Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old June 6th, 2003, 03:28 PM   #1
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Default Follow-up on my BG web site departure (from Michael Faries)

Hi everyone,

I'd like to announce that Nathan Proia (of BattlestarGalacticaClub.com fame) has accepted the role of webmastering my former BG web sites.

Nathan has a daunting task ahead of him, incorporating BattlestarGalactica.com and BattlestarPegasus.com content into his established uber-site, BattlestarGalacticaClub.com. You will be seeing the continuation of BattlestarGalactica.com, though, under his care.

I will be sending content from the former sites to him next week; a new web host will be sought; and domains will need to be migrated to new name servers. There may be some downtime incurred, but the legacy will continue under new management.

BattlestarPegasus.com will not be relaunching at this time; I'm opting to keep my domain closed at this time. As I mentioned, Nathan will cannibalize whatever he can from that former site into his own. That means the BG models/meshes and artwork, for example, will still be publicly available.

Congratulations to Nathan, who will be working to continue the homage to the Original "Battlestar Galactica" series, plus updating Richard Hatch's official site and the Great War of Magellan web site.

Thank you, Nathan.

Michael
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2003, 04:03 PM   #2
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Thumbs up Yes. Absolutely yes.

Absolutely YES, Darrell. Please continue to do so.

You'll want to pull BattlestarPegasus.com from the portal page of ColonialFleets.com and substitute either BattlestarGalactica.com and/or BattlestarGalacticaClub.com. Do talk with Nathan, too, about the alliance. You and Don definitely have my blessing.

Nathan will also keep the "Rag Tag Fleet Network" alive and kicking. (The network of sites supporting BG art and modeling.)

Michael
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2003, 04:32 PM   #3
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Default A "re-post" from CA

Michael,

I, too, am saddened to hear that you're leaving. You have been a beacon of hope for those who want to see the TRUE Battlestar Galactica return in all of her glory. But, I can understand that your priorities have changed and admire the courage that you are showing in dealing with them.

May the Lord bless you and your family with many, many years of happiness and good health.

Remember, my friend, the door is always OPEN. Please visit with us when you have a chance.

You'll be missed but, not forgotten!

May the Lords of Kobol be with you,

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2003, 09:31 PM   #4
cdlegend
Shuttle Pilot

Wink Michael Faries' Departure

Hi Everyone -
I haven't posted in a while at Colonial Fleet and have missed everyone, but I shall not miss anyone as much as I shall miss MIchael! YOU, my friend, have been a ray of hope in a totally black sea with no REAL Galactica. You have been not just a dutiful webmaster, you have become my friend. May God Bless you and your family, and please know that if you ever need anything, you have a lot of greatful fans and friends who would be more than happy to come to your call.
I say that this is not good-bye - but so-long for now. You are in our hearts! And remember - you still owe me a hug!
Kobolian Blessings
Charlene
Official Regional Chair serving florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennesee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, DC, Maryland, and Deleware For Battlestar Fan Club: http://www.battlestarfanclub.com/ Galacticon 2003! http://www.galacticonevents.com/ Rag Tag Fleet! http://www.rag-tag-fleet.com
cdlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2003, 12:14 AM   #5
jjrakman

Now just because your retiring as webmaster, does not mean you can't visit here once in a while to visit. Hope to see you here often...
Old June 7th, 2003, 01:20 AM   #6
StarshipTrooper
Bad Email Address

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Admin
BattlestarGalacticaClub.com

Exclamation Thanks & Changes

Hi,

I'm not going to be maintaining the 3 web sites-- BattlestarGalactica.com, RichardHatch.com, and GreatWarOfMagellan.com. This is due mainly to conflict of interest, and also having underestimated the size of the source code of each site. I've contacted Richard Hatch and Michael Faries regarding this. I also recommended Darrell Lawrence of ColonialFleets.com (for his graphical and organizational expertise) and Chris Feehan of BattlestarFanClub.com (for his experience coding a large content-driven web site). Best of wishes to Michael Faries, and I hope that he can still visit the online forums from time to time.

Regards,

Nathan
StarshipTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2003, 04:54 PM   #7
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Michael,

You will be sorely missed, it because of your actions I am here and have stayed. Please stay in touch and let us know how you are doing, you count my friend.

Robert
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2003, 09:48 PM   #8
Orrin_73
Shuttle Pilot

Default We wont forget you

and your dedication to BSG wich was a beacon of hope for us.
Thanks for everything Michael.

Orrin
Orrin_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2003, 07:56 PM   #9
cdlegend
Shuttle Pilot

Default Michael's departure

Hi folks,

Although he will be missed, Michael has chosen a path he must follow. Now, we must follow a separate path without him physically here, but know he will always be a huge part of Galactica.

We are faced with a new beginning. The powers that are running the fan club as well as the websites are now, as we speak, making plans to troop ahead. We have a convention to do in October and a mini series to ruin for our not so good friend Ronald Moore.

We will carry on - we will go the distance - and we will win this fight even when it looks the blackest because we cannot take this cause twenty five years into today and just leave it. Ron Moore should not frighten he true fans of Galactica- those who have seen the twenty-five years through. The same fans who fifty years from now who will sing the praises of a great story and woderful cast.

We've lost so many on the way... Lorren Greene, John Colicos - they supported Galactica until the end. It is up to all of us to pick up the flag on the battle field and keep going!

So, it is farewell to our friend Michael for now. But let's do him proud and keep the flames going.. keep the synergy building, keep the club growing...

Launching all Vipers!
Charlene
Official Regional Chair serving FLorida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, D.C., and Deleware for Battlestar Fan Club : http://www.battlestarfanclub.com/ Galacticon 2003! http://www.galacticonevents.com/
cdlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2003, 05:50 AM   #10
dah66
Warrior

Michael,

The best part of belonging to an on-line community is making friends.

I am very proud to consider you my friend.

Thank you for all that you have done. Now, take care of yourself.

You and your family are in my prayers. You will be missed.

Dave
dah66 is offline   Reply With Quote