Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old August 21st, 2003, 05:26 PM   #1
BSG_Sci_FiPulse
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
SciFiPulse.net

Wink Hatch Bringing 25 year celebrations to the UK

As you all know, many of the UK members of these boards were dissapointed last year, when Richard Hatch was councelled by the orgonisers of the Cult TV Festival. I chatted the organiser of the convention last year, and the reason Hatch was councelled was due to financial difficulties.

However to make up for the dissapointment, and to insure that Hatch will be there this year, a fan group has paid for Richard to attend this years cult tv festival which will be held in the Sandbay Holiday village. So if you are one of the fans that missed out last year, why not complete your signiture collection and go and see Richard at the cult Tv festival.

For more information pertaining to the Festival which is a full weekend event that starts on the 10 October, and finishes on the 13. Go to (http://www.cult.tv) and look at the all star line up. Richard tells me that he will be there for the whole weekend.

Alex who organises the Cult Tv Festival has told me that places are actually running out, so you will need to get you place booked and fast.

Yes I know it is a shameless plug but I am the one that has to live with it.
BSG_Sci_FiPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2003, 01:00 PM   #2
Ian_W359
Warrior

Thumbs up Yo!

Hi y'all. Just got back from Cult TV in Weston Super Mare - it was great.

Richard Hatch had an hour-long slot for his talk, and after a few frantic minutes of flash photography, he proceeded to talk about the 're-imagining' and possibilities for a continuation, his motivational seminars & his work on the two trailers. He also abandoned the normal practice at this kind of event to sit on the sofas - preferring to stand at the front of the stage, being really dynamic!

Onto the trailers (which took up a large portion of the hour) - the first was the trailer.... 'Battlestar Galactica - The Second Coming'... which I thought was absolutely stunning - I could feel a shiver crawl up my spine as it began... It got what could be best described as a partial standing ovation (because at a convention like this you'll have both fans of the show & non-fans - but I stood up!!!). The second was his trailer for 'The Great War of Magellan' which was good and definitely showed promise.

Richard also had a selection of photos for sale throughout most of the weekend for signing, and I had two pictures taken with him, two because on the first shot, he thought he might have blinked!

Also, during the awards ceremony on the Saturday night, he proposed a toast to himself before one of the awards!!!

To sum up, although he was but one of many guests, Richard's appearance was one of my highlights of the weekend.

Ian_W359
Ian_W359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2003, 01:21 PM   #3
amberstar
Strike Leader

Sounds like it was amazing! You are truly lucky!
Thanks for sharing,

Amber
Old October 13th, 2003, 01:40 PM   #4
Ian_W359
Warrior

Yeah, It was but a small part of the weekend, but as the saying goes - "It was worth the entrance fee alone!"....

Can I just add my compliments & kudos to all who worked on the two trailers, their work really is top notch...... Drinks all round!!!!

Ian_W359
Old October 13th, 2003, 03:10 PM   #5
BSG_Sci_FiPulse
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
SciFiPulse.net

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting this. Unfortanatley due to family hassles, I was unable to make it to the weekend. So althought have spoken to Richard on the Phone a few times, I am yet to get an opportunity to meet him.

If you do not mind, I will be posting elements of your report at Sci Fi Pulse, if you would like, maybe you could produce a more thought through report when you get chance, explaining your take on what Richard had to say about the re-imagination vs continuation dabate, or something to that effect.

Anyway I have to cut this short, because am behind on my updates.

Yes I know it is a shameless plug but I am the one that has to live with it.
BSG_Sci_FiPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2003, 12:31 PM   #6
Ian_W359
Warrior

Just to let everyone know that pictures of Richard at Cult TV can be seen at http://www.eclectic21.co.uk. Click on the 'Cult TV 2003' link.

Please note that the pictures are copyrighted.

Ian_W359