COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Space 1999 DVD Sale Megaset

repost from tvshowsondvd.com:

Site News - Exclusive A&E Offer - 20% off anything
Posted by Gord Lacey
3/02/2005

A&E is offering our readers 20% off ANYTHING in their store, and they've also set up a new clearance store,

http://store.aetv.com/html/cat_prod_...equestid=76359

with savings of 50% on selected items. You can combine the 20% off, with the items already discounted by 50% for some huge savings!

You could get the complete Space 1999 set for $80 after using the 20% off coupon (it's already discounted by 50%).

http://store.aetv.com/html/cat_prod_...equestid=76359

What a deal, and they have lots of others.

Find the items you'd like to purchase, and then use this code at the checkout: ESAVE2 for the savings.

Start by checking out the items at the clearance store, and then shop for some other items.

Link to this page:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3033

All news for this show:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shownews.cfm?ShowID=4873
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2005, 02:29 PM   #2
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

Outstanding, Paul.

Thanks for the info!
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2005, 03:08 PM   #3
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Oh, sure....

NOW, they put it on sale!

I've had the entire set, including the bonus disk with "Message From Moonbase Alpha" for a number of years now.

At least I've got my money's worth - and then some out of the set!

Soace:1999 Rocks!

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2005, 03:16 PM   #4
gmd3d
Major

Thumbs up

Space1999 is next on my list of DVDs to buy.

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 02:53 PM   #5
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

http://www.space1999.net/forum/index...t=0&#entry7909

Is this true?
Old March 3rd, 2005, 03:55 PM   #6
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Paul -

Is the post you're referring to, this one?

Quote:
To make a long story short, A&E's rights to 1999 (and many other ITC products) end within the next two years and it sounds like they will NOT be the future distributor thus they are obviously clearing out their stock so they don't get stuck with it.

Granada in the UK plans to release a fully restored 30th Anniversary "RED" dvd collection for Year One only by September 13, 1999 if all goes well. However, lack of interest by A&E means a North American release may not happen for a years if at all. The only drawback is the UK set would only be Region 2 in PAL so you would need a multi-region dvd player that converts PAL to NTSC.
If it is true (and the only way to be sure is to check with the distributors), it's not all that dire. If you read closely, the post is littered with words like "if", "may" and so on. It's all conjecture and unless I missed something, 9/13/99 has come and gone and the sets are still available. I have friends that have gone hog wild and bought not just the US release, but the UK and the Japanese releases as well just to make sure that they get all the extras and the "best" transfers. They have also gone out and spent the money on multi-region DVD players just to watch all of them.

I, for one, was quite pleased with the initial release. I bought it and enjoy watching the episodes, but I'm not looking for that "definitive" or "perfect" version to come out. How many times does an entire series need to be released on DVD to begin with?

I guess that I don't get all the hubbub and my Space:1999 DVD set keeps me warm with the memories of 1975 as it stands.

Unless you have more specific concerns that I missed, you might want to say what it is exactly what's on your mind.

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 05:12 PM   #7
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Yes that was the post. It would stink if they stopped marketing the dvds. I purchased all 8 sets seperately even before there was a Megaset to buy. Up until then fans were stuck with Columbia House which only offered 20 episodes, 10 vhs tapes. These episodes weren't even some of the greatest ones made. Missing were War Games, Bringers of Wonder, Dragon's Domain and so on.
Old March 6th, 2005, 01:32 PM   #8
Ian_W359
Warrior

The Gerry Anderson site 'Fanderson' has news that Network Video has made a deal with Granada to release a new remastered UK DVD edition of Space:1999, possibly later this year, as part of a package which covers more than 250 shows from the ITV archives.

http://www.fanderson.org.uk/news2.html#Network%20Video

http://www.networkdvd.co.uk/index.php

Ian W359
Ian_W359 is offline   Reply With Quote