Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old November 16th, 2003, 12:52 PM   #1
Faust
Shuttle Pilot

Default Why is it my favorite shows don't last long?

It seems like every time i find a new show I really like it only lasts a year or two. Twin Peaks was on for a year and a half and Dark Angel was on for two years and Battlestar Galactica was on for one year. It kinda sucks.

Oh Here's another thing I don't like doesn't have much to do with the post but why does my generation get stuck with Galacitca 1980 and a "reimagining" (just another word for remake) and the older generation gets the real battlestar galactica. I wish I were born a few years before 79!
Old November 16th, 2003, 07:42 PM   #2
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I have the same problem with new shows I like, very few of them seem to last.

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2003, 07:51 PM   #3
Stray Viper
Warrior

Default Firefly

Like Firefly *sniff* it was just a baby when it was taken from us. Anyone watching when they brought back the Fugitive? And it had such a different, exciting season finale. Why did they have to cancel it???

But some shows did last. X-Files, for example.
Old November 16th, 2003, 10:24 PM   #4
Senmut
Strike Leader

It's a plot.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2003, 10:51 PM   #5
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I got to see a pilot for a proposed series that never made it to air, and I thoroughly enjoyed it and wished it could have been made into a series, but no such luck.

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2003, 10:46 AM   #6
cobrastrikelead
Bad Email Address

Default I Know What You Mean

Take Threat Matrix (please, as the old line goes.) But I sorta like it. The concept is there for a highly skilled unit to tackle the biggest dangers to this country at any given moment (a little bit Mission-Impossible-ish.) And even the group of actors aren't that bad. But they could use some depth to the writing it at times. Most reveiws do not give it too long. If they stuck with it a couple seasons it might take off. But I shall not be holding my breath too long for that.
cobrastrikelead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2003, 11:17 AM   #7
jeditemple
Bad Email Address

On another note, there are quite a few shows that deserve a good beating. Was anyone surprised to see "Tarzan" go? How many of you watched the commercials for the fall line-up and said to yourself "Oh, man...that's going to suck so bad." And you were right!

Let's hope that we'll see some quality Sci-Fi programs in our future...
jeditemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2003, 06:32 PM   #8
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

That seems to be the way things always go - since I was a kid (and that was /long/ ago) everything I like has gotten cancelled and the junk I can't change channels from fast enough gets umpteen seasons.

I think the Nielsen boxes were built in Florida by the same folks that made the voting machines - LOL!!! (Just kidding folks).

I think in general the people who MAKE shows are not the people who WATCH shows. And that in itself is a good enough reason to explain this.

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote