Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Colonial Library
Notices
Colonial Library Grab a glass of ambrosa and wrap yourself around stories, written by residents of our little corner of the universe!

Old July 18th, 2003, 10:06 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Default Snow Cones and BSG

One of the strange things about being a kid is that life seems to go on forever. A handful of hours might seem like a lifetime.

My mom used to leave the three of us at the community center/park so we wouldn't be standing around bored while she was shopping. We would stay there oh, probably 6 hours or so. There were things to do, like an abandoned jet plane and swings and such, but mostly we just got awfully hungry watching the other kids walk around on the steaming hot days with their snow cones.

For you see, we were lucky if we ever had any money, and if we did, it was invariably a nickel apiece. And at the snack bar snow cones were an inconceivable 15 cents each. We would stand nearby drooling as they made them for other kids, cherry and lime sparingly dribbled on the refreshing-looking shaved ice. Our only hope was to pool our money betwixt the three of us and then we could share a cone. Yeah like that's gonna happen. We were kids after all and 2 miniature bites of a cone when your siblings are hogging the best part just made it so unappealing a thought. So invariably we went away with a nickel's worth of licorice. Yuck. I got so sick of licorice over those many summers I hate it to this day.

And now, so many summers having passed me quickly by, my spouse surprised me with a snow cone maker. Delighted, I make myself cones 2 or 3 times a day. And I /never/ spare the topping!

So what does this have to do with BSG? By now you know I have an analogy. Why, it's the advent of the new DVD set of the original! For 25 years I've been choking down licorice and now I can have all the BSG I want! Any time I want! That's so much like my snow cone maker I just had to share it with you my BSG friends. Richard and Dirk and Maren and Laurette all day every day. What could be better than that.

Well, maybe a snow cone dripping on my shirt while I watch…

Affectionately,
Muffit

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2003, 10:14 PM   #2
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Muffit, you've done it again. Even Mrs. Dawg thought that was wonderful.

She says that having a like childhood (sharing one box of popcorn among three, taking one piece at a time), you've put a smile on her face.

Thanks.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2003, 10:41 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks so much to you and your Mrs, Dawg Always makes me so happy when others can equate with my silly ramblings

Old July 18th, 2003, 10:47 PM   #4
Senmut
Strike Leader

Did you get those snow cones at the Arcta Circle?
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2003, 12:42 AM   #5
jjrakman

So muffit, I guess your not a big fan of Jaegermeister, as I say coming back from the goth bar.
Old July 19th, 2003, 10:25 AM   #6
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Senmut! Hi Jjrakman! Thanks for reading!