Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - In Progress
Notices

Closed Thread

Old July 31st, 2006, 11:37 AM   #691
spcglider
Squadron Leader

Well, if that's your decision, then that's the way it is.

I just drove across town on my lunch break to check with the post office again, but now I can stop harassing them. After talking with the head honcho at the post office, he told me that after filing the 1510 form, it could take up to six months to see any results. Big help there.

This has turned into one expensive kit for me. Not that it isn't for you too, but it sure is disappointing to have it all go down like this. I end up looking like a schmuck for trying to help.

Well, if you're going to have someone else do the work, be sure to pick somebody who knows to insure a parcel.

-G
Old July 31st, 2006, 12:13 PM   #692
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

A little story.

On June 22, 2005, I made a Paypal payment for a studio scale Cylon Raider, fully-painted and built-up.

On May 18, 2006, I made the final Paypal payment for my now completed Raider.

That's a long time to wait, but the seller kept me informed along the way and the damn thing looks pretty cool.

On the other hand I ordered Galactica shuttle from SMT and as we all know that deal never was completed and though I got my money back the whole thing was a debacle of some magnitude.

So far, I haven't had to wait as long for the Tom DeSanto kit and I'm not unduly worried because I've spoken to Michael on the phone and the project's been hit by sod's law in a major way. Sometimes felgercarb happens!

I think Michael will have a learnt a lot on completion of the kit, both the positives and negatives about such an undertaking. I'm sure everything will be taken onboard for projects two, three etc.

I know we'll all have a unique kick-ass kit at the end of the day, I guess some things are worth the wait. Mind you, I'd rather be watching season four of Tom DeSanto's BSG (Sorry Mike!).

In the mean time, may I suggest that if we, the customers, have anything to say on this subject we communicate through PM, email or the phone, and when Michael's got together the remaining parts he can show the members the finished deal for everyone's enjoyment.

All the best, and long live the original Battlestar Galactica!

Peter

P.S. It would seem the post office in the US is just as inept as the one in the UK!
Old July 31st, 2006, 01:44 PM   #693
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcglider
Well, if that's your decision, then that's the way it is.

I just drove across town on my lunch break to check with the post office again, but now I can stop harassing them. After talking with the head honcho at the post office, he told me that after filing the 1510 form, it could take up to six months to see any results. Big help there.

This has turned into one expensive kit for me. Not that it isn't for you too, but it sure is disappointing to have it all go down like this. I end up looking like a schmuck for trying to help.

Well, if you're going to have someone else do the work, be sure to pick somebody who knows to insure a parcel.

-G
Hi Gordon,

No hard feelings... Terri and I appreciate all that you have done to help. You did a lot of work and I think everyone recognizes that. We did attempt to compensate you for your trouble by sending you a --------- kit, from my personal collection. As these kits become more and more scarce, their value goes up. I also agreed to assist you with sculpting a -------- head for you. This was not a freebie deal for either one of us. Terri and I looked at it as two people simply helping each other out. You did some beautiful casting with the parts, and made a zip code mistake that anyone could have made. You are not the only person who has ever sent a package uninsured. We've done it many times and have never had a package get lost. This is all very unfortunate, but thankfully everyone who has ordered has been very understanding and more than kind about all the things that have gone wrong. It's just that Terri and I are getting a little nervous that everyone's patience will run out soon. We'd also like to get all this stuff out of the house so the living room can be a living room again instead of a warehouse full of viper parts and shipping materials! Terri is getting kind of annoyed about the mess! LOL! Not only that, but I have a pile of new projects on my list of things to do, and I need to get this completed so I can have the time and the workspace to move forward. I think that we both need to keep after the post office to deliver the package. It has to be somewhere, and it seems that a box should be easier to locate than an envelope. But the worst thing that could have happened is that it was delivered to a person's house, and they simply discarded it because it was nothing they wanted to keep.

We are not sure how long it will take to find somebody else to make these parts. It is possible that by the time we find somebody, you will have returned from your trip. If that is the case, we hope that you will still go ahead and make the parts so that you and everyone else can receive their kits.
Mike and Terri
BlueSquad2001 and WarriorChemist
Old July 31st, 2006, 01:48 PM   #694
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

[QUOTE=peter noble]A little story.

