Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old May 21st, 2003, 01:27 AM   #1
Camouflage

Default That 70th hair... (some thoughts)

I want a continuation of the original series including at least the coremembers of the original cast introducing a younger generation of warriors born in space. I want to see and feel again what made the original series so special and the 70th hair doesn’t belong to it.

With the "hair comment" RDM uses an old political tactic, which goes something like this: „If you can’t attack the thoughts or the arguments, you have to attack the person.“
This tells a lot about the person we’re dealing with – about RDM and his character.

Depending on the special „logic“ of RDM, STAR WARS should have been remade because of that 70th hair...

---------------------------------------------------

Btw: Here is something „hairy“ I found and wanted to share with you. I hope you enjoy it:

Sensation:
Original script dialog of STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK has been published. The scene had been filmed, but was cut out. George Lucas said: „We had to cut it out once, because we had to keep some secrets, but now that the first two episodes are out, I’m still thinking about releasing it with the next upcoming special edition.“

Scene:
A furious lightsaber duell is underway. DARTH VADER is backing LUKE SKYWALKER towards the end of the gantry. A quick Errol Flynn move by Vader, and Luke’s hand goes spinning off into the ventilation shaft! Luke cries out, holding his stub arm. He backs away, looks around, but realizes there’s nowhere to go but straight down.

Darth Vader: Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father.

Luke: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!

Vader: No... I am your father!

Luke: No!!! It’s not true! It’s impossible.

Vader: Search your feelings... you know it to be true...

Luke: (in tears) NOOOOOO!

Vader: Yes, it is true... and you know what else? You know that brass droid of yours?

Luke: Threepio?

Vader: Yeah, Threepio. I built him – when I was 7 years old.

Luke: No wonder he’s such a pain in the neck!

Vader: Seven years old! And what have you done? Look at yourself: No hand, no job, and couldn’t even levitate your own ship out of the swamp...

Luke: I destroyed your precious Death Star!

Vader: When you were, what, 20! When I was 10, I singlehandedly destroyed a shielded Trade Federation Control Ship... with a lucky shot!

Luke: Well, I used to bulls-eye womp rats in my T-16 racing through Beggar’s Canyon...

Vader: Oh, for the love of the Emperor! Ten years old, winner of the Boonta Eve Open, only human to ever fly a Pod Racer... Right here, baby!

Luke: (looking dejected) But, but, it’s not my fault...

Vader: Oh! Here we go... <whining> „Poor me! My father never gave me what I wanted for my birthday... Boo-Hoo... My daddy’s the Dark Lord of the Sith... Waahhh! Waahhh!“

Luke: (stammering) Shut up! Shut UP!!!

Vader: You’re a slacker! You think I had a Dad there for me? Ha! I was conceived by the mitochondrians and raised by my mother in slavery! But the time I was your age, I had exterminated the Jedi Knights!

Luke looks down the shaft. Takes a step towards it.

Vader: I was wrong... You know what – you’re not my kid! You’re not good eneough to be my kid!

Luke, in tears, takes a step off the platform, hesitates, then plunges down the shaft. Darth Vader looks after him...

Vader: (shouting) And get a haircut!!! >Pfffft!>

----------------------------------------------

Camouflage
:colwar:

Last edited by Camouflage; May 21st, 2003 at 01:33 AM..
Old May 21st, 2003, 08:58 AM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

fun dialogue, camoflage!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #3
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Re: That 70th hair... (some thoughts)

boo
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #4
Sarika
Strike Leader

That "70th" hair?

Well, if you mean 70's hair, I thought it quite suitable.
It was made in the 70's, so the actors would no less have 70's hair.
I look it this way also.
This was a civilization who's culture and fashions resembled that very much of ancient Greece, Rome, Egypt, and middle east alike, so if you consider perhaps the coiffure of those people's, 70's hairstyles not much different in many ways, which were that of longer, soft framing & carefree appeal, compared to a few decades before in earth history.

I wouldn't change the hair styles at all if there were a remake. But since there may be a chance that there could be a remake, 70's hairstyles are not the common look nowadays.

The Last Piscon Siress

HSH Princess Sarika Her Highness' MySpace
Sarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 06:30 AM   #5
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Styles do come and go .... and, many times, come back again.

Do I think that 70's style hair will come back, with the same impact on society as it did then? Probably not. But, it may very well come back and make a relatively noticeable impact.

Point is that what Moore was suggesting was bogus. Many folks knew that but, they either didn't care or didn't have a large enough platform to project their own message.

However, we survived. We will endure.

Many thanks to Senmut for resurrecting another discussion of the ancients. Please continue ... I'm truly enjoying this.

And now...

"Hear ye, hear ye, By Administorial Acclamation, Senmut has Earned the Title of 'Ancient Thread Reviver'."
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #6
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

I thought you meant that this was the 70th discussion on the Internet about the actors' hair....
Has anyone ever counted the number of discussions?!
Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote