Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 24th, 2003, 07:43 AM   #1
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Default ACT Fast! From Scooter & Korn Fan

This was on scifi bbd, posts are getting removed over there so at least the news it contains is safe here:
One more time to write, please note who he says is not worth your time & effort:

http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/brows...1/5/531/319246
What follows is the post in its entirety:
_______
QUOTE:SCI FI Channel_»
Battlestar Galactica Forum_»
From KornFan: Act Fast !

Date: 02/24/2003

KornFan is still currently unable to post anything on this forum, but he did e-mail and asked me to post it on his behalf.
-----------
You can take my word on it or not. It’s your choice. I am being blocked from posting to this forum so I had to email scooter to bring this message to you.

The current remake is not riding as smooth as the sci-fi channel is leading on.

In addition last weeks marathon was a marketing tactic by Universal to see what kind of response it will get. Bonnie Hammer agreed to broadcast it assuming that the fans that’s been campaigning for a continuation for all these years are sick and tired of one let down after another so she’s betting that nothing would come from them. This all went down during the holiday season from what I have been told.

Mark my word they are waiting to see what kind of response this marathon will trigger.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WRITING DAVID KISSINGER OR BONNIE HAMMER! Their intention is only a quick high rating scam. Their commitment to a quality on going series is highly unlikely and that goes for the current miniseries as well.

Go for the top of the totem pole! Go for the upper management at Universal! Shoot for Barry Diller or any other people in upper management. I know Diller’s addy is posted @ galactica.com and I am assuming that people like Michael Faries and Sandy the 2 brained cylon may have a better idea on what studio executives to write to.

To the retros, if you fail to comply writing them within a week it will be on your hands. I have a somewhat understanding of how you feel about having to constantly write letters but that’s Hollywood and I am sorry that their politics doesn’t come across as clear .

But I sh*t you not they are looking to see what kind of response that last weeks marathon will have. Compromise seems to be the word of the month and I would write in support of a continuation but also state that you would give a prequel a chance even if it were Moore’s so called crappy script that most of you stated.

For the continuation or bust crowd you DON’T have a chance in hell to change this production into a continuation unless Kissinger,Hammer and Eick were all to go down in the same plane crash and the odds of them flying together is slim. You need a current successful Galactica series to support your cause for a continuation somewhere down the road. You might as well join in and adopt the prequel compromise other wise you might have to wait another 10 years for someone else to attempt a continuation project. Face it people! The original cast members that you feel so strongly about are not getting any younger. You already lost Lorn Green,John Coleco,Jonny Harris and that guy from Airplane. You know who I am talking about. The guy who chain smokes and sniffs glue and just so happens to be Jeff Bridges father. I am sorry I can never remember his name.

What I don’t understand is, if high numbers within the Trek fandom can easily ignore Deepspace 9,Voyager and Enterprise and still appreciate the fact that the original series and the next generation timeline is intact, why can’t some of the continuation or bust galactican embrace the same idea of Moore converting his work as a prequel era series? Give it a chance! Help promote it as a prequel! If you still feel that it still sucks after watching it, you could still wish it well and hope that other people will like it! It seems like most of you have no problem with ignoring the Galactica discovers Earth series. So how is this any different?
You people are not a big enough fanbase to make any demands and the lack of motivation from most of the fans is more harmful than you will ever know.

You are on the other hand in a position NOW at this time to influence this current production don’t let this opportunity go to waste! Write your letters to Universal asap!

To Milton you first came here defending Moore’s work from studio executives but you are targeting the wrong ones. Bonnie Hammer is the mother of all executives that you should be worried about. She has the power to alter Moores work at any giving moment regardless on how his fans will feel. Please take the time to do some research on what she has done to the scifi channel in the past. She does not care about quality and she did in fact give Moore a hard time last summer while he was writing this script. She gave Ronnie a list of guidelines to follow.
Another fact is she has no love for these retrogalacticans. This goes back a few years ago. She attempted to revive the old series years back. Yes this was a continuation of sorts but it did not feature the ship Galactica nor any cylons and colonial warriors. The premise of the series was going to focus on a bunch of teens within the fleets coping with everyday life. She was going for Dawsonscreek in outer space. I sh*t you not buddy. This story accidentally got released on the scifi wire and then got pulled a few hours later. The fans outcry and Bryan Singer stepping in put an immediate death to that production. Ask Michael Faries, scooter or the other people here for more insight about this incident. She held a resentment towards the fans here eversince and who is to say that she wont do this to this current production.

Also for my neo friends Marry Mc whats her name’s salary has put another damper with in the visual effects budget and that post from alantia a few weeks ago about their current budget are exaggerated. You should ask yourself if it’s worth more damage to the visual effects and other elements that could change the story for the worse just to have her onboard? Bonnie thinks it is just to use her name to draw in more viewers. Do you agree with that? I am sure that alantia will come here and try to debunk this report but I ask you who are you going to trust me or someone on Bonnie Hammers staff?

So far Kate Sakhoff and Jamie Bamber’s salary are reasonable and Bamber so far is the best investment that this production has going for it. I am sorry to say that I don’t share the same opinion about Kate Sackhoff.
Also after watching the entire episodes last week do you really want to see this series buried or expanded upon? I know there were some pretty bad episodes in the mix but there were also some pretty good ones as well. Try to think with your hearts and try to imagine how most of the old school fans feel. Some of these people have been fighting for 8 years and others had been fighting since the cancellation over 20 years ago. Don’t let a few a******s give you the wrong impression about most of the old schoolers here! Also remember that nothing is ever set in a Galactica revival. You may someday find out that you need them as much as they need you.

Would it hurt to ask the powers to be to change Moores work into a prequel? Please think about it!
Keep up the good fight!

End of post.

-----

My thoughts are Korn Fan's last few posts has been deleted, especially when he reports about Bonnie Hammer.

If anyone chooses to take this post seriously, I'd advise you to copy this post and save it somewhere because chances are it wont be up for too long.
End quote
_________
Flamingo girl, can you post this to the bbd you mod for? Thanks.
I'm hitting Nathan's group. Any other groups anyone wants to hit: please do! I took out the regular quote vB code so if you hit the quote button here you should be able to copy the text out.

Jewels
ps. sorry about the bolds & I did edit in some paragraph spacing where Korn had hard returns so it would be easier to read. Please don't flame the passer on of the message: the word choices are Korn's not mine or Scooter's. And if you decide to write: I've got your 6. Stand strong. Keep the faith. And get your blaster recharged one more time on the way to the launch bay.

edited to slightly bleep the swear words Nathan's filters found. sorry to those that read it before, you all know I don't write like that

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]

Last edited by jewels; February 24th, 2003 at 05:18 PM..
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2003, 11:48 AM   #2
SS1

Default Thanks Jewells

and thank you for taking the time to edit.

That Korn Fan is quite the ambassador. lol

I for one will choose to take his message seriously.

I just hope that everyone else does as well. This is the time that fans will finally get a chance to influence this production. What I find that is most important is Universal and The Sci-Fi Channel are not on the same wavelenght.
Old February 24th, 2003, 01:24 PM   #3
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default The truth must hurt

Cause the link jewels posted is gone as in deleted. http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/brow.../1/5/531/319246

Sorry, requested post does not exist
or is currently unavailable
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2003, 01:35 PM   #4
SS1

Default It's History dvo

It's been deleted just like he said it would.
Old February 24th, 2003, 01:57 PM   #5
N Aviator 71

Default also...

Hi, did anyone notice that the www.scifi.com/galactica page is off-line as well? The plot thickens... I'm writing my letter to Diller tonight!

NA
Old February 24th, 2003, 08:10 PM   #6
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Lol, yup, the post has been deleted, sure enough.

But is this an X-file, Mulder?
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2003, 08:12 PM   #7
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
Richard Hatch

"Hi, did anyone notice that the www.scifi.com/galactica page is off-line as well?"

Good, everyone can come hang here. I'll go make cookies.
Old February 24th, 2003, 08:14 PM   #8
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
Richard Hatch

Who is this Korn Fan, anyway? I hate aliases, sometimes.
Old February 24th, 2003, 09:31 PM   #9
N Aviator 71

"Good, everyone can come hang here. I'll go make cookies."

I do not have the pleasure of posting here often. I am rather busy and have made my introductions a while ago, although they were brief. (Sorry, Muffit & Jewels! You said "hi", and I did not respond well enough!) I apologize to all for lurking rather than posting for the most part and a proper introduction to everyone here should have been made long ago. I have followed this revival since I found a site in 1995 or 96 (was it www.kobol.com back then??). I did, however, find the time to write a hell of a letter tonight, IMHO, to Mr. Diller.

Everyone's opinions and insights have meant alot for me to read and keep hope that this show will come back the right way. I'm still crossing my fingers! I'll try to break the silence more often.

NA
Old February 25th, 2003, 01:11 AM   #10
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

bump

Read this and keep it close to the top please!!!
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2003, 05:25 AM   #11
dah66
Warrior

Letters do matter. I started having trouble accessing the sci fi bulletin board when I started urging people to write letters requesting a prequel/continuation. Some of those posts have been removed from that board.

I just mailed off another batch of letters and some of my coworkers are doing the same!!!

Now is the time to make a difference.
dah66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2003, 08:33 AM   #12
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Posted my letter to Mr Diller today. £3.77 well spent.

Peter
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2003, 02:41 PM   #13
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
Richard Hatch

*bump*