Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 22nd, 2005, 07:13 PM   #1
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default religion question from two months ago

About two months ago there was a question posed about Richard's religious background. Well, I KNEW I had the answer, I just couldn't find it right away. Tonight I was cleaning out a cabinet with old paperwork in it and I found the copies of the Richard Hatch newsletter.
Glenda Monroe of San Bernardino, Calif., published the Richard Hatch Fan Club newsletter in the 1980s and sent it (gasp!) by snail mail. This is what I found in the March 1985 issue, and I quote from the question and answer session between Glenda and Richard:

"GM: Are you religious?
RH: Yeah, I'm a very God person. I'm very much into the truth. I'm not into ritualized religion. I don't belong to a church. I was raised a Christian Scientist. I believe in Christian Science, but I don't limit myself to that particular church."

I haven't spoken to Glenda for a long time. I've got tons of these newsletters, and the rest of you can fight over who gets them when I'm gone (which hopefully won't be for at least another 50 years).
Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2005, 07:25 PM   #2
Spike The Cylon
Captain

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollecto
About two months ago there was a question posed about Richard's religious background. Well, I KNEW I had the answer, I just couldn't find it right away. Tonight I was cleaning out a cabinet with old paperwork in it and I found the copies of the Richard Hatch newsletter.
Glenda Monroe of San Bernardino, Calif., published the Richard Hatch Fan Club newsletter in the 1980s and sent it (gasp!) by snail mail. This is what I found in the March 1985 issue, and I quote from the question and answer session between Glenda and Richard:

"GH: Are you religious?
RH: Yeah, I'm a very God person. I'm very much into the truth. I'm not into ritualized religion. I don't belong to a church. I was raised a Christian Scientist. I believe in Christian Science, but I don't limit myself to that particular church."

I haven't spoken to Glenda for a long time. I've got tons of these newsletters, and the rest of you can fight over who gets them when I'm gone (hopefully for not at least another 50 years).
Mary
I like RH's answer. It sounds to me like he's saying it's not how you believe, just that you believe in something. At least, that's what i got out of it.

Fleeing From The Cylon Tyranny, The Last Battlestar, Galactica, Leads a Rag-tag Fugitive Fleet On A Lonely Quest. A Shining Planet, Known As....Earth!
Spike The Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 07:23 PM   #3
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Re: religion question from two months ago

Has the topic come up in any interviews, since. Other castr members?
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #4
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Anne Lockhart is Catholic. I remember reading an interview in which she mentioned going to Mass.
Old March 6th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #5
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Oh, and on a related topic, Glenda and I follow each other on Twitter.
Old March 6th, 2014, 07:37 PM   #6
Senmut
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollecto View Post
Anne Lockhart is Catholic. I remember reading an interview in which she mentioned going to Mass.
Anything on what she thinks of the new Pope?
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote