Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 16th, 2003, 02:27 PM   #1
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Thanks to the Cool Kids!

Fellow fans,

Cylon.org has transformed to a closed registration board where only the cool kids can register as members and where only the members are privy to the conversations that occur there. Anyone wishing to join this "Genetleman's Society" (filled with ladies) can petition to the administrators or gain sponsership through an active Cylon.org member. We will not accept new members without sponsers.

The operating rules of the board remain the same and Cylon.org remains a free speech site that embraces all points of view but we've opted to screen for higher quality members than the open membership was giving us.

We appreciate the support we've enjoyed in the past and will continue to fully support both sides of fandom in the future.

All our best to all of you.

Two-Brain
Admin Cylon.org
"Saving the Future's Past"
Old December 16th, 2003, 03:17 PM   #2
Phyxius
Just Lost My Cherry!

As I told you in my e-mail, I think it's a bad move. Isolation almost invariably leads to stagnation. Your choice, though.

Enjoy the silence...
Phyxius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 03:24 PM   #3
jjrakman

If CA is going to be a Gentleman's Society, shouldn't the Call Out section be changed into the Duel section, as in, "Sir, I challenge you to a duel!" Of course, you'd need an emoticon of leather gloves to slap in your opponent's face.
Old December 16th, 2003, 03:28 PM   #4
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Phyxius,

Today's change at Cylon.org and upcoming changes are based on a lot of factors. CA was never meant to be all things for all people. As long as it remains a good place for the right people, I'll be happy. I leave leading the fandom to others. They're welcome to the role and the responsibility.

In the end, most of all, I'm just a guy running a website and board and happy with my own little corner of the world. I think the COOL KIDS and I will be just fine.

Two-Brain
Old December 19th, 2003, 03:52 PM   #5
Commander Cain
Shuttle Pilot

The best thing about being a cool kid (not bragging or anything) is the secret handshake. It is quite hard to learn over the internet. But worth it I must say.

"I really think you should take a look at the other battlestar." Cylon pilot
Commander Cain is offline   Reply With Quote