Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old July 2nd, 2010, 02:12 AM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default "Well I'm not the kind to kiss and tell.."

LA TIMES EXCLUSIVE: Fans of 1980s action series (and Hollywood stuntmen), take heed. "The Fall Guy" is coming for you.Hollywood uber-producer Walter Parkes and DreamWorks are working on a reboot of the 1980s action hit "The Fall Guy," say sources. It's early development, but look for a writer to come on board soon and devise a way to bring the action hero to the big screen.

"The Fall Guy," which was created by action maven Glen A. Larson and starred Lee Majors, aired from 1981 to 1986 on ABC. Fans of classic action shows — and those of us who grew up on '80s TV — will remember the conceit: Majors played Colt Seavers, a Hollywood stuntman by day and bounty hunter by night. He often incorporated his stunts into his bounty-hunting, flying vehicles (his trademark large pickup especially) over large objects, jumping from impossibly high angles and doing other things '80s heroes did to nab the people they were chasing. Heather Thomas co-starred and often got into trouble with him.

Action series from the 1980s have been coming in waves to the movie world: "The Dukes of Hazard" hit six years ago, "The A-Team" just hit, "The Equalizer" is being developed for Russell Crowe as a possible starring vehicle, and MacGyver (the real one, not the satire) is moving forward apace. The producers of "Hardcastle & McCormick" must be chomping at the bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l3a7lsEgFM
Old July 10th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #2
Ramses
Bad Email Address

Default Re: "Well I'm not the kind to kiss and tell.."

will it ever end. I really hope hollywood goes belly up. even if I like a show Id love to see five decent new shows for every one they remake.

from this trend im guessing either they have no talented screen writers anymore. or they arent willing to take a chance on some thing new and different. either way it sucks. heck theyve even redone late 30's and early fortys movies and claimed them as originals. LOL. but eightys shows. what next the bionic man vs Big foot and the aliens remake. sigh....

oh for something new.. Id give my kingdo... my ex wife for a new movie.
Ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #3
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default lack of originality

I'm addicted to movies. I've been going an average of every seven to 10 days for the past five years.
Except.....
In July....
I've noticed that July is the worst month for movies. For the past five years, every new movie at the multiplex, and the majority of leftover ones at the second-run cinemas, are one of the following:
A remake
A sequel
Based on a TV show
Based on a comic book
I don't care how "great" they are, I ain't going.
Thank heavens that there are two art theaters in town. That's where I spend July at the movies.

Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #4
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Somebody tell me that they are not doing this CRAP!
Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2010, 08:41 PM   #5
Senmut
Strike Leader

They are.
We are doomed
DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote