Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 19th, 2004, 12:05 PM   #1
Antelope

Default One family - two forums

The last few days I started to see a return of the bad days of people attacking each other over the mini. Colonial fleets did a good job making two great forums in an attempt I believe to stop the cycle of negative attacks on one side or the other.

I wish we could leave the negative comments on the mini, SCIFI, etc. to the "bad and the ugly" forum.

I don't think pro-mini people need to try to rub salt in the wounds of anti-mini people on the "bad and the ugly forum". We can talk positively on the "good" forum.

Aaron Douglas is a guest in our house we need to treat him as such.

I look at this like a big family. If my brother had a kid I didn't approve of I might mention something to him once when we were out together but after that I would leave him alone. I certainly wouldn't go over to his house and yell at him when ever I was fired up.

If Colonial fleets ever makes a BSG1980 forum I promise to focus on the few things I actually liked about the series. I am sure sure berating the series would be like preaching to the choir.
Old January 19th, 2004, 12:48 PM   #2
larocque6689
Warrior

Default Re: One family - two forums

This is slightly off-topic.

http://www.kobol.com/archives/interviews/colicos.html

"I have two young female fans in the Antelope Valley," Colicos explains. "I have no idea how they tracked me down, but they keep sending me stories with Baltar as the hero and lovely drawings. They've idealized me terribly and taken 60 pounds off me."

One of them - if I remember correctly - was a member of the old BSG-Theme list in the mid-1990s and admitted to having a bumper sticker which read "Baltar was framed".
Old January 19th, 2004, 02:49 PM   #3
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

"Baltar was framed?

ROTFLMAO

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2004, 06:48 PM   #4
SAR Pilot
Bad Email Address

Default Re: One Family

Antelope I couldn't agree with you more! I have been trying to say the same thing for the past month, but you have said it in a much better format than I have.
Keep it up!
SAR Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote