Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 7th, 2003, 07:10 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

bone Forever Young

Wasn't everything wonderful when we were young? Even the simple things? Skipping -- do you remember skipping? Why would we do that? Why have we stopped?

What brought things home to me was that the other day my family was complaining to me that we have too many stairs. It's my fault, I know, I love homes with stairs. But it's because I have never really grown up. Someone even asked me once, "What do you wanna be when you grow up?". I was 37. I'm sure they did not mean it well, but I grinned and laughed and took it well anyway. To me it was a compliment, the very best kind. Why would I want to be a disillusioned bitter old person when I can keep looking at life through the eyes of a child?

BSG makes me feel young whenever I play back a tape of it. And I like feeling young, don't you? Why wouldn't I want a continuation of that wonderful show, a new memory bursting from the old like a butterfly from a chrysalis? Is that such a terrible thing to ask for?

We can be young again, all of us. All we need is one person to say, I see it too. See the incredible potential of actors renewed, themes reborn, dreams resurgent. We can be young again. Just say one simple word.

Yes.

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2003, 08:19 PM   #2
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I currently am 37. One of the security guards at work thought I was 21. Another one thought I was 19. I kid you not, she had to see my driver's licence, and still wasn't convinced.

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2003, 08:41 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally posted by Flamingo Girl
I currently am 37. One of the security guards at work thought I was 21. Another one thought I was 19. I kid you not, she had to see my driver's licence, and still wasn't convinced.
That's so cool! You must look great . I wish I looked young! I've noticed the difference in me since I hit 40. <sigh>

Old March 7th, 2003, 09:32 PM   #4
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

FG, I'm 37 too, for another month & a half

Skipping was fun Muffit! I hope you never "grow up".
Jewels
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2003, 10:11 PM   #5
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I don't skip. I'm too big to skip. But I do have a young attitude. I tell people I'm 10 and tend to act somewhat accordingly. I also have a fascination with things that most people don't seem to take notice of. I love to watch squirels playing, I could watch a trail of ants for hours, and I was once late to work because I stopped to listen to a bird singing. Anything can, and probably has been a toy. Laughter feels good, and makes other people feel good, it costs nothing and is completely legal. Life should be fun.
Growing up, my hero was my grandfather, Popo. He tended to have a young attitude too. He was 86 when he died and I swear he was the youngest man I ever knew.

RH
Old March 8th, 2003, 02:58 PM   #6
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Jewels! Only 37? Gee, I'm 37 too, every day for the last 10 years .

Flamingo, Popo sounds like he was really neat. My grandmother on my Dad's side was like that. At 63 she ran around the house playing hide and go seek with us and lots of other games you wouldn't expect her to be playing at that age.

One time she made us hamburgers and we had Dr. Pepper (her fav). She confused the bottle of catsup with the Dr. Pepper bottle and poured the soda all over her hamburger. While we laughed riotously, she went on to pick up the catsup and drink from it.

Just because we grow up physically doesn't mean the child in us has to die and go away. The same innocent heart is there till we pass from this life. It's all in the way you feel, and not being afraid to show others the weakness of your innocence.

Old March 8th, 2003, 06:48 PM   #7
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I was talking to a friend about a local attraction. She had gone with her sister, and told me her sister had acted like a....well, it was unfavorable. I told her that when I went I had acted like a kid, and she said to me "You always act like a kid, that's why people like you". Usually people peg me at 25-26, and one person, when finding out my real age said she didn't think I was that old because I joked and laughed so much.

As for looking great....I don't know about that. I am suprised at the two thinking I was 21-19, as I have the crinkly bits at the corners of my eyes. I think I have some grey hairs, too, but who knows as I've been dying my hair since I was 19.

RH
Old March 9th, 2003, 05:06 PM   #8
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

I'm 36, but I can still party with the best of them.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2003, 11:58 AM   #9
shadehntr

I'm 38 be 39 next month Muffit and I am a big kid at heart and still get carded too when I go to bars which I don't no more.I even still play video games just like I did way back when I was young also.Boy video games sure took a giant leap during the years.Remembers the first game system I played on too was Pong!Anyone remember that?
Old March 11th, 2003, 12:36 PM   #10
Erzengel

Looks like I'm the kid on this board...
Old March 11th, 2003, 07:06 PM   #11
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Lucky you Erzengel! Ah, to be young again...

Quote:
Originally posted by Boxey
Boy video games sure took a giant leap during the years.Remembers the first game system I played on too was Pong!Anyone remember that?
I have a story about Pong in case you haven't heard it. Nolan Bushnell invented it, fresh out of college and put it in a bar I think. His hopes were dashed when the very next day the bar owner called him and told him: "Get that piece of junk out of here, it's broken already!". Discouraged, he went to see what was wrong with it. He tried everything -- but he couldn't find anything wrong. He scratched his head. As a last resort he thought, "Well, might as well check the coin slot and see if anybody even tried it." To his astonishment, the coin box was so full it had jammed!!! People had tried to force coins into it they were so desperate to try it!!! And so the success of Mr. Bushnell and Atari is now legendary...

P.S. I still have my 2600 and love to take it out and play it now and again, especially Adventure...
Old March 11th, 2003, 08:20 PM   #12
shadehntr

That was a interesting story bout Pong Muffit.Misses my atari 2600 also it was fun.
Old March 11th, 2003, 08:29 PM   #13
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

A family down the street from Popo had Pong, but I didn't get many opportunities to play it.
A friend of my father's had the first Atari system (before it was called the 2600) and lent it to us for several months. I became a wiz on Pac-Man.

RH
Old March 11th, 2003, 08:37 PM   #14
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Hang on, Jewels- you, me, and Flamingo Girl are all Fire Horses! Look out forum!

Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2003, 09:37 AM   #15
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Fire Horses?

What does that mean?

RH