Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 18th, 2003, 07:03 AM   #1
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Old Issues

Scooter,

I'm reviving some old issues here:

I said at the end of the poll when folks were banned that eitehr TrekLord was a fraud OR the mods who banned folks were frauds. Devin's e-mail didn't check out as a valid Universal e-mail. He offerred the e-mail as proof that he was with the production.

Concurrently, Ron D. Moore also interacted in an unconventional way with Michael Faries and FilmJerk. He sent the draft copy of the script. That's a highly unusual step. The REAL Ron Moore says Michael is a liar. Someone isn't being on the up and up -- unless the RDM that gave the interview isn't the real guy we've been hating all of these months. I read the script and found some pretty apparent shortfalls compared to other production scripts I'd seen. I immediately said it didn't LOOK like the work of an experienced TV scriptwriter. It looked like a fan script. Michael confirmed that this was the same script he'd gotten.

That didn't seem to wash with me. I went back and reread the RDM interview on www.battlestargalactica.com . I noted that Ron didn't provide any real answers. Plus, the things he did say don't match what was included in the draft script.

- and how about that poll anyway. Search the archives and check the EARLY Treklord posts. They are hostile, "you're all a bunch of idiots" posts. Then suddenly, Devin is replaced by Lisa who seeks out fan input for Universal (who is covertly called Martian High Command). Why? Who would Universal be afraid of upsetting by gathering fan input? Cute handles does not a good research company make!

Now, "David" (Eick?) starts presenting interest not only in telling folks that the production is underway and doing just fine BUT is also worried about the Retros not liking the Neos. That seems pretty strange to me. Why would he care? RDM disavowed any knowledge of Milton and now Eick is coming to his rescue.

Who all has gotten responses from Eick via e-mail? I've seen quick updates included in Milton's letter but nothing from the other fans. Some Retros have written but haven't gotten any responses. I don't see the same tone on the SFC website that's being pushed in the posted e-mails. That isn't unusual in itself since telling a group of fans to go to Hell in an e-mail can be self-defeating. However, one of Eick's answers on the web site does intigue me.

Question: What will the new Cylons look and act like? Will they be CGI or men in suits?
Answeer: At the risk of giving away too much, I will only say there is more than one model of Cylon, and that their look and behavior will vary, depending on the model and depending on the conditions under which we are seeing them....

What? They gave away the script didn't they? Now they're woried about giving too much away?
- and lets go back to that script one more time.
To the last one, the fans are disgusted by it. Some have chosen to "give it a chance" and see what was changed but that's it. There's nothing new there. Its a huge Trek rip-off. Yet Eick and RDM still insist they're trying to stay true to the original, sans sex changed colonials. Now, I'm a simple guy who does animation. I'm not a studio exec. But, wouldn't you be a bit concerned if you released a script for a show and EVERYONE who was a fan hated it. Wouldn't you say STOP, especially given the fact that this is the mini that could make or break a new show. I would. Everyone I know who liked the original hates this idea. Yet, its pressing forward, against all logic.
- or is it? We've based EVERYTHING on the belief that the script Michael and Filmjerk got was the actual draft script. We're asked to believe that the man who wrote Generations, Relics, etc. suddenly said "Have the Cylon shove her hands down a guy's pants"! That will sell the show! We're asked to believe that an experienced television writer, who has experienced a long history of continued rewrites, suddenly opts to rush to Milton to help him. Milton comes forward, totally disrupts the fan base, and RDM's bosses who are supposedly watching all this shrug your shoulders. Would you tolerate that from someone you hired? I wouldn't.
- which brings us back to the script yet one more time. The SFC ad that ran has the eye because the studio refused to release any details to the guys who made the ad. That's another curious development for a group that already turned their draft script over to the internet. Now, they won't even tell their own advertisers what a show will involve.
Things just don't add up.
So, I thought, go to the source. I sent my own letter to David Eick. It reads:

"Sir,

I run a new Galactica website, www.cylon.org and maintain a message board there that converses primarily about your production. As you are aware, your production has gained adverse reaction due to a leaked draft script that was apparently sent to Michael Faries, webmaster of www.battlestargalactica.com and FilmJerk at www.filmjerk.com . The contents of that script resemble a Star Trek show rather than the Battlestar Galactica show we were hoping for. Elements such as as sexual assault by a humanoid Cylon and later sex acts have offended many of us with children who have sworn not to watch this show. Boycotts are being organized and a good section of the fanbase vows not to ever watch your miniseries due to other offensive elements in this script.

Can you confirm that a draft script was released to the two above named individuals.

If this is the case, can you give the fans an indication if the elements offensive to fans remain? If they have been removed, can you explain the process and outlook you used to determine what should be altered.

I greatly appreciate your time in this.

Sincerely,

Sandy"

We'll see if Mr. Eick bothers to answer me, and if he does, what his answers might be.

Two-Brain
Old April 18th, 2003, 07:14 AM   #2

You might be right Sandy. The fake Ron Moore handed out the script to even AICN and the review was based on the same script. Even Raymar3D and SysPortal had the same script to review. This is truly some evil conspiracy that is going on. Please post Eick's response because I found it amazing that the characters seem to be matching up with the reviews. This is the biggest conspiracy since the "Assasination of Kennedy".

Kara Thrace - was in every review and now they have her being played by Katee Sackhoff.

Lee Adama - was in every review and now they have him being played by Jamie Bamber.

William Adama - was in every review and now they have him being played by Edward James Olmos.

Laura Roslin - was in every review and now they have her being played by Mary McDonnell.

Number Six is mentioned in every review and even by AtlantiaViper, Michael Faries, etc.

Gaius Baltar is mentioned in every review and even by AtlantiaViper, Michael Faries, etc.

The same events are reviewed in every script review.

Even Hollywoood Reporters was tricked into saying Olmos was cast as William "Husker" Adama.

I hope you get to the bottom of this Sandy because this conspiracy reaces to every level including the Scifi.com website. Good luck finding out the truth.
Old April 18th, 2003, 07:23 AM   #3
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Milton my Old Friend

Milton,

I find your level of sarcasm offensive and again only believe you are here to provoke trouble.

- but, to answer your charged statements, a list of characters isn't that hard to get. Placing those characters into a fake script isn't any harder than claiming you're a universal employee or claiming Ron Moore personally asked for your help in protecting him against "the suits".

Two-Brain
Old April 18th, 2003, 07:27 AM   #4

Sandy,

I know you and I disagree on many things but what you are suggesting is the greatest conspiracy in Hollywood history. There are several script reviews beyond the two you mentioned. Ain't It Cool News is considered a pretty legitimate organization. Do you seriously believe the fake Ron Moore handed them a script to review without checking the source?

I know you love conspiracies but there is none. Michael Faries and Edward Havens know the real Ron Moore and they received the real script. However, I will leave you to your own version of events but I just want to point out to everyone before a new "urban legend" is created that what you are stating is highly implausible.

Milton
Old April 18th, 2003, 07:31 AM   #5
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default What is your latest shortfall Milton?

Milton,

Why are you having such a problem with me asking David Eick a simple question?

I thought that's what his e-mail link was all about?

Somehow, when I just ask qustions you always try to paint me as a "conspiracy buff".

Here's what I believe. The script never did look professional to me. I asked David Eick if the situation is as it appears because that is the core basis for so much conflict.

Why do you have a problem with that Milton?

Two-Brain
Old April 18th, 2003, 07:33 AM   #6
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Default Re: Milton my Old Friend

Quote:
Originally posted by TwoBrainedCylon
Milton,
- but, to answer your charged statements, a list of characters isn't that hard to get. Placing those characters into a fake script isn't any harder than claiming you're a universal employee or claiming Ron Moore personally asked for your help in protecting him against "the suits".

I believe Milton 100% when he told the Sci-Fi Forum that he recieved a box of goodies from Ron.

As for Ed Haven's report that Ron told him he never gave Milton any gifts, I believe that is what Ron told him as well for denial purposes.

Think about it! If Ron admited the truth to filmjerk that he infact did give Milton gifts, it would be admiting to improper business ethics.

Milton was bribed and it's his own damn fault for bragging about it at the Sci-Fi Forum.

-Ronald D. Moore-
Scooter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2003, 07:38 AM   #7

Sandy,

My core issue has nothing to do with the authenticy of the script. It's just the idea that you can come up with conspiracies like this. You have e-mailed personally a bunch of conspiracies regarding my involvement in this whole debate which I still have sitting at my desk to laugh at when things get serious at work. Sometimes I really wished I was the person you describe me to be in those conspiracies because that Milton lives an exciting life in Hollywood. Look, I have been truthful to when you ask for confirmation on facts. You still haven't told me how you found out about the letter my boss sent but I could have denied it. I told you thruth about when you asked because I know you can get carried away with rumors and such. Wouldn't be more productive to actually campaign against the production you hate than to have everyone believe that this was a fake Moore script and everone should wait for it to air in December? Wouldn't fans be angrier to know that they could have been more productive to fight this production when they knew the truth initially but instead bought into another "urban legend"? Anyways, I know you always think some huge conspiracy is always pushing the events of Galactica so I will just step back and see if fans actually buy into the theory that everyone who received a script to review in the industry received it from the fake Ron Moore.

Milton
Old April 18th, 2003, 07:40 AM   #8

Scooter,

Do you believe everyone in Hollywood reviewed a fake script?

Milton
Old April 18th, 2003, 07:46 AM   #9
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain James
Scooter,

Do you believe everyone in Hollywood reviewed a fake script?

Milton
No I believe that every positive and negative review (Michael, Filmjerk and AICN) came from the real script by Ronald D Moore.

I believe that the script that was leaked was real as well.

-Ronald D. Moore-
Scooter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2003, 07:52 AM   #10
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Wow Milton. Seems like I hit a nerve.

Actually, I merely asked if your boss had "done something". If there are other "conspiracies" I'm not aware of them except for statements you made yourself about things you claimed you did.

You toss out the conspiracy charge quite a lot without any real backing IMO.

I did have the "conspiracy" that Treklord wasn't really who he said. Scooter proved that true.

I did have the "conspiracy" that Milton James wasn't your real name? Vince and Laura proved that to be true.

I did have the "conspiracy" that your word of friendship were false. Your newsletter proved that to be true.

I questioned the authenticity of the script from Day 1. Michael assured me he thought it was real.

The conspiracy regarding the script that I recall is the "conspiracy" you provided that Filmjerk had to be the one who leaked the script.

You really seem spun up because I chose to go to the guy who knows the right answer rather than rely on message board posters who present the right answer.

As LSF would point out, I'm not the one with the dubious track record here. I find it odd that you're already here trying to discredit any answer I might get before I get it.

Two-Brain
Old April 18th, 2003, 07:56 AM   #11
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default My Thoughts

I always believed that the script was a ruse. It was terrible, to terrible to be even called Galactica. However if it is real no amount of rewrites could improve it in a million years.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2003, 08:33 AM   #12
Dennis
Bad Email Address

Well, this is an interesting way of putting the facts together -- but if the "real" RDM was being misrepresented online by a script that he didn't write, my intuition is that he would have gotten the word out that the thing is a fraud. So unless I'm missing something (been known to happen) I think that this theory is a non-starter.

I'll sure be interested to see Eick's response, though.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2003, 08:56 AM   #13
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default Milty, Milty, Milty?

You, opposed to "Conspirisy Theories"?

Strange, I still as yet have seen you PUBLICLLY Apologize for the distress you cause Sandy and others by your baseless Accusations that Sandy was somehow responsible for some sort of cyber-terrorism against young Laura.

Yet, if you examine the letter you based that accusation on, the one from summoner, it was more about the childish antics of your Followers, than anything to do with cyber-terrorism. You didn't even waste a keystroke commenting on the bulk of the letter, choosing instead to use a few sentences as a springboard for a Cyber-Terrorism Witch Hunt. You even had the Authorities called in to investigate.

Yet, no apology when Sandy, as we ALL knew, was entirely Innocent. No Apology, when Indeed the ONLY person aparty to this conversation who EVER released IP information wasn't Sandy, but YOU, and that Traitorous Vermin, Vince.

Milty, Milty, Milty. While I would agree with you that sometimes Conspirisy Theories are a bit over the top, the problem is, You seem to Generate them, and bring them where-ever you go.

Do I need to bring up the vast array of conspirisy theories you used to get your Moore Fan Friends here in the first place? Those were CREATED by YOU.

Don't act now as if you are above that sort of thing. You are the best example I have seen in ALL my years in this Battle for Galactica of EXACTLY how to Create and further the most outlandish, Hateful, and Pathetic conspirisy Theories yet devised.

Seriously Milty, How can one, like you, who has yelled "Cry Havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War" so many times, now act like an innocent when light is starting to fall on Conspiritorial devices being used by those you support...
LordStarFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2003, 09:09 AM   #14
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

I want to see what response we get, also. Milton, Sandy has every right to ask questions. If your only input is 'why are you wasting your tiem with these questions'... well, why are you so worried about it?
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote