Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 27th, 2003, 09:23 PM   #1
JSC1
Warrior

Default Bad news on Sci-Fi boards

AtlantiaViper posted that the remake was a done deal. He commented looking at the script from a desk and saw that it was a remake with no possibility of a prequel or a sequel.

He also says that the remake will succeed, and that a continuation would have only had a limited appeal.

I sure felt my heart break and my anger rise. Ron Moore has made more enemies than friends. Even Michael Faires has posted a reply or two in this thread, He also said that AtlantiaViper's source was Ron Moore himself, but AV says that that was not so, even though he had met Ron.

I'm half tempted to walk away from all this. No more posts, no more anything. Not on Sci-Fi boards, not on BSGclub forums, not even here. I'm not sure I should, but I really feel like I'm ready to put my guns in the ground, so to speak. Because I really can't shoot them anymore. I've done all I can do, and it doesn't seem to have done much good.

Anyone know if/when Viacom will by the Sci-Fi channel?
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2003, 09:34 PM   #2
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Atlantia Viper is not a reliable source, from all I've heard. His last big 'scoop' was retracted within a day, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2003, 09:39 PM   #3
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Heartbreaking news but it's Universal's stupid lost

I understand your anger, but i ain't your fault it's Ron Moore's. Making us feel like he was right and we were wrong. "Limited appeal" my ass! They would say the remake would succeed? where most have failed. It's their lost not mine. i feel like you ready to toss it all in.

But i ain't watching. Now instead of campaigns to revive BG continuation fans will go against it! School of making people watch your product 101, wasn't part of Universal Studios's trainning requirements. &*£$% 'em and their stupid brain dead "make a quick buck" remake garbage.

Personally i hope they invest too much money, so when it fails badly. Ron Moore and co can explain it all to the even more stupid TPTB how they lost and why it doesn't work.
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2003, 09:44 PM   #4
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default Here's a Quote from Former Fluff Boy David Eick.

There's more bad news.

Here's a Quote from Former Fluff Boy David Eick.

I will say nothing about this old series, and what a wonderful opportunity because all of us Battlestar Galactica fans after 25 years are going to really talk it up. Free advertising for Bonnie "Ratings Goddess" Hammer will of course love it. I will shout loudly...untill this masterpiece airs.

Nothing changes this fact Continuation=Old Disco Groupies+Young Nostalgic Fans

Moore Re-imagining=Young open-minded modern day science fiction fans.

LordStarFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2003, 09:46 PM   #5
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Default Not Yet JCS1

Unless the Mooron Re-Trashing is an absoulte smash hit I don't think this is over. Continuation won't be easy...what Battlestar fight has been? Some one will take this up and do it right.

If Atlantiaviper is right, I will say nothing about this production, and what a shame because all of us Battlestar Galactica fans after 25 years would have really talked it up. Free advertising Bonnie "broomstick" Hammer would of loved it. I will stay silent...untill this mess is over. Remember there is no such thing as bad publicity inHollywood

Nothing changes this fact Continuation=Original Fan Base+Young New Fans

Moore Re-Trashing=Young Disguntled Trekkies.

Continue to lurk, make sure we can get in touch with you...this is not over.

"yes, we will fight back not here, not now, not even on this board. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survives..."
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2003, 09:59 PM   #6
jjrakman

Default I will eat my own feces

before I watch the Moore-Ron catastrophe. Someone hopefully will clue us in as to what advertisers to boycott so I don't have to endure that programming sewage.
Old March 27th, 2003, 10:27 PM   #7
KJ
Strike Leader

Better look at my post on sci-fi before they remove it. i won't go as far to eat feces but, strong opinions came out which had to be said, since this is the final news about the remake with their people wanting to actually going through with it.

Heston said in "Planet of the Apes" it was a madhouse! obviously he never dealt with executives, writers and Sci-fi channel owners like these.

Remakes a coming, but we won't watch. Hope E! Entertainment take it apart when it comes out. Hope the E! crew are fans of the original to boot.
Old March 27th, 2003, 11:12 PM   #8
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Not Yet JCS1

Quote:
Originally posted by Sept17th
"yes, we will fight back not here, not now, not even on this board. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survives..."
I have an idea but I need someone with research time. And yes, our silence may be our best weapon, different tactic for a different phase. If you need something to do, PM me.

How goes the Fanforce site?

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2003, 08:21 AM   #9
JSC1
Warrior

Default Eick quote revealed to be sick joke

By none other than SWClonekiller.

He's practically carrying on about how smart he is and how we all fell for his joke.

Banning this asshole is doing no good there. he is deliberately trying to anger and provoke people with his juvenile antics.

He needs to be careful, or someone may decide to do something, as C-3PO would say...rather rash.
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2003, 08:56 AM   #10
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Hah SWCK

SWClonekiller like Languatron before him, is a loser of epic proportions. His attacks are lame and his jokes about false news could be done by anyone online? So no, i see him as a royal pain but not threating. He is a "internet nerd" giving SW fans a bad name nothing more. We've been on the sci-fi channel boards long enough to put up with anyone or anything.

Soon as my time online is finished, i go back to the real world and face the problems there. SWClonekiller is some sad sack somewhere thinking he is a Dr Doom type of villain but is more or less in reality a harmless weakling who takes advantage of the internet's "Troll others, cause disturbance and disrupt discussions with no points" tired routine etc etc.

If we put up with langua- (HE who shall not be named!) we can certainly get on with are lives without worring about a lame ass duck like SWCK.

KJ

SWClonekiller hah, if the nerd is named after a cloned Stormtrooper. Then all we have to do is hire a couple of Ewoks from Jedi and his ass is grass simple enough!

Later people
Old March 28th, 2003, 08:57 AM   #11
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default How Is The Question

Most of the roles have yet to be cast. Shooting film would be a waste of money IMHO.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2003, 07:40 PM   #12
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Quote:
Originally posted by Micheleh
Atlantia Viper is not a reliable source, from all I've heard. His last big 'scoop' was retracted within a day, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote