Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old March 25th, 2004, 09:44 AM   #1
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Default Who's a fan of the "Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s: The Lost World" TV series?

Greetings All,

It's not exactly new news, but I noticed a week or so back that there was a season one set sitting on the shelf at my local brick and mortar Best Buy. The price seemed reasonable so I bought it.

But it's the censored syndicated cuts of the episodes. (Worse, there are no extras on any of the DVDs.) Anyone here remember watching the series episodes or movies on PPV?

Also I have a review of the DVD set up here in case anyone is interested in reading a bit more detail.

Kind Regards,

Kester Pelagius
Kester Pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2004, 01:00 PM   #2
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

From tvtome:

Quote:
There are two versions of Season I on DVD: one by Liberty International Entertainment and one by Image Entertainment. Liberty's version has photo galleries, biographies, bloopers, etc.
I've only seen the Image Entertainment version for sale locally. As far as the show, it was entertaining, but the Veronica (Jennifer O'Dell) character pretty much turned into a guest starring (disappearing?) role which upset many fans. Lot of controversy throughout its run. Have no idea if there were 2 versions of each episode shown unless they were referring to Veronica's bathing scenes and showing a lot more of her in other countries. Anybody remember the contest to win Veronica's leather bikini? Lot of jokes about that.
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2004, 03:38 PM   #3
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi
I've only seen the Image Entertainment version for sale locally.
Same here. And thanks for the reference, I didn't even think to check with tvtome. But I can't find anything with Google about any other version, and that company's web site is non-functional.

Quote:
Have no idea if there were 2 versions of each episode shown unless they were referring to Veronica's bathing scenes and showing a lot more of her in other countries. Anybody remember the contest to win Veronica's leather bikini? Lot of jokes about that.
Leather bikini?

Nope, can't say that I do.

There are different versions of the episodes. Season one, for certain, aired on PPV with mild nudity. But I can't find any information online. Not even a fan site!

Guess that is to be expected since the series isn't currently in production. Annoying, but understandable.
Old March 25th, 2004, 03:41 PM   #4
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Here's the link to buy direct from Liberty:
http://www.buyfromliberty.com/indexPublishing.asp

There was a recent Lost World convention:
http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/tlwcon/index.html
Old March 25th, 2004, 04:06 PM   #5
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Here's the link to buy direct from Liberty:
http://www.buyfromliberty.com/indexPublishing.asp
That page doesn't load right for me. Did get the top scrolling bar, launched the LW link. Not very informative.

Which doesn't alter the fact I am impressed. How you found that link is, well, simply astounding. And proof my Google-Fu is weak.

Quote:
There was a recent Lost World convention:
http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/tlwcon/index.html
Looks interesting.

Any interesting rumors/news tidbits since?
Old March 25th, 2004, 04:18 PM   #6
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

There was a rumor awhile back that the BBC may order a season 4. But haven't heard anything since. The series ended on a cliffhanger, so maybe if they find investors, a movie or a series of tv movies can be made to answer some of the questions like Farscape is currently doing. Still don't see why the Sci-Fi channel didn't allow Farscape to finish it's run with a season 5, which was to be the last season anyways.
Old March 25th, 2004, 06:28 PM   #7
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
There was a rumor awhile back that the BBC may order a season 4. But haven't heard anything since. The series ended on a cliffhanger, so maybe if they find investors, a movie or a series of tv movies can be made to answer some of the questions like Farscape is currently doing. Still don't see why the Sci-Fi channel didn't allow Farscape to finish it's run with a season 5, which was to be the last season anyways.
It was a good series. I liked it.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2004, 09:09 AM   #8
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Quote:
There was a rumor awhile back that the BBC may order a season 4. But haven't heard anything since. The series ended on a cliffhanger, so maybe if they find investors, a movie or a series of tv movies can be made to answer some of the questions like Farscape is currently doing.
Be nice, but I think the next big sci-fi series (fingers crossed, kock on wood) that's going to be coming from the BBC is a new Dr. Who.

Didn't A&E just air an all new tw-part version of the LW a year back? Seems to me that if they found money to do a new television movie that it seems unlikely there is much interest left in the series.

Which is too bad. It had potential.

Quote:
Still don't see why the Sci-Fi channel didn't allow Farscape to finish it's run with a season 5, which was to be the last season anyways.
Because sciffy is run by a pack of rabid monkey-dog imbeciles?

They have no established line-up, least none worth speaking of. And they blow their wad of series all at once, during the day when no is around to see or care what is going on, like an sexually frustrated teenage boy.

Everyone mentions Farscape, but do you remember the OTHER popular series that got the axe for no apparent reason? Like the Invisible Man?

These are not the action of a responsible network programming department. They may be the actions of a rich guy pissed off that his supposed tax write-off is actually more in the black than in the red where he would like it to be. . . but that is all speculation.