Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old July 18th, 2002, 02:10 PM   #1
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default The Living Legend

Hi all,
I did read the novel tie in and thought that it was very good. It was more orientated towards grown-ups. It is the first time that Starbuck curses in English. As he presses the Turbo button and his ship flies down the launch tube he says, "S___T." Get the picture. There is also talk of sex. Starbuck makes a wager with Sheba about the up-coming mission they are going on. The loser will have to have sex with the winner. The prologe starts off with Troy reading a log written by the late Commander Adama. It tells him the story of the Pegasus and Commander Cain. It also tells of how Adama thought Apollo had been lost only to be returned safely. The reader also learns that Serina found Troy and that both of his parents were killed in the sneak attack on Caprica. Finally the novel doesn't even reveal the fate of the Pegasus or Commander Cain.

Regards,
Paul
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2002, 07:39 AM   #2
Afan2
Bad Email Address

But Sheba is clever enough not to take the wager. I think that part is in the TV episode as well.
Some things were different in the novels. In the TV show, Serina was Boxey's real mother.
Regards.
Afan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2002, 07:41 AM   #3
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Old November 11th, 2002, 08:03 AM   #4
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Old November 11th, 2002, 10:55 AM   #5
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

I got the impression that Apollo had been lost and returned once (OK I can think of a few times, most involving lightships that this happened, but that the Adama log at the beginning was to be heard by Troy, only if he succeeded Adama as Commander of the Galactica. It also implied Apollo died or went MIA when Boxey was very young still. (I got miffed at Glen at this point, glad the books are not Canon for this issue if no other reason!)
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2002, 02:03 PM   #6
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

I really like this book. I think I've read it the most out of the adaptions.

I prefer to think Apollo is MIA, working for the Guardians of the Universe. In the unfilmed G'80 script the Wheel of Fire, Starbuck is aboard the Lightship, but before Troy can ask him, Starbuck sends Troy back on his mission to stop a Cylon ship that has accidentally followed Xaviar's Viper back into Biblical times.

Btw, this script is really good!

Peter
Old November 12th, 2002, 02:05 PM   #7
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Hi,
The best place for all of the info on the show is http://www.blast.net/hart/Sheba.htm

Paul
Old January 4th, 2003, 03:11 PM   #8
DarkApprentice

Default Living Legend

Liked this one also, nice detail in back history here and there. for example when Cassiopea and Cain first met.