Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old October 16th, 2003, 02:57 PM   #61
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

OMG My Belle is exactly that color!
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2003, 12:49 PM   #62
winterrose
Galactica's Space Angel

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
BG & LotR Forum

I have six cats,four adults and two kittens. their names are, Dinker.Dirty harry,Morris,Fiesty,Cracker Jack and Gracie.I also raise and show Fox Hounds, I will not name them all we have 20 of them ,but my pops I am training now is Pearl and Katie,yes I name Katie after me!LOL

Have you seen my viper I forgot where I park it !

Parking tickets i laugh at them..Hahahaha

Come join Battlestar Orion or Battlestar Galactica Club II a new forum all is welcome New and old Battlestar Galactica fans....
winterrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2003, 08:46 AM   #63
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I have a dog named Katie too...
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2003, 04:27 PM   #64
winterrose
Galactica's Space Angel

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
BG & LotR Forum

Great Name!LOL

Have you seen my viper I forgot where I park it !

Parking tickets i laugh at them..Hahahaha

Come join Battlestar Orion or Battlestar Galactica Club II a new forum all is welcome New and old Battlestar Galactica fans....
winterrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #65
Excalibur
On Vacation...

Battlestar Galactica 2004

OK! Get ready for this.

A little over 10 years ago, I got a kitten after watching "The Lion King" and named him Simba of course. He is still kickn' at my dad's house, because my sister didn't really want to give him up.

A year or so later I got a Collie. She was my baby. I named her Majie, short for Majestic. A couple of years ago, she was having health problems, so I set up an appointment with the vet. The day before the appointment she started acting real funny, and that morning, she couldn't get up on her own.

I took her in, and they took a blood sample. It wouldn't clot. Her blood was almost clear. She had very little red blood cells left. Apparently she had gotten into some rat poison, or she had anemia. They could run more tests to find out, but the fact was she was going to die soon, and there wasn't anything they could do about it.

I cried all the way home, broke the news to my sister, and brother, to which they cried too. Majie had been part of the family for nearly 8 years.

It was only 10 hours after the news was broke to me, that my little girl took her last breath.

I was devastated. And the last thing I was thinking about, was getting another dog. At least not right away. But, my dogs death was effecting someone else more. My sister still lives with my dad across the drive from me, both houses on the same farm I have always lived on. She has a Basset named Remi (Red and White). When my dog died, he stopped eating. He was always depressed. It was so sad.

Two weeks went by. My sister noticed Collie pups in the paper, but I knew I had not the money to afford an AKC pup right then. She offered to loan me the money, so I called.

This is where fate comes in. I called the number, and asked if we could come see the pups. She gave me the address, and right away I knew this was meant to be. The address was on the same road I had bought my first Collie on 8 years prior.

As it turned out, the litter belonged to the daughter of the women I had gotten Majie from. I knew right away which pup was mine, also just like Majie. I named Jessie, also short for Majestic. It turns out Majie's sire was Jessie's great grand sire, or something like that.

Jessie has been a great addition to the family, and she cheered Remi up, as much as she cheered up me. Both Jessie and Majie are/were sable and white.

There is more pets in the house though. Buckles you seat belts.

I have 8 indoor cats.

OK! I can explain!

In the spring of 2001, I noticed the sounds of kittens mewing in the loft out in one of the barns. The mother had been killed that morning, so I took the four kittens in. Their eyes were just starting to open, so every 4 hours I bottle fed them, and took care of them until they were old enough to start taking care of themselves. They are still around today. Names are Casper (All black cat), Ezri mostly white with black. And, Blade and Star. These two are almost identical. Both black cats with white paws. Blade has a white stripe on his nose, and Star has a white spot on his nose, and a black spot on one of his white paws.

Next came Inky, a long haired black cat, and Riley, a short haired yellow tiger with white legs, chest, and nose. They belonged to an elderly neighbor, who has health problems, and decided she wasn't going to be able to take care of a couple of kittens, so she asked if I could. I can never say no.

Then came another dropped off pregnant cat. My dad hates cats, and yet loved this one. She gave birth out in the barn to a litter, that we couldn't get too. They grew up wild, all except one kitten. But, one day we noticed one of the wild kittens had something wrong with it's left eye. With some patients, we caught her. She wasn't happy.

We took her to the vet. They told us that an ulcer had eaten thru her eye ball, and what we were seeing was a bubble of what was supposed to be on the inside, now on the outside. We paid to have her eye removed. When we went back to pick her up, she was no longer the same kitten. She couldn't get enough attention. Vet said that the pain she must have been in, she had to feel like a totally different cat. Due to the medicine we were going to be having to give the kitten, she too was now going to be an indoor cat. She was the lucky one. Her siblings and mother were either killed in the drive, or took off, and never seen again.

She was so sweet, I took to calling her Sweetie, and it stuck. She still can't get enough attention.

The latest addition came this summer. I was going over to my cousins house to take care of their cat while they were gone on vacation, and out behind their house I heard a kitten crying. After going home to get my brother and sister, and about 40 minutes of running back and forth through weeds and wild berry bushes, we got ahold of this kitten.

He was literally nothing but skin and bones. He was so sad. His long yellow hair, all matted and everything. We went and grabbed some kitten chow, and some wet food, and that little guy went to town.

We couldn't agree on a name for him. We were going with Copper, but not really feeling right about it. Then we went to watch "I, Robot." We came to the scene in the movie where we find out Sonny's name. We all looked at each other, and all knew we were thinking the same thing. Sonny is growing fast, and like the rest of our cats, he wants attention all the time.

I remember having cats as a kid, that didn't want anything to do with anyone, and now we have 8 cats who want attention all the time.

As a matter of fact. We have one cat, Riley, who loves strangers, and that includes strange dogs. It doesn't matter what kind of dog comes to visit, this cat comes running to meet them.

Yesterday, a guy came to replace the hard drives in my computer, coming to you from my brothers right now, and Riley wouldn't leave the guy alone.

I have learned one lesson from all of this. Don't say, "No more cats!" because every time I do, another one shows up.
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #66
Rowan
On Vacation...

((((((((((((((Excalibur)))))))))))))) LOL someone went digging through the archives!! what a softie!! I have 2 dogs we rescued from the pound and *cough cough* 7 indoor cats I'm afraid I have the same rescue bug as you do LOL.
The cats are called Emma Jean, Roo, Little Guy, Tristan, Jasper, Maggie and Squirt. and the dogs came with their own names which I kept Nemo and Patches.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 07:54 PM   #67
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Wow Excalibur, 8 cats!! That's amazing.

Speaking of cats, after many, many long years of abstinence (from pets, not you know ), today this daggit finally gave in and adopted, not one, but TWO cats -- half-grown kittens actually. A daggit with cats -- I can never go home to Daggitopia again!!!

We dubbed them Professor Miller and Doctor Guk...
Will have some pics for you later!!

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 03:27 AM   #68
bsg1fan1975
Major

well I have fish. My male siamese fighting fish I have in the container he came in for Xmas. He was a gift from me mom. The stupid fish at least once a day tries to bury himself in the rocks in his container. So I either have to move the rocks to free him or agitate the container to help him free himself. I got so exasperated with him one time that I named him s$%#head!

And next to his container I have a nice five gallon tank of fish. Their names are Lucifer,Baltar,Athena,Sheba,Boomer,Jolly,Apollo, Starbuck. I have Black neons, Zebra Danios, Glow lite tetras and Spotted Corys. Can't tell if I have male or female as its very hard to tell with these kind.

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 05:17 AM   #69
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

I grew up in a house with at least one dog and at one time up to 28 cats! (My mom & stepdad were suckers for fuzzy faces!)

I now have my own home and have restrained myself a bit. At the moment it is 2 cats and two dogs, but in the spring it will be three dogs. My Shepherd mix is getting old & lame & can't play with the German Shorthaired Pointer (GSP) pup the way he wants her to, so I contacted the GSP rescue and asked them to look for a female to keep my little guy company... hopefully they will drive each OTHER crazy and not double my craziness! If anyone is familiar with the breed, they are incredible, loyal, gentle, fun dogs, but they are also equipped with only two speeds: "off" and "full speed ahead". Combined with the fact that they are known as the practical jokers of the canine world, I will have my hands full.

