Old May 21st, 2009, 01:56 AM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default Big Screen UFO

Robert Evans is teaming with ITV Global on a feature film based on the 1970s British TV series "UFO."

Evans is producing with Avi Haas and Henri M. Kessler. Ryan Gaudet and Joseph Kanarek are penning a script.

The series debuted in 1970 and ran for three years, with characters created by Gerry Anderson. It was set in 1980 and revolves around Shado (Supreme Headquarters Alien Defense Organization), a covert military organization that thwarts an alien race that has been kidnapping and killing humans for decades, then using the body parts. Shado headquarters is hidden beneath a Hollywood studio, and the studio mogul is actually the Shado commander.

The movie will be set in the year 2020.

The Robert Evans Co. has a first-look deal at Paramount, which will be first stop for the project. "We know the importance of the 'UFO' series brand to ITV Global, and we will work closely with them to build this into a franchise," Evans said.
Old May 21st, 2009, 08:05 PM   #2
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Default Re: Big Screen UFO

Thanks for the info Peter, excellent find.
I've always liked UFO. A friend of mine has the complete DVD set. The series is on my "need to get" DVD list. I have them recorded from TV on VHS but they're in pretty bad shape.
Quote:
The series debuted in 1970 and ran for three years, with characters created by Gerry Anderson. It was set in 1980 and revolves around Shado (Supreme Headquarters Alien Defense Organization), a covert military organization that thwarts an alien race that has been kidnapping and killing humans for decades, then using the body parts. Shado headquarters is hidden beneath a Hollywood studio, and the studio mogul is actually the Shado commander.
I thought the show aired in 1970 and ran for 2 seasons. Hmmm, I must have been mistaken.
Might be interesting to see an "updated" treatment of the show as long as it's respectful of the original. The SkyDiver was my favorite vehicle in the show.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote