Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Shattered Worlds > The Worlds of Galactica...
Notices
The Worlds of Galactica... An online universe project for BSG fans

Old February 14th, 2005, 01:33 AM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Thumbs up Far in the future....

This idea for an interactive world came to me as I watched my friend play online. He and others would create their own customizable characters and then would go on online adventures. But that was only part of the fun. Most of the time he would walk his character into the lobbly like areas of the game and just sit there for hours and chat and chat with people all over the world.

It was an amazing experience to chat with someone from around the world, with someone alot like you. While surrounded by other people on a futuristic world that never existed to begin with.

I wanted to do the same for Galactica. But it was just a dream until me and Muffit got together. She has alot of untapped skills that are perfect for this. And I have some minor 3d skills and photoshop skills withsome webpage skills.

And believe it or not, we may actually have what it takes to pull this off!

....With alot of help.

Some ideas that are whirling in our head is to make a 3d chatrooom. YOu can build your own warrior, and walk him/her into a online chatroom that is an actual set from the old show. And chat with fellow warrios aboard the Galactica!

Muffit actually has remarkable database skills, so there is hope of one day making it so you can access the threads with yoru 3d character.

And the biggest granddaddy of dreams...which may take a loong time to achieve, is to create an online revival of the old show. All of you would be characters aboard the galactica. And we would build threats to the ship. Cylon attacks. Iblis. An experience similiar to old Dungeon and Dragons game. But online, in real time with a whole worldwide cast serving as players. And maaaaaaybe we could coax a few actors friends into this. If we could be so lucky.

It would be the revival we all were waiting for. But instead of movies or tvs we would live it as it happened.

IF we can overcome all the hurdles, who knows.

but today... I was able to import some premade character into his own set. It was crude as hell. He didn't move. But he stood and it was in 3d.

Its a start.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2005, 02:20 AM   #2
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g

And the biggest grandady of dreams...which may take a loong time to achieve, is to create an online revival of the old show. All of you would be characters aboard the galactica. And we would build threats to the ship. Cylon attacks. Iblis. An experience similiar to old Dungeon and Dragons game. But online, in real time with a whole worldwide cast serving as players. And maaaaaaybe we could coax a few actors friends into this. If we could be so lucky.

It would be the revival we all were waiting for. But instead of movies or tvs we would live it as it happened.
*Thud* (borrowing a Thomas thing there ) OMG you must stop!! your driving me nuts with all these fantasies!! My heart can't take much more!! No I'm not kidding you!! This is too fantastical help me return to earth!! (never thought I'd pick the earth over the stars but there ya have it LOL) Thomas!!!
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2005, 03:47 AM   #3
amberstar
Strike Leader

Tom an amazing dream, I can't wait for it to become real.
I feel like Rowan does.......I'm on cloud nine right now
Old February 14th, 2005, 06:00 AM   #4
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

...And we all owe this fantastic new dream to our own dear Thomas -- as Edison once said, "Invention is 90% inspiration, and 10% perspiration". (I think I got it right)

Thomas has taken us 90% of the way, now it's our turn to carry the torch the last 10 yards... can we do it? Who knows???!!! ("I think I can... I think I can...I KNEW I could... I KNEW I could...")

Tom, thanks soooo much for this spark (well, a heck of a lot more than just a spark, more like a bonfire ). Tom got my wheels turning too, with lots of dreams in my own fantasies suddenly waking from dormancy, to help make this idea shoot out in every direction and pile ideas on ideas! Most of you probably know this already, but this silly daggit has been in the programming industry (db's, games, tools, etc) for ages, so this is just perfect for me too - for all of us in fact -- to spread our viper wings and dance with the stars!!!!!!

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2005, 12:12 PM   #5
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

I think I may be starting to understand...now I have more questions.
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 12:12 PM   #6
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Wink

I'm really are surprised with all that involved, and have to give both of you kudos because you're very talented people. So keep it going and looking forward to see this comes true.
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 08:53 PM   #7
Bojay
Daggit Catcher

Stars Wars in now,
Star trek is coming,

Ill wait for the good stuff.....

Drive On
Old October 24th, 2005, 01:42 AM   #8
docdigital
Shuttle Pilot

Default nice idea

Seems cool idea to implement, gonna watch this space.
docdigital is offline   Reply With Quote