Old October 15th, 2006, 09:47 AM   #1
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default Saga Re-edit in online

Just uploaded the torrent to www.demonoid.com Go there and search for "battlestar" and you should find it. Choose both seeded and unseeded when searching, although my computer says it is seeding so is should show up.

The file is 3.06 gig, and saved as an ISO disk image, so to view it you will need to burn it to a dvd. Then you should be able to play it in a standard DVD player. Most DVD burning software has an option to "burn disk image". Use that and it should do the trick.

On the disk it the re-edit movie, the raw FX I edited in, and the "Sentinels" trailer I did some time back. Figured it was somewhat appropriate as it is a spin-off from the original timeline.

I know not all of the requests and alterations are in that people had asked for, but I hope you enjoy what I did with it. The biggest change, or addition, is definately to the Colony destruction. You'll definately see other changes.

Lastly I ask for anyone who downloads, please let the file seed for some time. This is a bigger file than the others, so the more people keeping the file online, the faster it will download for others. When it gets down to the point (like the others) where I'm the only one seeding for quite some time, then I'll figure it is time to remove the file. But as long as others are seeding, I'll keep the file on.

And any who want to host the file elsewhere, other torrent sites or newsgroups, well your certainly welcome to and your help is always appreciated. As fans of Battlestar Galactica, I hope we can all share this with others who may enjoy it.

All the best,

Dave
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 10:04 AM   #2
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
Revivalist

Just realized I did not include any DVD cover artwork for those who would want to print it out. The main reason being I have yet to make a DVD cover. When I get around to that I'll have to post it.

Also, the offer is open to anyone who would like to design a DVD cover for the Saga of a Starworld re-edit. Would be great to have a few variations to choose from.
Old October 15th, 2006, 10:13 AM   #3
jjrakman

Awesome. If I'm reading this correctly, it says that the torrent should be complete in 3 days. This must be huge!
Old October 15th, 2006, 10:22 AM   #4
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
Revivalist

It is 3.06 gig. Also since it is only now being downloaded I'm the main source for the file. Once others get big chuncks downloaded, or completed, it will also pull data from their's, as long as they leave it online and seeding. The more people who download, the faster it should get. Thus the importnace of seeding. To seed, after it is done downloading, just leave the file/torrent in your list of files. Don't delete it from your torrent program and it should continue to share.

So being some of the first to download may take longer, but please be patient. And all please leave it on to seed. I'll probably keep asking that over and over, but it is a HUGE help to me and the other fans who would like to download.

Thanks again,

Dave
Old October 15th, 2006, 10:28 AM   #5
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjrakman
Awesome. If I'm reading this correctly, it says that the torrent should be complete in 3 days. This must be huge!
Nah, not if your internet speed is more than 2 MB though? I suppose for 8MB and 24MB users the file will take no more than a couple of hours at best.

The key word as dave said will be for the seeding part though!

KJ
Old October 15th, 2006, 10:44 AM   #6
Dyonisis
Shuttle Pilot

i tried to find the Re-edit movie the search failed.
Dyonisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 12:44 PM   #7
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
Revivalist

If you go to demonoid, search "Battlestar" under the torrents, you should see the "Saga" re-edit.

I also increased the upload speed so hopefully it helps the transfer a bit. Right now there are 14 people downloading, so it is spreading the data to all, but as more transfers, more is shared, yada yada yada.

Every now and then my Verizon DSL gets twitchy so hopefully it won't go down. I'll be keeping an eye on the connection and transfer status.
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:23 PM   #8
jjrakman

As of 5:25 p.m. it's telling me 1 day and 14 hours.
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:28 PM   #9
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
Revivalist

Sounds about right. I'm uploading at 80kb/s, and that is being spread amongst numerous peers. I just hope Verizon doesn't decide to do some "maintenance" any time soon on the DSL lines.
Old October 15th, 2006, 07:33 PM   #10
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

mine is running at 12kb with one day and 16 hours to go, seems to be running on target
Old October 16th, 2006, 05:16 AM   #11
jjrakman

As of Monday 7:17 a.m., it's telling me 1 day 3 hours at 8 KB, 41.3 %
Old October 16th, 2006, 05:45 AM   #12
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

As of 10:44pm AEST Monday October 16 my status is 40.8% complete with 20hrs and 58mins running at 33kb per second
Old October 16th, 2006, 07:01 AM   #13
bionicbob
Warrior

Superman/Smallville

Bless the Lords of Kobol, it is almost here! Its Monday 8am, 40.7% downloaded and only 15 hours to go. YAHOOOOO!

Quick question for my Fellow Galactians, anyone out there willing to explain to me how to burn an ISO file. Though I have NERO on my computer I have actually never used it or looked at it. I use Sonic MyDVD Studio, which is a monkey-proof click and drag program....no thinking required. Perfect for the cyber- challenged like me. But it does not burn ISOs.

So anyone willing to give me step by step instructions on how to use Nero to burn this file?
bionicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 08:03 AM   #14
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

Best instruction i can give you is to use Nero StartSmart and then go to copy and backup and choose "Burn image to disc" which will then pop up a menu of Data, Music, Videos/Pictures, Copy Entire Disc and finally Disc Image or Saved Project

Choose the last one then find your Saga folder with the ISO image, i hope this helps you out
Old October 16th, 2006, 10:57 AM   #15
SilentBob
Warrior

Getting it now. I'm suprised Demonoid is even letting me do it. I thought Demonoid wasn't going to be used anymore.
SilentBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 11:34 AM   #16
bionicbob
Warrior

Superman/Smallville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Warrior
Best instruction i can give you is to use Nero StartSmart and then go to copy and backup and choose "Burn image to disc" which will then pop up a menu of Data, Music, Videos/Pictures, Copy Entire Disc and finally Disc Image or Saved Project

Choose the last one then find your Saga folder with the ISO image, i hope this helps you out
Thanks alot! I will give it a try and let you know how it works. Thanks again for the help! Its 12:30, 57% downloaded and now 17 hours to go!
Old October 16th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #17
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicbob
Bless the Lords of Kobol, it is almost here! Its Monday 8am, 40.7% downloaded and only 15 hours to go. YAHOOOOO!

Quick question for my Fellow Galactians, anyone out there willing to explain to me how to burn an ISO file. Though I have NERO on my computer I have actually never used it or looked at it. I use Sonic MyDVD Studio, which is a monkey-proof click and drag program....no thinking required. Perfect for the cyber- challenged like me. But it does not burn ISOs.
Download the program "Alcohol120%".

As it is more or less tops when it comes down to iso file burning for things such as movie and video game torrents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBob
I thought Demonoid wasn't going to be used anymore.
Come on, for torrent downloading, thats like saying someone would quit breathing 'air' for example. Demonoid is a HUGE ass website, ignoring it would be crazy in anyone's book to get this out there quickly to the masses etc.

KJ
Old October 16th, 2006, 02:58 PM   #18
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
Revivalist

Hey all... home from work and checked the status of the transfers. A couple people in 98% areas. Kick-ass!

Hope you guys like it, and hope it all works okay. Would hate to wait all this time and have some freakin' glitch in the torrent/file. Although I did burn my own disk from this iso and it works quite fine.
Old October 16th, 2006, 04:17 PM   #19
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

73% complete and 9 hours remaining at the speed of 30kb per second
Old October 16th, 2006, 04:35 PM   #20
jjrakman

6:37 p.m. CST, 60% complete, 20:15 hours remaining at 20 KB/s.
Old October 16th, 2006, 06:20 PM   #21
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
Revivalist

sombody out there reached 100%

Just checked, 6 completed downloads, 6 seeders... yeeha.
Old October 16th, 2006, 06:30 PM   #22
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

i'm seeding as i am going along but my speed downloading has fallen from constant 30's to just 10kb
Old October 16th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #23
SilentBob
Warrior

I'm at 28%, 11 hours to go.
SilentBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 07:26 PM   #24
jjrakman

As of 9:28 p.m. CST, I'm at 65.5%, 17:31 hours to go at 12 KB/s
Old October 16th, 2006, 07:29 PM   #25
XANATOS

CONGRATULATIONS SIR ON COMPLETING THIS FINE WORK

also to all who will be able to view this true remake you have my envy
alas i will never be able to watch this movie as i am forced to make do with dial up part of the price i pay for living in the back of beyond in the sunny
land of Arizona

XANATOS
Old October 16th, 2006, 08:23 PM   #26
jjrakman

I'm going to be leabing town tomorrow for 3 days. So if it doesn't finish until some time after I leave, if I understand this correctly, it will automatically start seeding once it's finished, right?
Old October 17th, 2006, 03:40 AM   #27
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
Revivalist

Yup, it should automatically switch over and start seeding away.

Many thanks. And have a safe trip.

Dave
Old October 17th, 2006, 06:07 AM   #28
jjrakman

Thanks.

As of 8:09 CST, I'm at 89.6%, with 4:35 hours remaining at 22 KB/s.
Old October 17th, 2006, 04:20 PM   #29
bionicbob
Warrior

Superman/Smallville

Downloaded completed this morning.

ISO file burned perfected to DVD.

I watched it.

Two words:

FRACKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bow to you Mr. Kerin, a masterful re-edit!

Encore!

May the Lords of Kobol bless you!!!!!!

i guess that was more than two words....
Old October 17th, 2006, 05:44 PM   #30
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
Revivalist

Thanks Bionic...

I am so glad you liked it. Not wanting to sound like Sally Field or anything, but you liked it... you really liked it.

I only say that because in hitting the point where I called it "done", I still felt like there was more that could be done. I guess there would always be something else I would think of doing. I of course see every little flaw that sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I know it is somewhat a curse of making something. I wish I could watch it and not think of every piece that went into a composite and exactly how it was composited.

Wow... I sound all cursed and stuff.

Without getting too heavy though, I personally am very happy with it, and I really hope others enjoy the original, and the real, Battlestar Galactica as well. Even with my little additions.

Now if someone would design some really kick-ass DVD cover(s).