Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old January 9th, 2004, 02:29 PM   #1
jjrakman

Default Gebirg, are you a Mason?

If so, can you tell me a bit about it, I already know a bit about it myself. I've done some research and am thinking about joining a local lodge. What is dues? What else would you tell me?
Old January 10th, 2004, 09:37 AM   #2
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Wow, I didn't know those clubs still existed. My Uncle was a Mason years ago and I still have my grandfathers pin. I don't know about now, but 40 years ago they were like a tremendous family. I don't know what the dues are, but I know they are invested wisely and if anyone in the Mason Kingdom is ever in need of anything, the club is there to back them up and see them through tough times as well as great times. A friend of my uncle's house burned down and his Mason chapter saw that he had a place to live until his was built back and they helped out finanically. I have heard of them giving out scholorships to college too and paying for sick kids hospitalizations. I don't know what is all involved as being a member though. My uncle is no longer in it, but I never heard anything bad about them
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2004, 10:06 AM   #3
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

According to an old "Rites" book I had,they seemed heavily vested in study of the Kabballa.
Old January 10th, 2004, 10:11 AM   #4
amberstar
Strike Leader

Just about my whole family belong to the masons. As I understand they will not ask anyone to join you have to approach them. They do alot of good deeds and from what I understan a lot of their beliefs are from King Solomon.
I have my fathers masonic bible, when he passed away it was given to me. It is a king James version. A few pages in the front has pictures of solomon's temple and a few pages to help the mason student.
I'm saving it for my son just in case he wants to join someday.
Old January 10th, 2004, 10:49 AM   #5
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Lesser Key of Solomon,et al.

Read up on books by A.E. Waite.

All the mojor religions get a nod.
Old January 28th, 2004, 08:11 PM   #6
westy 79
Shuttle Pilot

I am a member of Rubicon lodge #237 in Toledo,Ohio. Here is the basics, History- Some historians trace Freemasonry to the tenth century b.c. during the building og king solomons temple. Records reveal that freemasonry was introduced into england in 926 a.d. Freemasonry is directly descended from associations of operative masons, the cathedral builders of the middle ages, who traveled through europe employing the secrets and skills of their crafts. In the 17th century, when cathedral building was on the decline, many guilds of stone-masons, known as "operative masons" or "freemasons" started to accept as members those who were not members of the masons craft, calling them " speculative masons" or "accepted masons" It was from these groups,comprised mostly of " adopted or accepted masons," that symbolic masonry or freemasonry, as we know it today, had its beginning. Grand Lodges- In 1717, four lodges of freemasons meeting in london,england formed the first grand lodge. This first grand lodge chartered symbolic and provincial grand lodges in many countries, including the united states. Today, there are more than 150 grand lodges in free countries of the world with a membership of more than 6,000,000. There are approximately 4,000,000 freemasons in the united states. symbolic lodge- The basic unit of all grand lodges is the symboliv lodge. It is the symbolic lodge that issues petitions for membership, acts on petitions and confers the three symbolic degrees, know as the entered apprentice, fellowcraft and master mason degrees. membership- membership is limited to adult males who can meet the recognized qualifications and standards of character and reputation. A man becomes a freemason through his own volition. No one is asked to join its ranks. When a man seeks admission to a symboliv lodge, it is of his own free will and accord. The choice is his. Petitioner must be recommanded by two members of a masonic lodge, be 21 years of age mentally and physically competent, of good moral character, and believe in the existence of a supreme being. masonic secrecy- Contary to what many believe, freemasonry is not a secret society. It does not hide its existence or its membership. There has been no attempt to conceal the purpose, aims and principles of freemasonry. It is an organization formed and exisiting on the broad basis of brotherly love, relif and truth. Freemasonry and religion- Freemasonry is not a religion even though it is religious in character. It does not pretend to take the place of religion nor serve as a substitute for the religious beliefs of its members. Freemasonry is kindness in the home, honesty in business, courtesy in society, fairness in work, pity and concern for the unfortunate, resistance toward evil, help for the weak, forgiveness for the penitent, love for one anothe, and above all, reverence and love for God. To be one ask one. I am a second generation mason and I hope that this answers some of your questions please feel free to cotact me for more info. Eric
westy 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2005, 03:23 AM   #7
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

This thread is really neat after watching National Treasure!

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote