Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old November 10th, 2003, 06:26 PM   #1
longtimefan62
Just Lost My Cherry!

Default Problems with Disk 4 - War of the Gods 2

Has anyone had any problems with Disk four, War of the Gods Part 2. I was watching near the end when the Apollo, Starbuck, and Sheba are on the ship of lights. My DVD hangs up in a couple of places. I checked it on two different players and the same problem occured. I will probably exchange it at Best Buy, but I wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem. I could be a bad lot. I had a similar problem with a set of Star Trek The Next Generation that I bought at Walmart and I exchanged the set twice and had the same problem occur on each set, so in the end I demanded my money back and then bought it at Best Buy. Any thoughts.
longtimefan62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2003, 07:43 PM   #2
Bijou88

I am haveing similar problems with Disk 2 side 2. After the opening credits of "The Magnificent Warriors," the picture freezes or breaks up. I have watched "War of the Gods" and I didn't have any problems there. I believe there are batches of bad disks floating around and we are some of the few unfortunates to "win" this lottery. I have tried to exchange it at Circuit City but they are out of stock and do not know when new sets will come in. I will wait another week and if they do not deliver, I will get my cash back and buy it someplace else. Good luck with your efforts to get your hands on a perfect set.
Old November 10th, 2003, 07:51 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi longtimefan62! Welcome to Colonial Fleets! Sorry you're having problems. You're not alone, there seem to be random problems with various disks for several folks. Mine sometimes has problems with Disk1 Side 2, Lost Planet of the Gods, when it shows the void and Apollo's bachelor party. Works most of the time so I didn't return it - wanna check the rest of the disks first anyway.

Cheers!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2003, 06:39 AM   #4
Starbuck
I'm 100% female

My copy of Experiment in Terra has a couple of blips in it, but that's the only problem I've encountered thus far. I still have 3 episodes left to watch though.
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2003, 07:43 AM   #5
goldcenturian
Shuttle Pilot

Default Before returning them..

Try cleaning them off with a cloth made to clean glasses with. You know the silky one you can get a Wal-mart for about $2.00. I usually try that before returning anything. It works almost every time. I tend to clean every disk before I put it in now. Just take the cloth straight across the disk. Don't do it in a circular motion! Just straight across a couple of times. I've only had to return one new disk after doing this and that was Oh Brother where Art thou? Even used disks can sometimes be saved without returning them.
I've also noticed that sometimes small powers surges and dips will cause momentary blips in my DVD player. Because I'll go back to that spot and nothing will be wrong with it.
Carolyn
goldcenturian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2003, 10:02 PM   #6
Starbuck_frack

I must be very lucky. Not one problem with any of my discs from the set. I bought my set at FYE.
Old November 12th, 2003, 12:07 PM   #7
Artemis
Warrior

My replacement set is supposed to show up today, I hope I don't have problems with any of these disks, it sounds like there are a lot of bad copies out there.