Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old November 20th, 2003, 01:44 PM   #1
Faust
Shuttle Pilot

Default They should've made the game a bit like wing cammander

It would've been cool if you could move your character around the ship itself and interact with the people on the ship like you can do in the wing cammander games. It would've been more fun I think.
Old November 21st, 2003, 04:30 AM   #2
Countiblis
Just Lost My Cherry!

I own a New/Used Video game store, and I just got 4 copies in, the is suppose to be a very hot game due to me only getting 4! I might hold like a drawing on here or something and give one warrior a free copy of this game. I only have it in PS2 btw.
Countiblis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2003, 12:08 PM   #3
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

You should have seen what Wartog U.K. had planned back in 1999... And that was intended for computer (PC) play moreso than game consoles.

You could have flown your Viper (as in the current 2003 game) AND landing on planets for missions, climbing out of the cockpit and walking around in first person mode. The programmer(s) who executed that concept were very pleased with themselves, from what I was told.

I don't know what game engine they used. Seeing how it took years to get the game released, the numerous changes due to production control, etc. (plus changes in computer technology/platforms), it's a miracle that this Vivendi Universal BG game was ever produced, imho.

Then again, I'm still lamenting the $3 million (U.S.) that Richard Hatch secured from Sony for his "Battlestar Galactica" game which Universal didn't follow through on. (Grrrrr....) There was so much happiness, following those meetings!! What could have been... (Flying WITH Apollo, Starbuck, Boomer, Sheba, Bojay and Jolly, for starters...)

Michael
:colwar:
Old November 21st, 2003, 12:12 PM   #4
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Default Favor to ask...

Quote:
Originally posted by Countiblis
I own a New/Used Video game store, and I just got 4 copies in, the is suppose to be a very hot game due to me only getting 4! I might hold like a drawing on here or something and give one warrior a free copy of this game. I only have it in PS2 btw.
BIG favor to ask:
(and, no, I'm not making any deals with the devil )

When people get the game, could you mention, "Have you seen the Battlestar Galactica web sites out there?" If they're interested in the game, they've likely surfed various sites. In case they haven't, there's a whole new world awaiting them.

Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote