COLONIAL FLEETS NEWS
ONLY please.

Old August 9th, 2006, 12:27 PM   #1
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Bye Bye AllGalactica.com

It had a short life (about 14 months) and its on its way to hang out with the ghost of Christmas past. AllGalactica.com is shutting its hatches for good. I'm taking the site down in the next two weeks.

The Exodus Series will continue on at its new home at The Fan Audio Society at www.fanaudio.com . Hopefully there, it will continue to grow, associate with other audio productions, and eventually raise litttle audio productions.

The FAS is still being populated. Its download files probably won't be in place until the weekend and the replacement board and blog stuff won't be up until next week. The bad news here is that one of the very few original series Galactica sites is going away. The good news is that if you like audio productions, and are a fan of practically anything, you should get a good new resource to enjoy continuations.

For those who are wondering, Exodus 2 is still moving forward (slowly) and you should hear the first tracks from that soon. Also in the early stages is a Galactica prequel series, some Conan the Barbarian presentations, and hopefully something set in the Terminator furture and a pirate tale or two.

Sandy
Old August 9th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #2
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBrainedCylon
It had a short life (about 14 months) and its on its way to hang out with the ghost of Christmas past. AllGalactica.com is shutting its hatches for good. I'm taking the site down in the next two weeks.

The Exodus Series will continue on at its new home at The Fan Audio Society at www.fanaudio.com . Hopefully there, it will continue to grow, associate with other audio productions, and eventually raise litttle audio productions.

The FAS is still being populated. Its download files probably won't be in place until the weekend and the replacement board and blog stuff won't be up until next week. The bad news here is that one of the very few original series Galactica sites is going away. The good news is that if you like audio productions, and are a fan of practically anything, you should get a good new resource to enjoy continuations.

For those who are wondering, Exodus 2 is still moving forward (slowly) and you should hear the first tracks from that soon. Also in the early stages is a Galactica prequel series, some Conan the Barbarian presentations, and hopefully something set in the Terminator furture and a pirate tale or two.

Sandy
WHY?????
And contact me A.S.A.P.
Old August 9th, 2006, 05:07 PM   #3
jjrakman

That's too bad. Maybe Cylon.org can archive some of your allgalactica stuff in their BSG section. I betchya BSGClub would be interested too.
Old August 9th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #4
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Sandy,

I know that you've given it considerable thought, simply by the fact that you posted the announcement. Still, it's a damn shame to see another Galactica site just fade away into memory. If there's anything that Fleets can do to assist, just let us know.

Pete
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 07:48 PM   #5
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Thanks Pete. I'm focusing on a wider world but I think this will be a good thing overall. It will also bring a larger focus to Exodus and by doing, to the original series as well. I really like where I see FanAudio.com going and the things I hope it produces within the next year. By summer 2007, I expect to have a variety of good things on there.

From the Fleets staff and membership, I only ask your support. The Fan Audio Society is a project I've enacted to fill a nitch so productions like Exodus can thrive for all sorts of fanbases can enjoy continuations and expansions of the properties they love. The FAS has a membership zone as well so I'd encourage everyone who is going to even casually follow what we do to register there. The sooner I get a list of "clients" over there the sooner I can test out some additional features I want to provide to everyone.

Sandy

P.S. Mike, I'll try to call you tomorrow.
Old August 12th, 2006, 09:03 AM   #6
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Thanks Pete. I'm focusing on a wider world but I think this will be a good thing overall. It will also bring a larger focus to Exodus and by doing, to the original series as well. I really like where I see FanAudio.com going and the things I hope it produces within the next year. By summer 2007, I expect to have a variety of good things on there.

From the Fleets staff and membership, I only ask your support. The Fan Audio Society is a project I've enacted to fill a nitch so productions like Exodus can thrive for all sorts of fanbases can enjoy continuations and expansions of the properties they love. The FAS has a membership zone as well so I'd encourage everyone who is going to even casually follow what we do to register there. The sooner I get a list of "clients" over there the sooner I can test out some additional features I want to provide to everyone.

Sandy

P.S. Mike, I'll try to call you tomorrow.
Done.

(Not sure whether I'll appear as BST or Pete but, I'm registered.)

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 01:38 AM   #7
Lara
Squadron Leader

I'm in, as well. (as Lara)

Cheers,
Lara
Old August 15th, 2006, 08:28 AM   #8
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

Me to.

OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 05:38 PM   #9
Kaderith
Shuttle Pilot

Sad to see the site leave.. best wishes with future endeavors.
Kaderith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #10
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

I've been working out some config probs, which should all be fixed now. Lara and SBR are registered on the board. Nobody is registered on the actual site. If you registered already and don't go by Lara or SBR, your registration went into outer space. To have full access, you have to register on the board ( http://www.FanAudio.com/forum ) and the main site ( www.FanAudio.com ). The launch date it 1 Sep 2006.

Thanks all for the support and looking forward to filling in the audio drama void -- I know, many of you didn't even know there was an audio drama void.

Russell
Old August 18th, 2006, 12:22 AM   #11
Lara
Squadron Leader

Quote:
I've been working out some config probs, which should all be fixed now. Lara and SBR are registered on the board. Nobody is registered on the actual site. If you registered already and don't go by Lara or SBR, your registration went into outer space. To have full access, you have to register on the board ( http://www.FanAudio.com/forum ) and the main site ( www.FanAudio.com ). The launch date it 1 Sep 2006.

Thanks all for the support and looking forward to filling in the audio drama void -- I know, many of you didn't even know there was an audio drama void.

Russell
mere teething problems, I'm sure..

I thought I had managed to register in both places, as the board greets me by (the name my parents gave me) after I log in to the site (despite my user name being entered as Lara, and it gives me a 'logout' button, Then the forum requires a second login and greets me as Lara.

Cheers,
Lara
Old August 24th, 2006, 08:54 AM   #12
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

The site is up and open now. I'm considering this week to be the testing phase, during which I'm dumping in more content. Over the next month, I'll test the phrase "If you build it, they will come".

The first projects in line are Exodus EP2, some Galactica audio commentary, Conan: The Thing in the Crypt, and the development of a Pirates trilogy.

Russell
Old August 27th, 2006, 07:04 AM   #13
amberstar
Strike Leader

I'm registered as amberstar.........see you soon