The Shepherd mix is a rescue, I found her from a yahoo group called "Dogs Needing People" and agreed to take her sight unseen. When I showed up in southern Rhode Island to get her, she was an almost exact clone of the dog I grew up with, my sweet Katie, who died of cancer 4 years before. The only way to tell the two apart is that Keesha was fat and Katie's ears only stood up halfway. It was definitely meant to be, I felt a connection to her right away.

As to the cats, Itchy will be two in May and I am her third owner, she was found wandering the streets of the neighboring town and her two previous owners just couldn't keep her. She and the GSP enjoy an uneasy truce (as in, if you don't run from me, I won't play tag with you) and she loves the Shepherd. Smokey will be 17 in March and has had only one eye for about 15 years, but she is neither slow nor clumsy the way you would expect an ancient one-eyed pirate kitty to be. She is senile enough to occasionally forget that she doesn't like dogs and will lay down next to the Shepherd and rub up against her. When she remembers that she doesn't like dogs she will stand up quickly, smack the poor Shepherd on the nose and stalk away in a huff, leaving a bewildered dog staring after her, as if to say, "What did I ever do to you?!".

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 09:39 AM   #70
bsg1fan1975
Major

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
I grew up in a house with at least one dog and at one time up to 28 cats! (My mom & stepdad were suckers for fuzzy faces!)

I now have my own home and have restrained myself a bit. At the moment it is 2 cats and two dogs, but in the spring it will be three dogs. My Shepherd mix is getting old & lame & can't play with the German Shorthaired Pointer (GSP) pup the way he wants her to, so I contacted the GSP rescue and asked them to look for a female to keep my little guy company... hopefully they will drive each OTHER crazy and not double my craziness! If anyone is familiar with the breed, they are incredible, loyal, gentle, fun dogs, but they are also equipped with only two speeds: "off" and "full speed ahead". Combined with the fact that they are known as the practical jokers of the canine world, I will have my hands full.

The Shepherd mix is a rescue, I found her from a yahoo group called "Dogs Needing People" and agreed to take her sight unseen. When I showed up in southern Rhode Island to get her, she was an almost exact clone of the dog I grew up with, my sweet Katie, who died of cancer 4 years before. The only way to tell the two apart is that Keesha was fat and Katie's ears only stood up halfway. It was definitely meant to be, I felt a connection to her right away.

As to the cats, Itchy will be two in May and I am her third owner, she was found wandering the streets of the neighboring town and her two previous owners just couldn't keep her. She and the GSP enjoy an uneasy truce (as in, if you don't run from me, I won't play tag with you) and she loves the Shepherd. Smokey will be 17 in March and has had only one eye for about 15 years, but she is neither slow nor clumsy the way you would expect an ancient one-eyed pirate kitty to be. She is senile enough to occasionally forget that she doesn't like dogs and will lay down next to the Shepherd and rub up against her. When she remembers that she doesn't like dogs she will stand up quickly, smack the poor Shepherd on the nose and stalk away in a huff, leaving a bewildered dog staring after her, as if to say, "What did I ever do to you?!".
sounds like you got an interesting bunch there.

Old January 7th, 2005, 10:14 AM   #71
cranky1c
Warrior

Three cats, one dog, 5-6 fish (still investigating what one cat was doing near the fish tank this morning.)
cranky1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 11:00 AM   #72
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky1c
Three cats, one dog, 5-6 fish (still investigating what one cat was doing near the fish tank this morning.)
Ooh! Cranky!! A friend after my own heart!! Is that a picture of the loveable Ren Hoek??? I was SO happy when they released all the Ren And STimpy eps on DVD!!

And yep, I am wearing my unwashed liederhosen and reciting the oath...
Old January 7th, 2005, 11:22 AM   #73
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Growing up on a farm, we always had critters around, and they were always tame. At the highest count (during my lifetime, there have been more there before I was born) We had over a dozen dogs and more than 30 cats (all at the same time). But now that I live on my own and since my future is, at best, uncertain, I haven't got any.
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 11:23 AM   #74
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Double post
Old January 7th, 2005, 11:27 AM   #75
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel
But now that I live on my own and since my future is, at best, uncertain, I haven't got any.

Hi Archangel! Do I detect a note of sadness(?) Sure hope all is well with you - remember all your friends are always here for you!

Old January 7th, 2005, 11:32 AM   #76
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
Hi Archangel! Do I detect a note of sadness(?) Sure hope all is well with you - remember all your friends are always here for you!

Thanks, Muffit.

As a token of my appreciation here is a modified nursery rhyme that me father taught me as a child.

Little Miss Muffit
Sat on her tuffit (what the hell is that anyway )
Eating her curds and whey
Along came a spider
and sat down beside her
so she took her spoon
and beat the snot out of it.

(The snot is the modification. )
Old January 7th, 2005, 11:36 AM   #77
bsg1fan1975
Major

cute Arch! I love it so much I am

Old January 7th, 2005, 11:53 AM   #78
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel
Thanks, Muffit.

As a token of my appreciation here is a modified nursery rhyme that me father taught me as a child.

Little Miss Muffit
Sat on her tuffit (what the hell is that anyway )
Eating her curds and whey
Along came a spider
and sat down beside her
so she took her spoon
and beat the snot out of it.

(The snot is the modification. )
Hey No killing spiders their my friends!!

Tuffet n.

1. A clump or tuft of grass.

2. A low seat, such as a stool.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 11:56 AM   #79
cranky1c
Warrior

The version my brother taught me went:

Little miss muffit
sat on her tuffet
drinking her gasoline

When along came a spider
with a cigarrette lighter
and blew her to smitherines.

-My brother is rather disturbed.
Old January 7th, 2005, 12:00 PM   #80
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

ROTFLMAO Archangel!!! You are too funny!!

And thanks for the tuffet definition Rowan!! Great find!!!
Hmm, curds and whey... sounds like something you'd feed a lab' horse...

Old January 7th, 2005, 12:03 PM   #81
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Quote:

Little miss muffit
sat on her tuffet
drinking her gasoline

When along came a spider

Nice!
But don't forget we have a Muffit here

Mine was kinder.
Old January 7th, 2005, 12:10 PM   #82
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:

Little miss muffit
sat on her tuffet
drinking her gasoline

When along came a spider

Eeks!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good one cranky!!
Guess I oughtta lay off the unleaded when I'm dining out...

Old January 7th, 2005, 12:17 PM   #83
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
Eeks!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good one cranky!!
Guess I oughtta lay off the unleaded when I'm dining out...

Switch to diesel fuel, it may explode under extreme pressure, but it's fumes won't. And as an added attraction, it has to contact flame to burn.
Old January 7th, 2005, 12:20 PM   #84
cranky1c
Warrior

I rather like our muffit, and my post was no comment on her. The sad truth is, my brother actually did tell me this rhyme as a kid.
Old January 7th, 2005, 12:27 PM   #85
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Well, like I said,the person who taught me mine was my father. And that's when my age was in the mid-single digits.
Old January 8th, 2005, 12:02 PM   #86
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Okeydoke!! Here's some pics!!

http://www.muffitland.com/Extra/prof2.jpg
This is Professor Miller (aka Squash) who's a real cutie and very fun loving!

http://www.muffitland.com/Extra/doc2.jpg
And this is Doctor "Bruce" Guk, who's really shy - had to snap him behind the washer!

P.S. -- Pay NO attention to that hideous floor in the bkgrnd; we just got here and haven't had a chance to change it to the much more attractive red oak hardwood yet... (blue walls, yellow floor, and green curtains - gee, what /are/ they thinking in Tennessee??? )!

Love and purrs,
Professor Miller, Doctor Guk, and a hideous monkey dog