Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 4th, 2003, 08:40 AM   #1
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Yet another BSG letter to the Science Fiction Weekly

Moore's Galactica Is Less

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue306/letters.html

I happened upon the new Battlestar Galactica page at www.scifi.com/battlestar/ and read with great interest the letter from Ron Moore about the new project. Being a fan of the original, I am a little perplexed at some of news. I don't remember Starbuck being a woman in the old series. I can agree with much of what Ron Moore says, especially going into more depth and complexity in the characters. No one wants to see the clock set back to 1978 in this show. I do disagree with him on this though: Why can't the new show coexist with the storyline established in the original Battlestar Galactica, rather than denying that to us? Prequels worked with Star Wars and a continuation 80 years later worked for Star Trek: The Next Generation. Could Ron Moore's script be adapted to work in that way, too?

Ron Moore speaks of waking a slumbering giant with this show. I'm afraid that with his current script, he is not waking up that giant, but substituting it with a white elephant.

Steve Parady
animator@kua.net
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2003, 12:01 PM   #2
Iknowweather66

Default Great work, Steve

You ought to pat yourself on the back! (pat, pat)