COLONIAL FLEETS NEWS
ONLY please.

Old January 27th, 2020, 06:40 PM   #1
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Default Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming HD now on YouTube

Uploaded by the co-director Jay Weolfel and described as "This is the only official posting of this trailer and comes from the master picture and sound elements."
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2020, 06:44 AM   #2
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming HD now on YouTube

"Jay Woelfel directing Richard Hatch and Richard thanking the people and fans who helped make this promotional pilot to bring back the series. The footage is largely unedited to let you see Richard the way he really was and a bit of how Woelfel and Hatch worked together."
Old January 28th, 2020, 07:40 AM   #3
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

"Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming - RARE UNAIRED SCENE OUTTAKES"
Old January 31st, 2020, 01:31 PM   #4
Jayworld
Warrior

Much welcomed (finally). Unfortunate that agreements were not reached back when the Classic Epic Series was first released on DVD in the large Cylon head packaging. Would have made a nice addition. Instead we got a mini-trailer for the new Sci-Fi mini series....
Old February 24th, 2020, 08:23 AM   #5
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

When the second video was posted on YouTube, there was an exchange between Jay Weolfel and fans in the comments section below the video.

The comments have since been deleted.

My two emails to Jay Weolfel's website, asking for more information, didn’t receive responses.

I made the below screenshot...it's interesting reading...it seems there's one more Battlestar Galactica episode out there, theoretically...

Old March 4th, 2020, 01:32 PM   #6
Jayworld
Warrior

That's what I thought, from everything that Richard conveyed in the several conventions I saw him/spoke with him. It is interesting that after GINO started that he (Richard) seemed to kind of lose interest or at least some of his passion for his trailer. Must have been extremely disappointing. He did say at one time that he had about 4-5 minutes of footage of John Colicos, which would have been the last footage of Colicos prior to his death.
Old March 25th, 2020, 06:53 PM   #7
lonewriter
Shuttle Pilot

That could have been good but I wonder what fans of nuBSG would have thought. I liked both shows (I am old enough to remember TOS when it was new) and I think I would have liked this show. I do wonder what the new BSG series that will be on the Peacock streaming service will be like? I have heard it is a sequel of nuBSG but I don't see how that is going to work unless it is set in Blood and Chrome years.
lonewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2020, 08:25 PM   #8
Senmut
Strike Leader

Kobol, anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RFMfktLWss
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2020, 11:59 PM   #9
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayworld View Post
It is interesting that after GINO started that he (Richard) seemed to kind of lose interest or at least some of his passion for his trailer.
He basically didn't need it any longer. He got the plum acting job he wanted all along and consequently he didn't need to use his trailer, or the original series for that matter, as a vehicle to try and make it big once again.

That may be a cynical and harsh assessment on my part, but after I reintroduced myself to what Richard wrote in 2001 to knock the DeSanto project that never was, it was all too clear to me that his passion for the series began and ended with what was in it for himself. Which is perfectly well and good for someone who has to look out for his own interests, but in his case that also meant stringing along a lot of Galactica fans along.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote