Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old January 27th, 2005, 06:20 PM   #31
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kingjason
Thunder, thunder, THUNDER!

Thundercats Hooooooooooo...............!!! Oops wrong kind of cats..

Heh take it easy Muffit!

KJ
LOL LordKingJason!!
And thanks!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2005, 05:02 AM   #32
Lara
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
My vet recommends Science Diet and, while the bit about vets wanting your pets unhealthy was very funny, this vet has never steered me wrong. The food has high protein content (including meat) and most pets seem to like it.
Our cats eat Hills, too. Theres a lot of different types in their range, from fur ball fixit (with added oil) through to dental shapes (that our cats don't like), as well as kitten food and adult and senior mixes. Our white Russian, Alex, loves the chicken better than wet food, and second only to Mum's canned tuna!

And I've got to defend my dear brother in law, who is a 'small animal' vet (a pet vet..) and who was the one who put us on to Hills. He feeds it to his animals, becos its really one of the best for high protein/ low K content.
The people bonus if your cats are insiders (like ours are) is the litter tray is not a horrible problem to deal with like if your cat is on cereal based or wet foods.

Good luck with the kitty moggs, Muffit. That you care so much and love them heaps goes a long way. Cats know these things...

Cheers,
Lara
Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2005, 06:35 AM   #33
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Lara!!

Things are going great now with the cats . The shy one is shy no more (or at least rarely), and is out and about most of the day and night. In fact, the cat tree we bought, even though it has 3 levels, only really has enough room for one cat on the top shelf. Of course, cats only WANT the top shelf. SO what did our 2 cats do?

I found them cuddled together on that top shelf the other day. Too cool. (We had moved it to the back French door so they could look out at all the critters in our foresty backyard, and they LOVE it).

We found some much cheaper (and probably healthier) cat foods also. And a dry food that they really like. Plus they have this faux milk which is a big hit. Our pet stores have an abundance of great toys too. We got them 2 different robotic mice, and one of those new mouse "turntable" things - which drives them crazy with delight.

All in all, we're a big happy family now. Thanks so much all of you for your help!

Affectionately,
Muffit
Old February 1st, 2005, 09:11 AM   #34
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Now shall we move on to litter?

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2005, 09:27 AM   #35
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo Girl
Now shall we move on to litter?
Ah yes FG!

I found a fly in the litterbox this morning. I strongly urged it to comply with the words:
"Don't be a litterbug!!"

I haven't seen it since, so perhaps it has taken it to heart