On June 22, 2005, I made a Paypal payment for a studio scale Cylon Raider, fully-painted and built-up.

On May 18, 2006, I made the final Paypal payment for my now completed Raider.

That's a long time to wait, but the seller kept me informed along the way and the damn thing looks pretty cool.

On the other hand I ordered Galactica shuttle from SMT and as we all know that deal never was completed and though I got my money back the whole thing was a debacle of some magnitude.

So far, I haven't had to wait as long for the Tom DeSanto kit and I'm not unduly worried because I've spoken to Michael on the phone and the project's been hit by sod's law in a major way. Sometimes felgercarb happens!

I think Michael will have a learnt a lot on completion of the kit, both the positives and negatives about such an undertaking. I'm sure everything will be taken onboard for projects two, three etc.

I know we'll all have a unique kick-ass kit at the end of the day, I guess some things are worth the wait. Mind you, I'd rather be watching season four of Tom DeSanto's BSG (Sorry Mike!).

In the mean time, may I suggest that if we, the customers, have anything to say on this subject we communicate through PM, email or the phone, and when Michael's got together the remaining parts he can show the members the finished deal for everyone's enjoyment.

All the best, and long live the original Battlestar Galactica!

Peter

P.S. It would seem the post office in the US is just as inept as the one in the UK! [/QUOTE]Thank You Peter....and all of you from the bottom of our hearts!
We never thought such hold-up and situations would arise, and we are more positively prepared for the next project and understand more now than ever!
Mike and Terri
Old July 31st, 2006, 02:04 PM   #695
spcglider
Squadron Leader

M,

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the kit and that you're going to be doing that head sculpt.

And know full well that it is not you that I am upset with. Its more being upset with myself, first for breaking my own rules and then doing something stupid that came back to bite me in the afterburners.

I know its a tense and frustrating situation for all of us.

Soldier on.

-G
Old July 31st, 2006, 08:27 PM   #696
cobywan
Shuttle Pilot

Mike,

My offer still stands to help. I am dealing with a long delay for a big Star Wars kit and know what it feels like to be on hold. If I can help just let me know. Work is dead now so I have the time.
Old July 31st, 2006, 09:04 PM   #697
Viper 04

WTF?

Hey Mike,

If Coby is offereing his help GO FOR IT! he's kinda good at that stuff....in fact he's plain silly with it!

Old July 31st, 2006, 10:07 PM   #698
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobywan
Mike,

My offer still stands to help. I am dealing with a long delay for a big Star Wars kit and know what it feels like to be on hold. If I can help just let me know. Work is dead now so I have the time.

Hey Coby!
I'm so glad to hear that, and to find that I have a new ally willing to put their past in their behind, or something like that! I'd be glad if you could drop me a number to reach you at, and discuss all the details and talk shop for a bit just to iron out the past. I wish nothing but the best concerning working together.
Drop me a line, I also sent you a p.m. to your RPF box.
Let's talk.
BlueSquad2001 a.k.a. Michael Miles
Old August 4th, 2006, 05:19 AM   #699
starmanmm
Bad Email Address

I have been talking to Mike as to the status of this kit and he has been kind enough to not only point me to this site but has also been answering my questions.

Being a first year cadet here, I just wanted to put in my 2 cents.
Old August 5th, 2006, 03:13 PM   #700
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Announcement!

I am prepping the cannons and canopy casting to send to Cobywan on Mon.
I'm sure that alot of you are familiar with his modeling skills and this is going to be great. He has stepped up to help and this means a all will be getting their kits quicker than the post office can act.
Here we go again!
Old August 5th, 2006, 04:16 PM   #701
Viper 04

IN A BAD German VOICE:

Now zee here! Before vee go running about, killing people, we'd better make damned sure of our facks and ZIP CODES!. A riot iz unt ugly thing... and once you get one started -- there's little senze in shtopping it!

Good News Mike! Send Coby the whole kit so We can see it at our next Sci-Fi meeting in Seattle on the 14th! ( could generate sales.....if thats a good thing? ) when he's done I can do the promo build up... take some nice pics.... and you can call that one my ordered Viper?......e-mail me and we can talk more about it!

Old August 5th, 2006, 08:33 PM   #702
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper 04
IN A BAD German VOICE:

Now zee here! Before vee go running about, killing people, we'd better make damned sure of our facks and ZIP CODES!. A riot iz unt ugly thing... and once you get one started -- there's little senze in shtopping it!

Good News Mike! Send Coby the whole kit so We can see it at our next Sci-Fi meeting in Seattle on the 14th! ( could generate sales.....if thats a good thing? ) when he's done I can do the promo build up... take some nice pics.... and you can call that one my ordered Viper?......e-mail me and we can talk more about it!
Everyones jus' tryins' ta gets their Vipers huh!?!?
I'll consider it, but still I believe that the first on the list should get theirs first. But I'll see how things go.
Old August 5th, 2006, 08:42 PM   #703
Viper 04

Sounds completely fair to me!

Cool avitar Mike! I dig it.

Old August 6th, 2006, 07:54 AM   #704
starmanmm
Bad Email Address

Getting closer.

Gotta get rid of that cherry image, tho!
Old August 7th, 2006, 01:35 PM   #705
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmanmm
Getting closer.

Gotta get rid of that cherry image, tho!
You bet we are!!!
And I guess your cherry needs ta be "popped"?

And cool avatar yourself Viper04.
Mine has too many meanings with it. But thats the way I designed it.
Old August 7th, 2006, 09:38 PM   #706
Viper 04

Thanks Mike......I just did a google seach for Space Worlds and found it.....I'm using as my desk top image too.

Old August 7th, 2006, 10:05 PM   #707
Cmd. Foster
Battlestar Helmsman

That is a cool avatar you got there Viper04. Dumb question here, how do you change or select a new avatar?

JC
Old August 8th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #708
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmd. Foster
That is a cool avatar you got there Viper04. Dumb question here, how do you change or select a new avatar?

JC
Go to your user CP. Select avatar editing and when that page loads, scroll down a little bit and select your avatar by clicking on browse. There you have it. But it can be no larger than 90x90 in size.
Old August 8th, 2006, 02:29 PM   #709
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Michael, (and everyone else involved via purchase with this USPS fiasco)

Here's where I stand on this:

I have Chicago Wizard World coming up this weekend. I'm going to be out of town and out of communication range until next Wednesday.

If the parts haven't shown up by the time I return, I will remold and recast them from Michael's salvaged first castings.

Then we can finally drive a postally insured stake through the heart of this karma sucking vampire be-atch and move on.

Michael, sorry I didn't get back to you last night. Had my hands more than full until after midnight.

-G
And still nothing!!!!

If the parts haven't shown up by the time I return, I will remold and recast them from Michael's salvaged first castings.

May I ask what "first" castings? You said you had nothing that you shipped everything. Now, getting together with Cobywan on this for help, and I don't EVEN, have any of the original "greeblies" to make correct new ones.
I'm pissed.
Old August 8th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #710
Viper 04

I think I hear photon weapons being charged! Watch out!

Old August 8th, 2006, 10:53 PM   #711
Cmd. Foster
Battlestar Helmsman

Pulsar cannons most likely, you are hearing.

By the way, thanks for the info Mike
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:37 AM   #712
spcglider
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSquad2001
And still nothing!!!!

May I ask what "first" castings? You said you had nothing that you shipped everything. Now, getting together with Cobywan on this for help, and I don't EVEN, have any of the original "greeblies" to make correct new ones.
I'm pissed.
Cool your jets, big fella. I was under the impression that you had some original castings that YOU had made and felt to be too poor to send out.

I sent everything. And I mean EVERYTHING.

You and everyone else here have my sincere apologies for my part in this entire debacle. I undertand and share your frustration. You're a friend, Michael, and I don't mind that you're pissed over this whole situation, but please don't start directing it at me or my posts.

I truly don't mind that you're moving forward with Cobywan... and that's not from a "I don't want to make any more molds" standpoint. You dealt with me and fate screwed us up. I completely understand your reasons and desire to get this situation resolved.

But lets try to hang together instead of letting adversity tear us apart. K?

-Gordon
Old August 9th, 2006, 02:31 PM   #713
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Cool your jets, big fella. I was under the impression that you had some original castings that YOU had made and felt to be too poor to send out.

