Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old May 21st, 2003, 09:23 PM   #1
ChrisPappas
Keeper of BG stuff!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner
ChrisPappas.com

Default Teen type magazines

Has anyone made an accounting of which issues of the teen type magazines (Tiger Beat, 16, etc.) have good pictures of the Galactica actors in costume? If you have any tips, please email me at Chris@ChrisPappas.com.

Chris
ChrisPappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2003, 10:06 PM   #2
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

In costume, huh? In the ones I remember of Dirk, he was barely in clothes, much less in costume!

Hang on- I have some of Richard's photos here to scan for him- there's a good one of him and Zac. I'll scan that one and send it to you if you PM me an addy.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2003, 12:34 PM   #3
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

I know there was an issue of "Dynamite" I think Scholastic Book Club published it, and I seem to remember it having a centerfold poster of Dirk & Richard in costume. Unfortunately I seem to remember throwing that out a few years back. Have you checked with TracyB? Skippercollecto might have some stuff too from back then.
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2003, 10:56 AM   #4
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default dynamite

Julie,
I'm way ahead of you. I already wrote to Chris the other day and told him some of what I have. And, yes, I have a copy of "Dynamite." Believe it or not, I found a copy of it for sale in the old Western Hills Plaza Woolworth store in with the children's magazines--about 1985!
Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2003, 10:12 PM   #5
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Now THAT proves that Woolworth's never knew what they had! 6 years to clearance something! Ah the serendipity of clearance racks--my favorite shopping happens in them.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2003, 02:38 PM   #6
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default entertainment weekly

Chris,
I tried emailing a photo to you but couldn't get it to go anywhere, so I'm just leaving you a message here. I added another file to my files at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/battle...acticarecroom/
It's under the 2001 articles. You may already have the hard copy yourself. If not, you can look at the photo and see if you need this one too. Entertainment Weekly did a look back at Galactica in its Sept. 21, 2001, issue, and the photo at the top is one I had never seen before.
Mary
Old June 4th, 2003, 08:23 AM   #7
LadyImmortal
Bad Email Address

I just found a book I've saved since I was twelve that has tons of articles from those teen magazines with pictures of my boys in them. I couldn't tell you what magazines for sure they're from but I know I collected Teen Beat, Tiger Beat and... there's a couple whose names I can't remember. I got some of them from Starlog Mag too...

--Rhonda
LadyImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2003, 10:14 AM   #8
ChrisPappas
Keeper of BG stuff!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner
ChrisPappas.com

Mary, thank you. I did receive your email and replied.

Rhonda, would you be able to scan some of the pictures from your scrapbook?

Chris
ChrisPappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2003, 05:05 PM   #9
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default to rhonda and warrior

Rhonda,
I am assuming that what you mean by "books" are scrapbooks. I have a number of scrapbooks with articles of people I've admired (not just Galactica) dating back to the mid-70s. Unfortunately, they are really starting to deteriorate, and I suspect that 20 years from now they will have all turned to dust. I am scanning some of them onto the Internet, but it takes a long time!

Warrior,
Yes, you can copy those articles from the Yahoo group and add them here. I am a member of another Yahoo group, called Richard Hatch Fans, and there are other articles there too. But they're not necessarily BG.

Mary
Old June 5th, 2003, 02:49 PM   #10
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default to warrior

Which home page and where will I find the photos?
Were you able to move/upload/cute and paste (whatever the term is!) the photos and articles from Yahoo to the home page?
Mary