just to let you all now, part three of the massive story arc which now fully includes the Colonials (as they are at the end of 'Rebuilding Hope' is now going up on Fanfiction.net. Use my author page link in the post above to find it.

The title is 'Reuniting the Tribes'

There is also a fourth story in the works, which will focus on the BSG and Firefly elements of this sotry arc.

It scares me sometimes... When I first conceived the original story, 'Ancient Legacies', it was just going to be a stand alone Zoids fic. It grew into a story almost a quarter of a million words long, including Zoids, the Cybrids from the 'Earthsiege' games of the early nineties (IIRC) and with a BSG polt hint.

It spawned a sequel, which was a lot darker but mainly was focused on the zoids story line.

Now in part three, not only am I bringing in BSG, but also Joss Weedons Firefly, and thanks to my new co-author, a second anime series (or at least his AU version of it!)

Anyway, read, enjoy and keep flying
Old September 11th, 2006, 08:43 PM   #7
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Really enjoyed the "Rebuilding Hope" story. Can't wait to read "Reuniting the Tribes". I'll catch reading it after Monday Night Football. I want to watch the Chargers DESTROY the Oakland Faiders...er... Raiders! (No offense KA )

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 07:54 AM   #8
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBSG4ever
Really enjoyed the "Rebuilding Hope" story. Can't wait to read "Reuniting the Tribes". I'll catch reading it after Monday Night Football. I want to watch the Chargers DESTROY the Oakland Faiders...er... Raiders! (No offense KA )
HA! None taken! I am a 49er's fan which is stilly cause the fireworks from the Raider games almost rock my house!

I am mostly a hockey girl! GO SHARKS!
KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #9
sharpe26
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: Rebuilding Hope Fanfic

I've read all your BSG stories Raptor. I hope you will continue them
sharpe26 is offline   Reply With Quote