I sent everything. And I mean EVERYTHING.

You and everyone else here have my sincere apologies for my part in this entire debacle. I undertand and share your frustration. You're a friend, Michael, and I don't mind that you're pissed over this whole situation, but please don't start directing it at me or my posts.

I truly don't mind that you're moving forward with Cobywan... and that's not from a "I don't want to make any more molds" standpoint. You dealt with me and fate screwed us up. I completely understand your reasons and desire to get this situation resolved.

But lets try to hang together instead of letting adversity tear us apart. K?

-Gordon
Cool my jets nothing!
You go off to some convention and I'm left holding the dynamite with a lit fuse. And the reason I'm getting so pissed is that trying to rebuild these cannons without enough of the proper parts is getting quite irritating. Nothing personal here Gordon, but I'm left having to buy more extinct kits out of mine and Terri's pocket, just to get the guns right and you wait for the Postal service. After loosing those parts, I'm out and Terri is out of alot of cash baby.
Again nothing personal, just business.
Old August 9th, 2006, 02:35 PM   #714
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

There.................Rant over!
Old August 9th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #715
spcglider
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Cool my jets nothing!
You go off to some convention and I'm left holding the dynamite with a lit fuse. And the reason I'm getting so pissed is that trying to rebuild these cannons without enough of the proper parts is getting quite irritating. Nothing personal here Gordon, but I'm left having to buy more extinct kits out of mine and Terri's pocket, just to get the guns right and you wait for the Postal service. After loosing those parts, I'm out and Terri is out of alot of cash baby.
Again nothing personal, just business.
If this is nothing but business, as opposed to favors between friends, please send my full scale IL series head drawings back. I'll be happy to pay you for the insured postage. You can feel free to trash the mold bases. I can rebuild them later.

My address is:

Gordon Smuder
c/o MNFX
836 40th Avenue NE
Minneapolis,MN 55421

I don't believe you should be saddled with the work when you have paying gigs to accomplish. And you shouldn't feel like you need to complete it to repay me for the molding and casting or feel that it is an unfair burden. Obviously you've incurred costs due to my inept handling of the shipment. If you would like, I'll be happy to return the injection molded kit you sent as well, just to return us to a level.

With that, the business slate is clean.

I look forward to receiving my kit just as the rest of your customers.

A note to all: Once again, my apologies for accidentally holding up the delivery of Michael's kits. As a matter of record, I would not hesitate to do business with Mr. Miles again.

Be well, all.

-Gordon
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:51 PM   #716
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
If this is nothing but business, as opposed to favors between friends, please send my full scale IL series head drawings back. I'll be happy to pay you for the insured postage. You can feel free to trash the mold bases. I can rebuild them later.

My address is:

Gordon Smuder
c/o MNFX
836 40th Avenue NE
Minneapolis,MN 55421

I don't believe you should be saddled with the work when you have paying gigs to accomplish. And you shouldn't feel like you need to complete it to repay me for the molding and casting or feel that it is an unfair burden. Obviously you've incurred costs due to my inept handling of the shipment. If you would like, I'll be happy to return the injection molded kit you sent as well, just to return us to a level.

With that, the business slate is clean.

I look forward to receiving my kit just as the rest of your customers.

A note to all: Once again, my apologies for accidentally holding up the delivery of Michael's kits. As a matter of record, I would not hesitate to do business with Mr. Miles again.

Be well, all.

-Gordon
Gordon, this is not a thread about returns or anything other than the DeSanto Viper.
As for the IL series sculpt, if I start something, I intend to finish it, and deliver it insured. End of discussion.
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:59 PM   #717
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Gordon and Michael,

Please check your PMs.

BST
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
Old August 9th, 2006, 10:28 PM   #718
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Nothing bad has been said here, nor will it.
That being said, it's time to get back to the real subject of the thread.
Old August 9th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #719
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST
Gordon and Michael,

Please check your PMs.

BST
BST, please check your e-mail.
Old August 10th, 2006, 10:46 AM   #720
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
BST, please check your e-mail.
For all to know, Gordon and I have talked and everything is understood. I really was not intending to be mean to him, I like Gordon.
Gordon is a swell guy!
And I can get upset for a few minutes like anyone else, and then let it go.

Closed Thread